| game entries

PressPlay - Graphic Studio | closed

Click here to vote for your favorite entries

 

The entries :

 

1 . infinitylulu |  Painting = Narnia????

 

2. bluepolkadots |  Legend says, that our world is a painting in the Heavens. It is held by two chains to balance out the good and bad of the world. One tip, and the world would cease to exist. 

They were two lovers never meant to be. One belonged to Earth while the other belonged to Water. Now they have finally met, ready to have their happily ever after. But the Gods were enraged since they were messing with Fate. So they sent a shape shifter named Evil to lure Earth into the Gallery in the form of a bird. When she entered, a single portrait stood in the middle of the room. It was labelled Genesis. Then the bird told her, "Set a chain free, love there will be." So she told the bird to loosen the chain on the right. It was only till water flowed out that she snapped out of the trance. The bird became a snake which slithered away. "Water...", then a white paper boat flowed out, in it sat their couple ring. Earth was the caused of it's own destruction. What's done, is already done.

 

3. Ninja_Lover | Listen to this song while reading (my recommendation): 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6kfPUCZXY&feature=player_detailpage 

“Ma'dam!”
“Margret Anne! Get back here now!”
‘I’m sorry mother, father. I’m sorry that I wasn't able to be the daughter you want me to be. But I have to follow my heart. I'm not ready for marriage. I want to be able to find love for myself. To be able to make my own mistakes and learn from them.’ I kicked off my shoes as I exited the prison that they all called home. Freedom. Freedom to be myself; it was all I asked for. My name is Margret Anne Graham the third, Princess and heir to the throne. Throughout my life I was taught to be perfect. I hurdled pass the guards.
“Catch her.” My mother bellowed. I used everything that I learnt in my lesson to duck, dive and snake pass them. Whilst I made my grand escape through the royal garden, I came across an old crooked cabin at the bottom of the garden.
“That was never there before.” I pondered.
“Margret! You get back here right now!” mother screamed at me. There was no going back now. I ran inside and took shelter. Surprisingly, the room was empty except at the back of the room there was a picture held up by chains. I cautiously approached it; it was a stunningly, beautiful picture of the sea. The place that since I was a child, I have always long to be. I never wanted to be a princess. Slowly, I touched it and something magical happened, the room filled with the earthly sounds of the sea; waves crashing onto the shore, seagulls singing tales of the sea. The ceiling turned dark then filled with stars. The sea in the picture streamed out from the painting, the floor flooded with an emerald green saltwater. Seagulls flew out of the painting, gathered and then swarmed above my head.

A voice beckoned from within, “Come closer. If you truly long to be free… come closer.”
“I do.” I whispered. I edged towards it and reached out. A hand from inside the painting accepted it and helped me inside.
Everything went black.
I opened my eyes, hesitating. Something didn’t feel right. I glanced down to be met by the sight of a fish tail.
“AHH!” I screeched.
“Its okay.” The same voice from before reassured me my safety. I spun around to be faced by a mer-man; I jumped from the shock.
“It’s okay, you’re free now. You’re one of us. Don’t be afraid.” he smiled sincerely.
“Pardon?” without another word he readied himself on the rock we were sat on and elegantly dived off into the sea.
“Follow me.” he called, waving me a gesture to follow… Should I?

 

4. shawna91095 | The room started to fill with salt water and as I gazed at the painting, memories of the sea started to pass through my mind. The sound of seagulls and the smell of salt water made me quiver with happiness. I craved the feeling of the water against my skin and swimming until my body is exhausted. All my senses started to jolt with want for my home. I miss my home and I miss my family so much. But I am hesitating and I know why. But why am I having second thoughts? This was my wish. My wish to go back to where I belong but the one I love is here in this different world. My eyes started watering as the image of my lover invaded my thoughts. His smile welcoming and his touch sending my body into shock from pleasure. I am leaving once again without a word. I am leaving him for the sea. I hope he will understand why I am gone. I hope he will still love me the same. As I walked close to the painting my body molded with the water and I felt complete once again. I started to disappear in the painting more and tears seeped out of my eyes. I finally entered the painting and went to where I belong. Hopefully he will understand but if he doesn’t hopeful he will find comfort when he looks at the sea because that’s where I will be waiting for him to find me again. I will wait for him. I will wait….

