Chapter 8: Jealous

Twin Hearts

   “Dongsaeng,” Youngmin said with a smile.

   “Why did you kiss her?” Kwangmin asked, looking a bit pissed. But you didn’t notice that.

   “Kwangmin-oppa, we didn’t kiss,” you replied.

   “We kissed,” Youngmin teased. ‘Why, are you jealous my brother?’ he asked in his mind and smirked.

   “No we didn’t!” you said. “You liar.”

   “We did. Kwangmin saw that,” Youngmin said with a smirk.

   “We did not so,” you defended yourself and glared at Youngmin.

   “Okay, fine. We didn’t, happy now?” Youngmin asked as he sighed in exasperation.

   “Okay,” Kwangmin said and then smiled again. “I believe you hyung.”

   “What does that mean, you don’t believe me?” you asked and pouted.

   “Aniyo, I do believe you,” Kwangmin sweetly said and patted your head. “Well, I have to go. I have class in five minutes. Bye!~”

   “Sure, bye,” you said and waved at him. As soon as he was gone, you turned to Youngmin and glared. “Yah, why did you say that? Did you know that he almost believed?”

   “Why are you so concerned? Hmm… do you like my brother?” Youngmin asked teasingly. You blushed and looked at the ground.

   “I…I don…don’t li…like h…him,” you stammered. ‘UGH! Why can’t I talk straight when it’s about Kwangmin?

   “Okay, fine,” Youngmin said. “See you later flunkie,” he teased and winked at you.

   “I don’t want to see you Barbie girl,” you teased back.

   “Yah!” he uttered and you ran away. “Aish, that girl… she’s so playful.”

 

   The day passed by boringly and you slept on your two periods. Later that afternoon, you went home by yourself again because Yoon Mi still had a class for an hour. As soon as you got home, you lied on your bed and closed your eyes. Kwangmin’s image popped in your mind. You shook your head and said, “No. I couldn’t like Kwangmin-oppa. He likes Yoon Mi and they should be together. I should not develop any feelings for him. I should stop before I completely fall in love with him.”

   The next day you woke up early and took a shower. After a while, you went out of your room and ate your breakfast. Your mother was watching the television together with your cousin who came over last night. “Noona, slow down on eating you know. You’re not going to be late for school because it’s still early,” your cousin, Kang San, told you. You just rolled your eyes at him and continued eating. After ten minutes, you brushed your teeth and kissed your mom a goodbye. “Goodbye noona,” Kang San said as he waved at you. You waved back and left.

[A/N: Noona ~ older sister—respect (used by guys)]

   “Hello _______!” Yoon Mi chirped.

   “Hey Yoon Mi-unnie,” you replied with a smile.

   “You’re early today,” Yoon Mi teased.

   “I need to go to the library to do some research for my homework,” you told her.

   “Why, didn’t you do it last night?” Yoon Mi asked in concern. You shook your head.

   “No. We don’t have a computer,” you admitted. Yoon Mi’s smile turned into a frown.

   “Ah, yeah… sorry, I forgot,” Yoon Mi said apologetically.

   “Aniyo, no need to say sorry unnie,” you assured her and smiled.

   “Oh, hey I uh… need to go. My classmate wants me to tutor her for our quiz later,” Yoon Mi said and you just nodded.

 

   “Yoon Mi-unnie is really smart,” you told yourself. “No wonder Kwangmin-oppa likes her. She’s so kind, smart, and pretty. She’s also a very understanding person. Indeed, she’s a real ideal girl for any guys,” you added and smiled. “But I wonder why Youngmin doesn’t see that? Why does he keep rejecting her? Is it because he knows that Kwangmin-oppa likes her? Does Youngmin really like her but he just hides his feelings because he doesn’t want to hurt Kwangmin-oppa? Is he just sacrificing?” you asked yourself then shook your head. “Aniyo, Youngmin isn’t that kind of person. He’s very selfish and mean. Maybe he’s just really cold-hearted that’s why he rejects Yoon Mi-unnie.”

   “Haven’t you got anyone to talk to you?” a voice asked. You turned around and saw Youngmin walking towards you.

   “What are you doing here?” you asked dryly.

   “I study here,” he answered in sarcasm.

   “Whatever,” you said.

   “So, why are you talking to yourself again? Don’t you have anyone to talk to or you’re just really crazy?” he teased. You rolled your eyes.

   “Whatever Youngmin,” you said.

   “How come you only call me by my name and Kwangmin you call him oppa?” Youngmin asked and pouted.

   “That’s because Kwangmin-oppa is a guy. Unlike you, you’re a Barbie girl so I call you Youngmin-unnie,” you teased and smirked at him. “Youngmin-Barbie-unnie.”

   “Yah, I told you I’m not a Barbie,” he said, irritated.

   “I don’t care. I still think you’re a Barbie. Look at your hair, it’s blonde and you act too girly,” you said and laughed at him.

   “No I don’t,” he said.

   “Yes you do,” you said and stuck your tongue out. “You do, you do.”

   “Whate—” he stopped when the bell rang. “Tsk.”

   “Bye bye, Barbie,” you .

   “Whatever flunkie,” he teased back and started walking away.

