Day 4 Month 3

Love Like

No one's POV

He entered once again the noisy classroom, then instead of sitting on his own seat, he headed to the president of their class,also, one of his best friend. She is a bespectacled girl, her fringe covers her eyes. She seemed immersed at writing something at her notebook. She's not aware that someone approached her table. The boy in front of her chuckled and she seemed heard him,he knew the boy of course, the boy whom she spent her childhood with.

"What do want Hyukjae? Can't you see I'm busy?" She said without raising her head up.

"Eh.. Mother.. " Hyukjae whined.

"What?" She said irritably. She finally looked up.

 Her eyes round with annoyance as she faced her bestfriend. "Look at them, mother, they're so sweet" Hyukjae thumbed the boy at the back of the classroom who seemed immersed talking to a girl. The president, who looked back, made a 'tch' sound and resumed writing on her notebook.

"Sissy" She muttered loud enough for Hyukjae to hear. He chuckled hopelessly as he, also, observed them.

"I thought you want him to mingle with others, Father?" His bestfriend said without looking up.

"I do but, I can't help but feel jealous" Hyukjae said, still observing the boy named Donghae on the back of the classroom, talking to a girl named Jessica.

"Ah. Love, the thing that makes the world revolve, and drive you crazy"

"I never foresee this thing, falling for him"

"You sometimes expect the unexpected, sweetheart" Then the teacher came inside the classroom and Hyukjae went to his seat. The others also went to their proper places and silence made its way.

"Miss Hwang, if you please." Her teacher gestured the class president to stand up. She stood up and she said;

"Good morning teacher. This class is ready for discussion"

"Thank you" And she sat down. The teacher started to tackle the past lessons to them. Hyukjae felt his concentration go low, he rested his chin on his palms, and his eyes wandered througout the room, he sometimes found himself looking at the window, or rather, looking at the person beside the window. He rather not look too long, for it would raise suspicions.

"Mr Lee, if you are done looking at your seatmate, why don't you try to look at me?" His teacher pointed out. Hyukjae shamelessly faced the teacher and bored his eyes on his classmates who turned to look at him. He's really good at pokerfacing, but he's slowly killing his teacher on his mind.

"Are you listening?"

"Yes"

"Well then, kindly answer the problem at the board" His eyes darted in front. He lazily stood up and proceeded as he calculate the answer on his mind. He answered flawlessly in front. He returned to his seat as the teacher checked if it was correct.

"Nice try, Mr Lee" Even though his teacher was leering on him, Hyukjae smirked inwardly as the teacher called another student for the next question. He now concentrated on the board, even though he knew all of it.

****

"I so hate that teacher, he always picks me!" Hyukjae ranted at Miss Hwang, who, as always been busy writing something on her notebook. It was breaktime and their classmate chatted to each other, asking each other what will they eat, and so forth. Meanwhile, Miss Hwang replied to his so-called father

"Well if you didn't peek at him or shoot glances towards him, maybe the teacher won't call you. You know, the teacher won't call you if you behave properly at his class."

"Skip the homily mother, I'm hungry" Hyukjae brushed her off.

"Why you--?!" The president bit back but..

"Excuse me.." Hyukjae shot a glance at the newcomer, he saw his seatmate at the back, Donghae.

"Hi Donghae!" Hyukjae greeted to him, on his side, the president rolled her eyes

Donghae opened his mouth for a few times but no words came out in it. He was distracted by his fellow classmate, Jessica, calling him. He signaled her, the other one, however, felt he'd punch the wall later, but kept his facade calm. 

"Maybe, we'll talk?" Donghae said.

"Huh? Me?" Hyukjae asked. Donghae nodded.

"After class, I think." The other said, and he waved goodbye to both of them. 

"What do you think of that Ms Hwang?" He asked his bestfriend who resumed writing something at her notebook. 

"Dunno, maybe, he'll ask you whether you really glanced at him or not" She said naturally.

"Whaaa--? Can you be more optimistic?" Hyukjae said.

Miss Hwang only shrugged. 

"Come now, Kyuhyun, let's eat" Hyukjae called his other friend."Want to go sweet?" He asked his bestfriend. The boy named Kyuhyun went with Hyukjae, together with the class president to the canteen.

***

Classes resumed with just a blink of an eye, Hyukjae can't focus anymore on studies.Okay, he thought, It's really weird. He's  been avoiding his gaze towards his left, in order not to raise suspicions and creepy feeling and Hyukjae does not need another round of embarrasment to another teacher. God, he thought again. , it's irresistible. He looked at the corner of his eye and surprisingly, he saw his seatmate doing the same thing to him, checking him out. Oh dear, I'm caught in the act. Hyukjae frustratedly rubbed his face in embarrasment and a bit of stupidity. He can't help but to chuckle to himself. Really funny, Hyukjae, really..

***

"Hey, let's walk home together." Jessica said shrilly.

"I'm sorry, but I have something to do" Donghae said apologetically,

Hyukjae heard it all. Pleaassee, he thought, calm DOWN! He never hated the girl, but animosity towards her crawled on his veins, from her high pitched voice to her flirting schemes. Hyukjae remained to his seat, trying to ignore both of them, until the girl finally gave up and walked home. The class is over and the two of them remained inside the room. Hyukjae stood up and wander at the room, as if he's new there. However, Donghae was gathering his courage to speak his mind out.

"Uhmm.. W-well" Donghae began, he never stuttered to a person before. It's so unusual. Maybe I'm shy... the WHAT?!?

"What?" Hyukjae stopped wandering the room and sat behind the teacher's desk. He's now looking at Donghae, well not directly, but somewhere at his shoulders.

"Areyoureallylookingatme?" He said it quickly, unfortunately, Hyukjae didn't heard it clearly,

"Can you say it slowly?" 

"I said, Are you really looking at me?" He said slowly. Hyukjae stood up again and wander around again. 

" You caught me earlier, did you?" He said it casually, but pressure was building inside him. 

"Wh-what!? I'm not looking at you!" Donghae screamed. He does not have the intention of raising his voice like that but, he's denying the truth, and he knew it. 

"Well, sorry, if I looked or glanced at you." Hyukjae said, as he approached his seat once more, getting his bag and leaving Donghae inside the room, confunded. A few minutes later, he ran outside the room, he saw the small figure of Hyukjae walking at the corridor. 

"H-HEY!" He saw the other stopped dead to his tracks. Donghae ran to him and he said.

"It's alright, we're friends after all, just don't do it again" And why the hell he's convincing this idiot in front of him? Well because, in his opinion, they are friends, and Hyukjae smiled brightly,

"Thank you, and let's both walk home, Mother left me alone."

"Huh? Mother?"

"Oh that? Nevermind, that's what I call Miss Hwang" 

"Why you call her like that?"

"Ah well, long story, but basically, I have nothing to call her, so I call her that"

"You are definitely weird." Donghae laughed.

"You think so? Maybe, I am." He chuckled.

'Yes, I'm really weird, as to why I'm attracted to you'

They continued chatting till they reached their respective homes.

'It will be a great trouble if you will know as what am I really up to'