 

5. michiusa  "Oh, no." She gasped in horror when the mass body of water leaked through the masterpiece. Her dress quickly seeped in the water, dragging her down, making it nearly impossible to escape this trap. Her past had finally caught on. Tears mixed into the salt water as her eyes fluttered shut, feeling the familiar tingling sensation pass through her legs. This wasn't right! She hadn't had her chance to talk to that man she saved yet, she hadn't experience, she hadn't...it was already too late. Her once milky white skin turned into slippery green scales. Alas, she was back into her true form, a mermaid.

 

6. michiusa | Then she let her imagination go wild. A single seahawk flew out of the painting, nearly crashing into her with it's amazing speed. Salt water poured out at an alarming rate but she wasn't scared. No, she was exited, thrilled to enter another realm that held no boundaries.

 

 

7. CelineheartUKISS |I stepped into the room where we use to hide in. Hiding from the others as we giggled mischeviously. Her laughter filled my ears as I closed my eyes and listened to them.

    "Clara! Look! He's coming!"
    "Who? Who's coming?"
    "Daniel! Quick hide there!" 


I sighed as I snapped out of my thoughts and opened my eyes. Advancing towards to bed she used to sleep in, I sat on it and ran my hand across the sheet. Her faint smell from the sheets lingered on my hand. 
    "Clara? ... Are you asleep?"
    "Hmmm?"
    "I'm scared..."
   "... Of what?"
    "Those monsters... The ones that Daniel told us about..." I chuckled.
    "They aren't real Anna. Those are just myths."
    "But... I'm still scared... Will you sleep with me?" I shook my head and pushed all my thoughts about her away as I got up from her bed and stretched. It has been a long day. I jumped, hearing a knock from the door.
    "Come in," I spoke as I turned to look at the door.
    "Clara?" My aunt, Annycia poked her head in, smiling. I smiled back at her.
    "Yeah?"
    "How are you? I didn't get to see you at the funeral just now," she said as she took a step in.

    "I'm fine... I guess it's because I was busy greeting the other guests," I shrugged and sighed softly. Silence took over a moment before she spoke up.

    "So... This must be the painting she had always been talking about... Is it?" She asked as she took a few steps towards the painting that Clara had always treasured dearly. I muttered a soft yes and smiled.
    "Its beautiful," she complimented as she ran her finger across it
    ."I wonder why she never allowed anyone else to see it except you," Aunt Annycia's shoulders dropped slightly as she sighed. I walked towards her as I looked up at the painting of the ocean. Seagulls flying everywhere.
    "Oh, silly me. Of course she would let you see it. You're her one and only favorite sister after all," she laughed. I looked down, feeling a clench at my heart.

One and only...

Favorite sister...

    "C-Clara?" I looked up to find Aunt Annycia staring at me. I blinked away the tears that managed to form in my eyes without me realizing. 
    "Oh darling I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry. I know you miss her. We all do too," she pulled me to her chest as she hugged me, my hair in the process. I sniffed and slowly, started sobbing.
    "Shhh... It's okay dear. It's okay. Annabelle is in somewhere much more beautiful than where we are now. Shouldn't you be happy for her? Hmmm?" she continued comforting me as I cried onto her shirt. I cried and cried, nothing could express how I really felt.
Sadness. Sadness so deep that it hurts every single part of me.She was my everything. My only baby sister. My source of laughter and happiness. I don't know what I'll do without her. She meant the world to me. Guilt took over me. I could've save her. But I didn't. If only I could turn back time and change it all.

   "Clara... Darling, you okay now?"

    "Mmhmm..." I nodded slightly as I pulled away from my aunt. My eyes widen upon seeing her soaked shirt.
    "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to wet your shirt!" I panicked and apologized.
    "It's alright... I'm about to change it anyways," she smiled. I sighed and looked down.
    "Clara... Clara look at me." I looked up and blinked at her
    ."Annabelle wouldn't want to see you like this without her. You were always her role model. She wouldn't want her role model to cry because of her wouldn't she?" Aunt Annycia took my hands and patted them.
    "I have to go now love. Take care alright?"I nodded.I sighed for the umpteenth time when I heard the door shut and looked down, feeling depressed again.
    "Annabelle... Why?" I whispered.
Why?
 Why did you leave me? 
Why did you had to leave me after all we went thought as blood sisters. 
Why did you risked your life to save me?
 Why?
 I stared at the floor for several minutes before looking up at the painting hanging in the wall.
I've always wondered why this picture was so important to her.

