We are going to be papas!

Silence before the Storm

Chapter one

We are going to be papas!

 

[A/N: I decided to make “Super Junior” -with additional OC members- the enemy-gang in this story (there might be more)]

 

“Young master,” a servant of JaeJoong’s parental mansion greeted with  a bow as he stepped aside to let him in. “It’s been a while. Master Kim has been awaiting your arrival.”

Nodding at the man in acknowledgement, JaeJoong walked straight to his father's study room. He knew what this was about and he wanted to get it over with as soon as he could.

As JaeJoong reached the room he carelessly kicked open the door and walked in, not asking for permission first.

His father raised from his seat in an instant, “have I not taught you to knock before entering?!”

“Have I not told you I hate doing that?” JaeJoong plopped into the nearest chair, put his feet on the coffee table in front of him and ran a hand through his mussed hair.

“It’s not about you liking it or not but about the person you walk on in.”

“If the person is expecting me already, I don’t see a point in it.”

“Mannerism!”

“Annoyance.”

“Your attitude toward life is lacking. Look, you didn’t even take off your shoes!”

“I like satisfying my own needs before anything else.”

“Satisfying your own needs before anything else, huh?” His father sat down in the chair across of him. “Is that why there are rumors going on about you impregnating a girl?!”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” JaeJoong avoided eye-contact.

“You can hide it now, but do you really think I will never find out?”

“Even if you do what then? Are you gonna lock me up? Beat me? Disown me?”

“I won’t do any of those. Because all this,” he gestured at the house, “I worked day and night to make all this for you.”

“I never asked for anything from you.”

“No, it was my wish to give you things I didn’t have... I think I gave you too much.” Mr. Kim sighed. “But let me tell you this if you keep putting your own needs before anything else, you won’t be able to raise this kid. Have you seen the way you look? Do you have a job to support this child? Everyone needs motivation, a goal, in life to succeed. You were mine, but what is yours?”

JaeJoong fell silent. He’s had similar arguments with his father in the past all the time but he had never asked him anything so direct. What was his goal in life? Till now he had aimlessly, carelessly, wandered through life, making many dangerous enemies...but what was he trying to reach?

He had also coolly stated he’d raise the child, but what did he know about babies except that they were tiny and wore diapers?

Kim JaeJoong, better known as Hero, looked at his reflection in the silverware on the coffee table. He saw a  twenty-one year old young man with an appearance even girls would be jealous of. Strands of short pitch black hair with red highlights fell on his forehead and reached to the back of his neck. His mysterious, secrecy-filled dark eyes were in contrast with his smooth peachy white skin and a silver ear cuff added extra flair to his already stylish look.

JaeJoong admitted, that is not how a dad, a role-model, was supposed to look. He also didn’t have an ...honest way to earn money and he didn’t want to raise his child using the dirty money he snatched off people. 

Lowering his gaze in unspoken shame, JaeJoong removed his feet from the table and sat right up. “I’ll find something...”

“Let me help y-,”

“Without anyone’s help.” He excited the room leaving his father alone again.

~~*~~

“GET THEM!!!”

“You’re too slow!” JunSu laughed at the gangsters from the enemy gang chasing him and YooChun. “You’re a disgrace. How can you disappoint your leader Leeteuk like that?”

“Shut it, Xiah!” The one in charge of the group, Kwan, shouted. “If I get my hands on you I’ll squeeze you like a pimple!”

“Ew! You squeeze your pimples? You’re such a pig man!” JunSu teased running around the corner. “Is that why your face looks like that?”

YooChun chuckled as he jumped over a few garbage bins, “maybe it’s ual frustration.”

“With a face like that no one probably dares to approach him.” JunSu reasoned.

“BASTARDS!!!” Kwan growled in anger and fastened his steps. “You’re freaking dead!”

JunSu frowned, “isn’t that what you always say Kwan?”

“This time I mean it!”

“He always says that too.” YooChun informed.

“Why are you guys so slow?!” Kwan yelled at his gang-members pushing them to run harder. “They’re getting away!!!”

