Crash And Burn - Chapter One

Crash and Burn


- Heechul -

"I'm sorry Heechul-ssi" Cheon Ji hung her head, "I don't love you"
Heechul's smile faded and his eyes widened, shocked, "Wh-what?"
Hyeon Ji averted her gaze, her eyes filled with tears, "Chullie, I..." she sniffed sadly, "I'm so sorry"
He didn't say anything, he simply stared at his girlfriend as she fought back tears. Shouldn't he be the one crying? Shouldn't he be heartbroken?

A few agonizing, silent minutes went by. Heechul scowled at the floor, speechless. Everything had been fine 5 minutes ago. They had been making plans for the evening, Cheon Ji had even suggested they go out to eat. But now this.
"Say something" Cheon Ji whispered.

Heechul shook his head at her and chuckled harshly, "What do you expect me to say? That it's ok? That I don't care?"
She looked at him, pleadingly, "Chullie I just-"
"Don't" Heechul turned his back on her "Don't call me that so casually."
Cheon Ji gave a loud sob and stood up, she went to grab Heechul's arm, he snatched it away from her and clenched his fists.

"You don't love me." Heechul repeated bitterly,
The pretty girl shook her head and gazed sorrowfully at her feet, "No..."
"So leave." He spun around to look at her, "Leave." He spat the words at her. He felt as if his whole world had suddenly collapsed around him.

Cheon Ji started to argue, Heechul interrupted her, "Just leave!"
This time she didn't make any attempt to say something and picked up her bag that lay discarded on the floor. "I'm so sorry Heechul. I didn't want to hurt you.." She trailed off as if she didn't know how to explain something, "You're more like a brother to me, you know?"

A brother?

Heechul furrowed his brow as she said those words, he felt a slight pang in his chest, like someone had winded him. "You can let yourself out." He turned around once more and walked into the small kitchen, leaving Cheon Ji to gather the rest of her belongings. She didn't bother saying goodbye, instead she just left and slammed the front door as she did so.

"Like a brother..." Heechul sighed.