  "They hold wonders you could never imagined," she once told me. Her eyes gleaming as she admired it.

 I took a step towards it as I ran my hand across it. It's colour... So beautiful. I stared and stared, trying to understand what she meant. What wonders she was talking about. 
How could this mere painting have such importance in someone's life? 
Then it happened.
 The waves.
It moved.
I blinked, trying to register in my mind about what had just happened.
It happened again. I took a shaky step back.
Soon water started spilling out of the painting.
    "What in the world..." I muttered as the smell of the salt water took over the room. The water continued spilling out of the painting, the room started to be filled with them. I grabbed my dress and pulled it up to prevent the water from soaking it but I was too late. The water rose higher and higher. I yelped when something pulled my hair softly. I looked up.
A seagull. It squaked at me and flew around. Soon more of them came flying in. I could only stare in awe. It was beautiful. Every part of this was just... Breath taking. How could I have not seen this earlier? Annabelle why didn't you show me this earlier?
 I turned behind and gasped as the walls turned dark. Stars and clouds appeared around in. It was mesmerizing. I let out a laugh as I watch the seagulls attempt to pull the chain of the painting and carry it.
 "This is beautiful..." I whispered and watched it.
Slowly everything died down. The seagulls flew back into the painting. The water disappeared. The walls turned back to their original colour. I sighed in satisfaction and happiness.How could I not know this... I laughed and shook my head. Annabelle was right after all.
 I looked back at the painting and I swore I heard her giggle and her voice, ever so softly, whispered in my ear,"I told you so."
(Eeeeeeeek! Is it too long? :O)

 

8. CelineheartUKISS | I've always yearned for a little adventure of mine. Running through the wide field of wheat. Sailing through the deep blue ocean. Riding the horses across the meadow. Exploring the forests that holds so much more than us man can ever imagine.
"Stop dreaming," they once said.
"You can't even leave the castle walls, what more the kingdom?" 
But I never did. I believed in my dreams and I always will.

"You want to chase your dreams? Have an adventure of yours?" The wizard that lived in the tower where we, royalties were forbidden to go to, asked me. I nodded. He let out a laugh which sent chills to my bones.
"Why you've come to the right place, your highness. I can help you escape silently but you must return before sunrise or you'll never be able to see your kingdom ever again. Mark my words," he grinned as he picked up a pouch. A rather small, ragged one.
"Are you up for this? You may lose everything you own at this very moment, your highness. Everything," the wizard leaned close to me, his right eye twitching as he did so. I sighed and nodded once again.
"Might as well. I've come this far hadn't I? Sneaking out in the middle of the night to seek for your help," I replied. He grinned again before nodding his head several times.
"Very well then. It's your choice after all. Now come here," he gestured me to move forward. I took a step towards him as he grabbed a handful of gold dust from the pouch he was holding. Before I knew it, my vision was blinded by gold.

I took a step towards a small old wooden door. It creaked as I pushed it opened. Its been roughly fifteen minutes since I left the tower.

"Go to the East tower, the highest floor. No guards roam around there so you should be just fine. Once you reach the highest floor, open the door that leads you to a room. Inside, you'll find a painting. A rather large one in fact. Go. Go now. Before it's too late," the wizard pushed me out of his room hastily. 
"Wait! What do I do after that?" I stopped him from shutting the door in my face.
"That your highness, is for you to find out," helast said to me before wishing me goodbye.

I stared at the painting before my eyes.

Blue.

Water.

The sea.

It was exactly like what I imagined the ocean would be.
It was indeed a beauty.I reached out to touch it, the tips of my fingers touching it rough surface. It looked so real. I took a step closer to it and placed my palm on it as I caressed the painting slowly. 
Drip.
Drip.
Drip.

I turned around and gasped as I saw the walls slowly turning darker, clouds started appearing, one by one. I blinked as I watched the walls turned into skies.
Drip.
Drip.
Drip.
I looked down and my eyes widen. Water... Water! I looked around the room as I saw it being filled up with the water from the painting. I yelped when I felt something brushing past my ear. A seagull.

'What is happening?' I thought as I turned to looked at the painting. More seagulls appeared through it and the water continued to fill up the room. I stared in awe and absent mindedly, I giggled. Louder and louder my laughter filled the room. I sighed in happiness as I reached out to the painting. I gasped as my hand easily went through it. I smiled wider as I took a step forward and before I knew it, I was already starting that little adventure of mine.

