Conflict

This is War

 

"WHAT?!" Daehyun slammed his fist down onto the manager's desk, anger radiating off him. He was pissed.
 
Shimin stood in the corner of the small room, twiddling her thumbs. "She can't sing! I'm not doing a duet with her on her debut stage! She'll embarrass us both!" Geez, what ever happened to him being all nice to her? He's gone back to hating her so quickly.
 
The manager kept quiet until Daehyun was done ranting. Then he stood up, and began his lecture. "Daehyun, we are pairing you two up because you have a beautiful voice, and she has great potential to be a great singer. You think we would make her a solo artist if she couldn't sing?" He didn't even let Daehyun respond, because he continued to speak. "You need to train her a little more, that's all. And then, bam! You two will be singing a love song together."
 
Shimin's eyes widened. "Love song?!" Daehyun cried out. "Why is it a love song?!" The manager's eyebrow twitched as Daehyun continued to be bull-headed. The manager sighed, and rubbed his bald head with his chubby hands. "Daehyun, listen, let's just say it's kind of a sequel to your song Secret Love. Plus, we will be making your 'Power' comeback first, and right after, Shimin will debut. I know it seems rushed, but please, just go along with it."
 
Daehyun sighed, and let his shoulders sag in defeat. What more was there to even be said? He turned to Shimin, and threw her a nasty glare. "I expect to see you in the recording studio every morning at eight thirty sharp for your vocal training. Don't be late," and without another word, Daehyun brushed past her, and left the room as if he had never been there, only an empty space to hold his spot.
 
The manager let out a small, strained laugh. "Good luck Shimin. I will be checking in with Daehyun on your vocal progress and the other members of B.A.P as well. Please don't disappoint me." 
 
Shimin gave the man a ninety degree bow, and left the room.
 
"Geez.... I guess Daehyun really does hate me," she muttered. Yongguk happened to be coming down the hallway the Shimin was standing in. 
 
A gummy smile spread across his face when he saw her. "Hey Shimin!" Disrupting Shimin's thoughts of Daehyun's spite towards her, she sweetly smiled and politely bowed to him. "Hello Yongguk-nim!" 
 
"What are you doing here?"
 
"Oh, just had a chat with manager oppa about future plans."
 
Hearing this, Yongguk let out a tiny strained laugh that came out like a squeak. "So he finally told you about promotions with Daehyun, did he?" Shimin furrowed her eyebrows and pouted. "You knew? Ah well, it doesn't matter. Daehyun hates me anyways." 
 
Yongguk sighed, and patted her shoulder. "Don't worry. He doesn't hate you. Come on, I was about to meet up with Zelo and Jongup at the café in town." Shimin smiled, and bowed once again. "Thanks Yongguk-nim."
 
"Now, let's head back to your dorm so you can change."
 
"Why do I need to change?"
 
"Your shorts are way too short. I can practically see the bottom of your buttcheek. And your thighs are kinda tempting. Too much exposure of the thighs. Dirty old men could prey on you, and be all like 'Oh, I'd tap that', or 'Mmmm, tender thighs for a hungry man!'And that top! It's showing too much of your shoulder! You're even showing your bra strap?! What is this black magic I see?!" Yongguk pretended to shield his eyes from the "evil being" standing before him.
 
"The fact that you thought of all that scares me, Yongguk-nim."
 
"Nonsense! I'm saving you from all the evil men out there. So come on, let's go get you changed. And not to be rude or anything, but your hair... It needs fixing." He grabbed her wrist, ignoring the scowl she threw at him. In his silly English, Yongguk pulled her along, and yelled out "Leggo do this!"
 
'What a dork,' Shimin thought with a small smile.