“We’re tired,” the guys responded slowing down even more till they finally came to a halt. “We had to chase around U-Know earlier too.” One of the guys desperately gasped for air.

“Did you get him then?”

“...no.”

“USELESS!!!” Kwan roared and kicked a cardboard box out of his way to release some tension.

~~*~~

JunSu and YooChun looked around carefully before deciding to pause for a while too, when they noticed they weren’t being chased anymore. JunSu sat down on the ground while YooChun leaned against a wall, both taking some time to catch their breath before bursting out laughing.

“They’re getting faster.” YooChun commented smoothing a dark brown strand of stray hairs. “So troublesome.”

Even though Park YooChun was a strong fighter he had never really cared for fighting and would look for every opportunity to get away from it. It’s unusual, but YooChun had ended up in the gang by coincidence. He smiled at the thoughts.

He had been the last member who had joined and it had been quite some time ago too. About eight or nine years? He had been flirting with some older ladies from the neighborhood and had been showing off his money when ChangMin and JunSu had attacked him. They had threatened him to hand them the money otherwise they’d beat him senseless. YooChun’s lack of interest in fighting had caused him to surrender and hand the money over. Not having any friends on his own and wondering why such young kids needed to steal YooChun had followed them and discovered their hide-out. When the four boys took notice they did their best to beat him, but that was when YooChun proved his strength and was invited to join

As years passed he had grown into a man who liked spending his time courting girls. The heart-breaker’s seductive figure stood tall and he appeared to be gentle and charming while reality he was much more childish and even devilish when he had to be. Because gangsters hardly use their real names, his gang members had renamed him Micky. A name that sounded too cute for YooChun’s liking, but he never complained about it because it was bothersome.

“At least we got away.” JunSu breathed, tilting his head back as the wind caressed his face. “I have a feeling Kwan will be prepared next time. We better stay alert.”

Kim JunSu’s mussed up and choppy jet black hair blew in the wind and he turned his dark brown eyes to gaze out toward the skies. JunSu loved the clouds. On a quiet day he would always sit near the window trying to make shapes out of it. JunSu had a very loud and outgoing personality, but he enjoyed silence just as much.

Unlike YooChun, JunSu had a great love for fight sports, especially martial arts. He didn’t know when and why he had started to become interested in such sports, but he guessed it was because he wanted to protect what was dear to him. It’s a shame he hadn’t been able to do that in the past...

“Yah, Xiah,” YooChun brought him out of his reverie. “Let’s get moving. Hero-hyung should be back by now.”

JunSu stood up and dusted his pants off. “Yeah, let’s go before he gets mad.”

~~*~~

Jung YunHo, going through his gangster life as U-Know, warily observed his surroundings before he quickly walked from one shaded area to another. His face was blank, like it was most of the time, and dark brown eyes were focused on the door he was trying to near without being seen.

It was now or never.

Sprinting to the door, he hurriedly dropped a little money bag in front of the wooden door and disappeared again after knocking.

“Coming!” The man replied and opened the door soon after, but found nothing more than a well-filled bag. He wasn’t surprised to see the bag’s content because now and then someone would always leave him a sum of money to take care of the orphanage.

Happy to see his caretaker again YunHo grinned to himself before he jumped over the wall and made his way home.

YunHo had been an orphan after his mother had died due cancer. He had been raised in that orphanage and knowing how hard they had it in there he would leave them money once in a  while.

The twenty year old male was a quiet person and liked keeping his feelings and thoughts to himself. He looked very tough and had a hard appearance but in private he could be very playful with his brothers in the gang.

YunHo pulled off his hoodie when he approached his house and walked up the stairs revealing his very outstanding dark-blond, almost brown, hair that had a tousled aspect to it.

When he entered the house he saw YooChun and JunSu roll over the floor, wrestling. Both of them stopped and looked up at YunHo.

“Welcome back, hyung!” JunSu cried as the two of them let go of each other.

“Thanks,” Yunho threw his scarf on the couch next to ChangMin and looked around, “where’s Hero-hyung?”

“Taking a shower,” ChangMin looked up from his book. “I’ll get him, I have to go upstairs anyway.”