 

 

9. bluetwilight57 |

I looked at the painting. It seemed more striking than it had ever seen. Like it held some sort of meaning I had forgotten. I looked deep into it, with the scenery, it felt as if I had been there. I looked at it in a new light. I had seen it before once or twice, but I hadn't really been concentrating on it, and the things it made me feel. It wasn't the feeling you get when you see a good piece of art, no this feeling was much more complex. 

I looked on at it and slowly touched my hand to the painting and it was like an electric shock. A memory so quick and flashy I barely caught what was happening, but it was a memory nonetheless. A memory I never had. There was a boy. A beautiful one too. His eyes were the perfect shade of brown. I felt as if I knew him, but at the same time I didn't. I felt like there was more to this strange happening than that, so with caution, I touched it once more. Another shock, but this time it wasn't happy. A tragic scream, a call of my name. It was a tortured moment that sent pain running through my veins. One last time, I decided to touch it, once and once only. So I did, and I felt a stranger spark, and a slightly longer memory. A bird, flying free in the sky, the last thing I saw before I... out?

I stared at the painting as if it had been haunted. Actually, by then I was pretty sure it was. But my concentration must have triggered something. Because slowly the room around me began to enclose and darken, and the painting...started to come to life. Water started pouring in, freezing my feet at the icy touch. One of the chains holding up the painting snapped, startling me and earning a troubled cry. Even more startling was the change in colour on the walls. 

It began to look like a sky, dotted with stars that shone ever bright. I had to sharply duck as a seagull came flying through to pick up one of the loose chains, therefore making the water pour in at an increasing alarming speed. I had no time to worry about my one of a kind hand-made dress. It was holding me down and I was beginning to need to float. 


I apologised to the people who made my dress silently in my head, before ripping the bottom off with all of my strength so it was little above knee length. Suddenly, it felt like a massive weight had been lifted, making it easier for me to float. But the water flowed out progressively faster and soon enough I was forced to take a deep breath and stay under for a while.

I began to frantically stay under and swim up to get some air. I knew I was nearing the ceiling, and I was scared for my life until I noticed, the ceiling was no longer there. I swam up and up, afraid that I would die like this. But soon enough my head popped up and I was left awestruck at the surroundings. 

I was in the middle of the ocean. The exact scenery of the painting to be exact. The same time of day, the same birds in the sky. I didn't know what to think. Especially when I realised that I didn't need to treat water to stay up. That's when I saw it.

Two people on a boat. I quickly realised what was happening. It was my memory. The full one. I was the arms of someone, a boy. The perfect boy from that sharp memory that had somehow been laced into my recent thoughts. I could here them talking as if I was right next to them. 

Slowly, I found myself moving closer to them, but they never noticed once. I saw everything much clearer. I saw the love in our eyes. I saw how gentle the touches were. I saw the boy take a photo of the landscape.
"I'm going to paint this when we get back, and if I can't then someone will. They know I only take photos of what I intend to paint." His voice was like satin, soft and slow

"What'll you do with that painting?"I asked, a smile growing on my face.

"I'll give it to you, as a memory of the times we spent together, I'll give it to you as a sign that I love you more than anything else, and that nothing will ever be able to sever our connection,"
I smiled at his words.
"I love you too,"

Love? I was in love? Is that why memories and fractions of this seemed to haunt me? Is that why I had such a distinct reaction when I touched the painting.

The boat sailed on, we were lost in each others eyes. I had no idea why none of this was in my memory before, because it seemed like everything was the way i would do it. It was obvious to me that this wasn't a case of mistaken identity. 

They were oblivious. It was horrible really. They didn't see the horrible things I did. They didn't see the rocks ahead of them. I looked frantic, they were on the deck, they would fall off!! I looked for the captain, who was...sleeping? How the hell does a captain fall asleep?! What idiot was this?! 

And so the second and third flashes played out. We hit the rocks, I smashed my head and the boy? He drowned instantaneously. I managed to look up and sure enough the seagull was there. I fell unconscious. 

I was frantic. Someone help me!! What's happening. I was disappointed I couldn't help the me of the past. But shortly after, a sailor came through. He saw me, and he had the right reaction.
"GRAB THE GIRL! SHES DYING!" 
Thank God or that mans existance. I was hauled onto the deck and taken to safety. That's when the memory faded...