 

   After your last period, you packed up your things and sighed. “Its Friday today… I’ve got to study alone,” you told yourself and pouted. As you finished packing up your things, you looked out the window and saw Kwangmin together with Yoon Mi at the fountain area. “They look great as a couple,” you said and sighed. You felt as if there were thousands of needles pricking your heart right now. “I just hope Yoon Mi realizes that he likes her,” you added. You saw Yoon Mi laugh when Kwangmin said something. You felt jealous on how close they were. You saw how Kwangmin looked at her when they started studying. “He’s really in love with her, isn’t he?” you asked yourself and heaved another sigh. You’ve been watching them the whole time until someone entered your room.

   “Are you just going to stare at them like that and do nothing?” Youngmin asked. You turned around and saw him looking at you as he pointed outside the window. Slowly, he approached you and looked out the window as well. “Do you really want to hurt so badly by watching them like that? You like Kwangmin don’t you?”

   “It won’t matter. I’ve got no chance. Look at them, it’s obvious that he likes Yoon Mi,” you replied and tears started to form in your eyes.

   “No he doesn’t,” Youngmin said. You looked at him, puzzled.

   “He does. If he doesn’t then why do you keep rejecting Yoon Mi’s love for you? It’s because you know that Kwangmin-oppa likes her, right?” you asked. As soon as you realized what you said, you covered your mouth. ‘Me and my big mouth. Grr…

   “How did you— by any chance, did you witness what happened in the library?” Youngmin asked as his eyes widened.

   “Aniyo, aniyo! I…I didn’t. I uh… something! Don’t mind what I said!” you told him as you shook your head.

   “Whatever the case, that’s not the reason why I keep on rejecting her,” Youngmin said. He looked out the window again and saw the two laughing with each other. “Kwangmin doesn’t like her. He used to but not anymore. He likes someone else.”

   “Great… I’ve got no chance,” you said and your shoulders deflated. ‘He doesn’t like Yoon Mi-unnie. It means he likes someone better? UGH! Whyyyy?

   “Yes you do because the girl he likes is you,” Youngmin told you. You just stared at him with wide eyes.

   “You’re lying. It’s not true at all. He doesn’t like me. I mean a thing like me? No way. Why would he like me over Yoon Mi? Yoon Mi is better than me,” you said.

   “You’re really slow, aren’t you? He likes you. Why do you think he almost got pissed yesterday when he thought I kissed you? He was jealous because he likes you,” Youngmin said and shook his head. “No wonder you’re flunkie… you’re so slow,” he teased.

   “That’s not true. Maybe he was just shocked because he thought you kissed me,” you defended. ‘He couldn’t possibly like me, right?

   “Slow poke. If you don’t believe me then I’ll show you,” Youngmin said as he held your hand. Because of that, you got shocked and stood still on your spot. “Yah, c’mon.”

   “What do you think you’re going to do?” you asked as you raised an eyebrow.

   “Just watch,” he said as he pulled you out of the room. The two of you headed towards the fountain area.

 

   “Oppa, I’ll just quickly go to the comfort room. I’ll be back,” Yoon Mi said and stood up.

   “Sure, sure. Go quickly or you might pee in here,” Kwangmin joked.

   “Yah!” Yoon Mi said as she playfully hit Kwangmin’s arm.

   “I was kidding. Go, go or else that might really happen,” Kwangmin teased and with that Yoon Mi ran towards the comfort room.

   “C’mon I’ll take you home. Don’t be shy,” Youngmin said out loud as you passed by Kwangmin and held your hand tightly.

   ‘What is this guy doing!? Take home? What? I don’t understand,’ you said in your mind. You were really confused right now. “Ya…yah! I don’t want.”

   “Don’t be shy _______. I’ll take you home and you know I won’t bite,” Youngmin teased.

   “Hyung, why are you with her?” Kwangmin asked as he stood up and approached the two of you. You gulped hard. “And why are you taking her home? Why are you holding her hand? Since when did you two become close? Did you really kiss her yesterday and you just denied it? Hyung, tell me!” he whined.

   “Aish this Kwangmin. You have so many questions,” Youngmin said, acting annoyed.

   “He’s not taking me home. He didn’t kiss me,” you blurted out and let go of Youngmin’s hand. “We’re not close.”

   “Oh, well I better get going then. Good bye sweetie,” Youngmin said and winked at you before he walked away, leaving you completely stunned at what was happening. Youngmin tried to stifle a laugh as he walked away. ‘Sweetie? Where did that come from?

   “I don’t want to see you like that again with hyung,” Kwangmin said with a serious face. “I don’t want to hear him calling you like that again,” he added.

   “Eh?” you uttered. ‘_______say something. Defend yourself… aish, that Youngmin! Suddenly leaving me in here… what should I do? Kwangmin looks mad,’ you told yourself in your mind.

   “I’m jealous,” Kwangmin admitted after a few seconds.

   “Excuse me?” you asked, shocked. ‘Did he just say…?

   “I’m jealous because I like you,” he confessed.

----

A/N: Okay, so here's chapter 8. I hope you like this so far :D Thanks for all the subs and comments. Please keep them coming to motivate me :D Because I don't get inspired when... you know, no one's commenting ^^ Anyway, have a nice day night! :D Bye!~

Subscribe to Story<--click and see what it does ;)