War Ended; SO FAST?!

This is War


Daehyun sat alone on the roof. He wondered if declaring war on Shimin was a good idea. He knew they were only just starting, but he wondered if it made any sense to fight with her.

Maybe he hated her because she was taking his friends away so easily. Or, maybe it was because she reminded him of his old passion for photography. Maybe it was even because she was so bold.

She acted like she knew everything about him. She was constantly looking into his eyes as if she knew every little detail about him. But he could tell that she meant well. But that still didn't change anything.

"Daehyun?" a soft voice spoke out behind him.

Daehyun slowly turned around to meet the gaze of Shimin. She was standing a few feet behind him, stiffly. She was wearing a spaghetti-strap tank top tucked neatly inside some sweat pants. She looked pretty vulnerable.

Daehyun scanned over Shimin's figure before looking back into her warm eyes with his own hard ones.

"What do you want?" he asked harshly. Shimin looked down, and walked up to him. She crawled up on the ledge, and sat next to him. Daehyun sighed, and said a small apology under his breath.

"It's okay. I've learned to forgive easily. I'm always open to everyone. Even to someone who may hate me." She chuckled at herself, and took a deep breath.

Daehyun looked forward as well, and gently swung his feet. "You know, Youngjae lost his mother when he was young. You remind him of her alot, Shimin. You're like the sister Zelo never had. The daughter Yongguk looks forward to having. Himchan's first 'weird' crush. Jongup's first good friend who's a girl..." Daehyun trailed off for a moment. What was Shimin to him?

"And to you, I'm like the psychiatrist you never wanted. I dig up your hard memories, and see if there is anything I can fix bu-"

"But you can't," Daehyun cut in. He looked over at Shimin, and she looked back at him. They both knew that she had won the war.

Daehyun blinked a couple of times, and kept looking into her eyes. She smiled at him, and giggled softly. "You could have been an 'ulzzang' like Himchan." Daehyun couldn't help but smile too.

Shimin leaned forward, and kissed Daehyun's cheek, sending a wave of heat through his system. "Sh- Shimin..."

She smiled, and slowly scooted off the ledge. "Goodnight, Daehyun. Oh, and, that kiss meant nothing more than you and I being friends." She giggled, and Daehyun smirked at her.

Daehyun scooted off the ledge, and walked over to Shimin. He took off his jacket, revealing his premature muscles. He his lips, and placed the jacket on Shimin's shoulders. He smiled softly at her, and she smiled back.

Shimin gave Daehyun a big hug. He gently hugged her back. When she let go, Shimin stuck her tongue out at him. "Goodnight," she said, turning around. Daehyun watched her climb back into her window, and sighed happily.

Shimin: Victory.
Daehyun: Defeat