I woke up on my front lawn, still soaking in my ripped dress. I was confused, and hurt, but as I knocked on the expensive fancy front door, I smiled in content. I now truly knew where my heart was left, and my first love was satisfied. My important memory had returned, all because of that painting.

 

 

10. AutumnHearts | Hello. I'd like to give you the link to my one-shot. Well, more like a drabble :D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/432713/
I hope you'll like it^^

 

 

11. shhimquiet |  Emptiness. There was nothing but emptiness that the woman could feel as her eyelids slowly fluttered open. Everywhere around her was white. Completely white, and tall and endless, and dark, and empty. The walls were tall, too tall, reaching endlessly into the dark abyss above, and higher than what the woman could see even as she craned her neck. 


As she carefully got up, rustles came, and she felt the surprise bubbling up within her as her eyes landed on the dark green dress that seemed to hug her body and accentuated her pale arms and shoulders. The surprise quickly turned into laughter, bursting from and echoing in the room, bouncing off every corner and ricocheting off to the dark abyss above. Her dress was lovely and it put a twisted smile on her face. She kicked and twirled and skipped and played with her dress, laughing more and more as the sway and the rustle of the dress amused her.

But it stopped. Her laughter stopped when her eyes landed on a hanging painting right at the very front of the room. It was a painting of the sea, the green and blues of a sea, with white gulls flying above and an overcast sky. Cautiously, she touched the painting, feeling the bumpy surface and the dried paint. The walls suddenly started to change and her head started spinning. Something inky black started to rise up from the bottom of every wall, spilling upwards and coating every wall black before white dots of light appeared. Stars. Stars decorated the top part of the walls that her eyes could see before fading out into the darkness above, and clouds and smoke curled around the bottom half of the walls. It was as if those walls fell and showed her that her room was floating in space—floating in the heavens.

The sound of rushing water caught the woman’s attention. The painting started leaking water, starting a bit slow and steady like a faucet but gradually charging out like the ocean in that painting wanted to take over the room and engulf the woman. The woman let out a yell when her feet met with the cold water, sloshing and rising little by little. She lifted one of her feet, bunching up the bottom of her dress in her hands and lifting it up. Her foot dripped with water, failing to an ever rising body of water. She plunged her foot down into the icy water once more, already noticing the water was already past her ankles and her dress started to balloon around her.


She approached the overflowing painting and curiously touched the pouring water, her body shaking and the fear rising inside her like the water in the room. The water was ice to touch, and whatever she did, no matter how many times she tried to push the water back in the painting, it still kept pouring. Her hands went to her hair and she let out a bloodcurdling scream, one that echoed through the whole space of what was once her room. Panic alarms were going off in her head as the water kept rising and rising. The woman continued to scream, fearing for her life and the alarms that were crashing in her mind.

Her eyes must have been playing tricks on her for the seagulls in the painted started to move. They circled above the water before one escaped and immediately went to one of the dark chains that were holding the painting up. The woman screamed once more, backing away from the nightmare that was happening right before her eyes as that seagull broke one chain. She fell backwards, hands and plunged under the water, when the other white seagulls flew out of the painting and tried tugging the other chain. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw another white thing: a small paper boat floating on the water.

She felt the need to have it, to cling for it. It had a calling to her, a calling that told her that it was one thing that would keep her sane. She reached out for it, put in so much effort to extend her arm and grasp it, before she heard a mighty squawk.


One of the birds saw her and headed straight for her. She lifted her arms to shield her head and screamed as much as could manage. 

“Shh, it’s okay. Nothing’s going to hurt you.”

She screamed once more, thrashing and squirming. Her eyes were shut and she could feel water on her chest.

“Get that painting down! I told the doctor that it wasn’t going to help. Shh. It’s okay. It’s okay.”

The woman felt hands trying to hold her thrashing arms to her body, but she didn’t let it, she kept trying to break free. She wanted that paper boat.

She felt something prick her upper right arm and then her head started to feel heavy. Opening her eyes, she was met with a clean shaven face, brown eyes, and dark hair. She broke the eye contact and turned her head towards where the painting was. Figures in all white were taking it down, removing the painting from its location. The walls were white again. Everything was white again. The paper boat was gone.


The woman fought to keep her eyes open, but it was if there was a strong force trying to shut them. Her body started to feel numb and something slid down the side of her face. She reached up and touched her face. Her fingers felt something wet from both of her cheeks.