“Okay,” YunHo sat down in ChangMin’s previous seat, “thanks.”

~~*~~

ChangMin knocked on JaeJoong’s door but no response came. He soundlessly opened the door and peeked in, “hyung?”

ChangMin entirely opened the door and the lights and to his surprise JaeJoong’s stuff was scattered on the floor.

“He was probably in a bad mood.” ChangMin picked a few random things up and placed them on the bed. He scanned the room with a smile, he had always liked JaeJoong’s room. The room screamed ‘tough guy’ but it also had pictures of the five of them on the walls, which fit his personality very well. JaeJoong was hard to befriend, but once you entered his heart he’d never let you out again.

ChangMin smiled looking at a goofy picture of them when they were still kids. He looked so shy on the picture. He had been the shortest and now he’s the longest.

Nowadays people recognized Shim ChangMin as Max. He was the youngest of the five with a boyish face and his doe eyes only made him look younger. He had short reddish-brown hair that fell about his head in layers and a beige complexion.

In his eighteen years he had never really fought in a proper gang fight like his hyungs and that’s what he had been aiming for all his life as a gangster. ChangMin was extremely intelligent and logic worked better for him than emotions. He always felt very awkward when people started talking about their feelings or asked how he felt for that matter.

He was raised in a single parents family by his mother and was bullied a lot in elementary school. Not being able to talk about his feelings ChangMin had kept everything to himself. He had decided to never enroll in a high school, but his decision had changed when JaeJoong had told him to finish his school because there was no place for scum in this world and thus they had to create one on their own.

“Max?” JaeJoong asked dressed in nothing but a pair of jogging trousers. A towel hang loosely on his broad shoulders.

“Ah, hyung,” ChangMin turned to look at him. “Everyone’s gathered downstairs. You said you had something to tell us yesterday.”

“Oh,” JaeJoong pulled the towel off his shoulders and rubbed his hair with it. “That’s right.”

~~*~~

Everyone stared at JaeJoong full with anticipation.

Usually when they had gatherings like these it meant they were going to attack an enemy gang or switching from hide-outs or something like that.

“I’m having a baby.”

The guys in front of JaeJoong didn’t budge a muscle, still eagerly waiting for his news. There was such a silence that you could even hear a drop of water hit the ground. When no other words left JaeJoong’s mouth his four friends looked at each other, puzzled.

“What does that mean?” JunSu furrowed his brow. “Is that some new kind of code?”

“A riddle?” YooChun raised his brows.

ChangMin put his index finger on his chin, thinking hard. “Doesn’t make sense...”

“I pass...” YunHo yawned. If ChangMin didn’t know, then he had no chance.

“No, no, no!” JaeJoong sighed. This was harder than he had thought it would be. “I’m having a kid.”

“Why? What’s that?” JunSu shrugged it off. He didn’t get this game. “Give us more hints.”

JaeJoong stared dumbfounded at the bunch in front of him. They were serious, they had no clue what he was saying. “I’m going to be father...”

YunHo cringed, “you mean like the mafia? I don’t like that.”

“Or maybe Darth Father! He’s effing cool!” JunSu cried and everyone agreed.

“GUYS! Focus.” JaeJoong yelled started to get frustrated. He had never shared any information with them he thought they wouldn’t be happy to hear. How would they react when they finally understood what he was trying to say?

Would they kick him out of the gang? That’s unacceptable though...

“I’m going to be a dad. Like a parent of a kid. I made a girl pregnant!!!”

Silent fell again, just this time everyone understood what was going on effortlessly.

“You WHAT?!” Cried the one after the other.

“A kid? What are we gonna do with a kid?” JunSu threw his hands up. “Are we keeping it? It might be fun on second thought.”

“We could use the study room as his room, no one studies anyway.” YunHo suggested.

YooChun clapped. “We’re going to be papas!”

I am going to be a dad.” JaeJoong feigned annoyance although deep down he was happy for them being so supportive.

Maybe raising a kid wouldn’t be so hard after all.

 

[A/N: Thanks for reading]