“Are you calm now? Yes? We’re sorry for putting you through this again.”

Again?

She followed a movement from the corner of her eyes and she saw this small empty tube with a sharp metal needle at the end. A syringe. 

Her breathing slowed and her vision blurred. The alarms were still there, though slowly fading and becoming a buzz in her ears.

“You should take a rest. We’ll try another tomorrow.”

She out.

Tomorrow? Yes, the test will start again tomorrow.
 

 

 

12. Wonderbunny |

Time is such a funny thing...
When you are having fun, time just flies by. But when you'd rather be doing anything else, time seems to stand still. For this particular young lady, time was absolutely frozen. She was trapped in a small white room, with nothing but a painting of and ocean, some birds, and the most beautiful sky she'd ever seen, for it was the only sky she had ever seen. There was no way to escape this dreaded little white room. She didn't know if it was day or night, morning or evening. The only thing to keep her sane was the painting. Oh, the hours she would spend just daydreaming about this faraway ocean, and how she would get to it. She would build up enough strength to tear apart this room into shreds. She would actually see the daylight that she had almost forgotten. Maybe, she would even go into the painting, she could find her way home, away from this dreaded.white.room.
As she woke up to what she thought was morning, she felt a small drop of water fall gently on her face. Then another, and another. It felt as if it were raining. She opened her eyes to see the painting was...leaking. Soon, a small but steady stream of water started to pour out. The small stream then turned into buckets and buckets of water pouring out on end. Before she knew it, she was swimming on a pool of water that came out of a painting! How magical the feeling was. The girl then saw a little sparkle come from the painting. She looked deep into it, and before she knew it, she was in the ocean. Not just any ocean, but the ocean in the painting! She was ecstatic. The exhilarating feeling of being anywhere else but that room was like no other. She saw then sun. The sky. She breathed in the fresh air that she had missed. She knew what she was going to go now. Home. But, where was she?
Weeks had passed and the girl was still stuck in the middle of the ocean, with no idea where she was. Weeks turned into months, and months soon turned into years.

And the same little girl was stuck in the same big ocean, with no way out. Oh, how this situation felt almost too familiar. The girl couldn't take it anymore, she burst into tears. How she so missed that dreaded little white room.

 

 

13. meeno24315 |

She tiptoes into the room, the waves of her hair brushing her bare shoulders. 
The painting still hangs in its spot, depicting a different story to its beholder.
The greens, the blues, the pale pink in the sky,
The encircling gulls dipping into the clouds, they fly.
She whispers, “Take me back home,” but there is no one to answer,
“Take me back home,” the words spread like a cancer.
Slowly, the chains rattle and the painting it falls,
The water and birds finally breaking through wall. 
With deft hands, she crafts a small boat, 
And pushes it off to send it afloat,
“Sail well, little ship, sail well back home,
Stay safe and stay strong e’en as the sea foam
Breaks your keel, breaks your tiller, breaks your rudder and stern,
You must never ever look back at me – You mustn’t turn.
Tell them of my love, the love I can’t tell, 
Because I can’t leave this place I must dwell. 
So do this little job for me, little ship, sail well back home,”
She pleads and cries as it pushes through sea foam. 
The moment is gone and the painting closes its walls, 
Chains rattling, waves crashing, gulls giving a last call;
With a heavy breath, the girl retreats out of the room, 
Clinging on to the fleeting salty perfume.
Through closed doors, the little ship makes its way
Because even though the girl is trapped outside in dark grays, 
Her heart is with the little ship as it sails, 
Her voice echoing through winds,
“I’m going home.”

 

14. MingiLovesGD | It's been years.

Every night I'd stare at this one painting before I went to sleep. It was the only piece of my mother I had left. After she died, my father got rid of everything that reminded him of her. 
Luckily, I kept this one painting. It was painted by my mother herself.

Tonight however, was my 18th birthday. The last one I'd celebrate with my father before he leaves me too.

I was in my dress, dark green, long, and elegant. Strapless, yet it had class.

Lots of people were in the house, walking around, giving me birthday wishes, chatting with one another. But it didn't feel right. Just like every other birthday.

It felt empty.

This was my third escape from the party. Just to look at the painting. It made me feel like my mother still existed. As if she was still here, celebrating my most important birthday with me.


I tried to casually go to my bedroom. I hid the painting behind the headboard, where no one ever looks.

I walked into my room, and climbed onto my bed, and peered behind the headboard. 

Odd…

The shine from the golden frame wasn't there, and the smell of watercolours wasn't as strong.

It was missing.

I jumped off my bed, and almost fell onto my face.
"Damn this dress," I muttered under my breath.

I hiked the dress up to my knees and started pacing around my room. 

It was really nerve wracking that the painting wasn't behind my headboard. My heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest.

I left my room, with my dress still hiked high, and walked down to the end of the hall.

The smell of watercolour got stronger the closer I got to the end of the hall. 
"That's weird, our house has next to no paintings."

That's when I saw it.

It was MY painting. The one I always kept behind my headboard. It was on the wall, hanging on gold chains.

I went closer, and took a deep breath. The familiar of paint and…. sea water?

I heard the pit-pat of water hitting the floor. Soon enough, I heard a waterfall. 

Looking down, my dress was soaked. My feet squished in their black pumps. And I heard creaking.

The painting started tilting, slightly at first, then it took a huge swing that scared the living daylights out of me.

"SQUACK"

I saw a bird, not any bird. But a seagull. It's feet were trapped in deep knots on the gold chain. The poor seagull tried to fly higher, only to be brought down by the weight of the painting and water.

 "You poor bird, let me help you," I touched the bird, wanting to untie the chain and set it free, when I saw something fall out of the painting.


I let go of the seagull, curious about what fell out. Looking down, it was a paper boat.

I bent down to pick it up, and the second I touched it, everything went pitch black. The silence was deafening.

I was completely alone.

 

 

 

15. -ByungKitty- | Unicorns.

 

 

16. dinojong555 |

I don't know how I got there, but I was suddenly running; I was running frantically through an endless maze. 
The walls of the maze were cement and filled with clouds and vast galaxies that seemed to beckon to me. The stars and clouds on the walls seemed so real, it was as if I was running on a cement road through a galaxy. But When I stopped to reach out and touch a cloud, my hand was stopped by grey cement as the cloud around my hand was replaced with a patch of cement. The cold cement seemed to bleed out from my warm hand. I stared at my hand in bewilderment, but I was quickly inturrupted by my urge to continue running.
I began running very quickly; my need to run through these halls was still a mystery to me. I tried to push myself and run even faster, but I tripped over my dress and landed flat on the palms of my hands and the side of my face. 
Ignoring the pain and swelling on my cheekbone, I quickly sat up and looked down at myself. This was the first time I noticed what I was wearing; I had a elegant silk deep-green colored dress on. 
The fear started rising in my chest. None of this made sense. How am I even here? Why am I wearing this georgous dress on? What is this place? 
I got up on my feet again and tried to run as fast as I could. At first I stumbled , but I stood up straight and ran for fear of my life in these confusing hallways.
After a few minutes of aimlessly running, the hall started getting narrower and narrower. The hall got so narrow that I had to turn and slide sideways. I soon saw an end to the hall where it appeared to lead to a room. I quickened my pase and had to go up on my tip-toes and squeeze up my body as much as I could to fit through the doorway. Finally, after much squeezing, I popped out of the doorway into the tiny room. 
I looked behind me and saw that the hallway I had just come from was gone, it was replaced by the same wall that enclosed the rest of the room and the hallways.

I reached out to grab one of the bright stars form the dark sky, but I was once again stopped by the cold cement. 
Frustrated with my failure, I turned around on my heel and was startled to be confronted with a large painting. Why didn't I notice the painting when I first entered this tiny room? 
It was a painting of the ocean with seagulls flying over the green crashing waves. The scene seemed so peaceful, like it was a place for rest; a ace to finally be at peace.
After staring at the wonderful painting for quite a while, it seemed to come alive. The waves started to move and I closed my eyes to take in the salty smell of the water. I could feel the breeze on my face. I opened my eyes in surprise when I felt cold water on my leg. I jumped back when I looked down and saw that the painting was spilling water out the bottom of the frame. I looked up and saw that a seagull had flown out of the painting and grabbed hold of one of the gold chains that held the painting up; it was moving the painting closer to me. 
I curiously stepped foreword and raised my left hand. I took another step toward the painting and cautiously reached my hand into the ocean scene beyond the gold frame. I watched as my left arm ventured into the painting; even more curious, I used my right arm to lift me up onto the frame.
I closed my eyes and fell into the green ocean. I sighed of relief as I let the cold water engulf me. 
The long dress I was wearing was now acting as a weight, not allowing me to reach the surface for air. I closed my eyes, trying not to panic as the burning in my chest rose. My eyes popped open when the burning in my chest became unbearable and I desperately looked up to the light of the sky beyond the surface of the water. 
I suddenly squeezed my eyes shut as I gave in and inhaled the water around me.

I felt pain bursting in my chest as I sputtered and twisted, gasping for oxygen, but my attempts were useless. 

I felt my body completely relax; I was no longer afraid.

 

 

17.CelineheartUKISS |  I wanted to run. Run from this Hell I'm living in. I wanted to get away from reality. Search for my dream. Being trapped in this place, I can't breathe. It's suffocating. I'm silently dying. I needed to find my missing piece. It's all I needed. It's all I yearn for. I'm going to find him. My missing piece. I remember clearly what ge had last whispered to me. "We'll meet again." And I know we will.

 

18. hikikomori | They always told her never to venture beyond the palace walls. They always told her never to speak ungratefully about her life, or where she lived. They always told her to always be thankful for the things that they did for her. They also told her never to enter the last room on the right.

But, she was so curious. She peered over her should with each silent step she took while she advanced towards the door. She had her teal dress held in her fists so it didn't rustle on the floor. She walked, quickly and quietly until she reached the forbidden door. 
The keys were taken from the spot in the front of her dress where she tucked them earlier. The correct key was placed into the lock and turned to the left, leaving a satisfying click. She took the key out of the hole and tucked it back into the front of her dress. After peering down the hallway once more, she put her hand on the handle and twisted it.
She pushed open the door and stepped inside. She didn't look at what the room held until she was inside and the door was closed behind her. 
Then she looked up.
Instead of seeing rows of treasures and brilliat clothing like she expected, she was faced with a small cement room with a single painting. 
She advanced on the painting and looked at it carefully. It was just an ordinary painting of the ocean, hanging on a gold chain. She stood right in front of it and placed her hand on the blue-green painted water.
"Why is this picture so special?" she whispered to herself. But it seemed as if the painting heard her.
Her nose filled with the scent of salt. Her ears filled with the sound of crashing waves and seagulls talking. Her bare feet were surrounded by something cool. She looked down and tok a step back. The floor was full of water. 
She looked up at the painting again and noticed the sea coming out of it. She gasped and took another step back. She was about to rush for the door when a seagull flew out.

She froze and looked up at it. It flew up and unhooked one side of the chain and moved it forward, making the painting slant viciously.

"What are you doing, bird?" she asked it. She could've sworn it smiled at her when it brought the painting over to her, and dropped it.

 

 

19. summerswirlies | Solitude. Trapped. Freedom. She wanted the third and most important thing, to get out from her prison of emptiness and to bask in the sun, at a beach filled with seagulls. Little did she know, that her wish would come true. Little did she know, a seagull who has been watching her the whole time felt pity to the young lady. Little did she know, she was going to be free.

 

 

20. StopSign | What comes to mind is a story of a sheltered girl, like a princess or something lol. She has a painting of the beach in her room because she's infatuated by the freedom and openness it represents. One night she falls asleep and has a dream that her painting is actually a portal to the one place she wants to go.

 

21. p-eterpan 

The bird with the chain is a sign of locked up.
The painting with the water overflowing means freedom.
The girl in the green gown is confused just like the tiny paper boat going nowhere with so many are to go. She is locking something inside her and wants it to let go yet she doesn't want to.
The dark clouds and the galaxy represents her because both objects are large and there's..........

 

  • 22. sehunist |  Soul-less, breathless, cold. She turned away from the world she knew and face her faith. The fact that she was no longer human, killed her. She dove into the black ocean and entered the painting of a nice blue ocean and beautiful birds soaring in the light blue morning sky. In fact this was better. Even better than the cruel world she lived in before she became a monster. Her skin turned green and her hands hairy, she became taller and even outgrew her dress. Ogre. "Fiona! Fiona! How do I do this?" a big green ogre the opposite of her approached her with a green baby in hand. "He pooped. Mom's are supposed to do that. Here." Shrek handed her the baby and ran off with a thud in every step.

23. (i've carelessly missed this entry so PM me if you vote for this one)

    Moony_Kathttp://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/512156