A LITTLE TOO MUCH BROKEN INSIDE...

CHOICES of LOVE.

 

I walked by the picture frame to my washroom. After having a hearty breakfast made by my maid Mrs. Lee, I practically ran to my car. There was so much I wanted to know. Just as I reached my door I realized that if my guardian angel had dropped me home last night my car is probably still in the club’s parking. Even though I just woke up I still felt tired and yelled for my maid from the door to bring the spare car’s keys. Having had practically raised me,she knew when I was in no mood for nonsense and today it was evident in my voice. Mrs. Lee handed me the keys and promptly started to walk outside to the parking along with me.

 

“Mrs. Lee, where are you going?” I asked her with a little bit of heat in my voice hoping she noticed it and stopped doing what ever she planed on doing.

 

“Nothing sweetie… just needed to go shopping for fresh vegetables. I wasthinking maybe we both can go together. You know, how I have backaches if I carry too much load so I thought since my sweetdaughter is going out she might be able to drop me off and then pick me up. Of course, that will only happen if you are not too busy to help poor old Mrs. Lee out. So, are you-- too busy?” she both answered and questioned me while giving me her best puppy dog eyes.

I finally released the breath that I had been holding unknowingly as a small feminine huff and answered her blandly, “Fine I will take you but you have to promise to be very fast about it because I have a very importantwork to do after I drop back you back home.”

 

Half an hour later…

 

“I can’t believe that vendor actually took $5 for just three green capsicums. It’s an outrage. How could you even pay him for it? Why didn’t you listen to me when I told you to leave the shopping to me?” screamed Mrs. Lee while she swung a carrot across my face.

 

“It’s fine Mrs. Lee. I paid for it and the capsicums looked good and fresh so I guess $5 for it wasn’t so high,” I answered tactically hoping she would leave the topic alone and focus on something else right now. Mrs. Lee had always been like family to me and dad; hence, was allowed a lot of things normally other butlers would be fired for doing or saying. Her thinking everything was too expensive was absolutely normal and so was her belief that I was not ready to step into the big bad world of everyday life. Working for the entertainment section of a pronounced newspaper for the past five years apparently didn’t pronounce me capable enough for the world or its monotonous grey life.

 

“Ok, whatever you say-- but I still think it was too much. Plus, you shouldn’t be wasting your money on over-expensive vegetables you should be saving it for your future. I don’t know about you young people but I think saving money for your wedding and kids is much more important. What about that boyfriend of yours does he waste as much money like you?” she said with a grating voice.

 

“Mrs. Lee could you just let it be.I just don’t want to talk right now,” I said silencing the old lady for the rest of the drive home. Never before,was I ever so annoyed with Mrs. Lee but I guess when you have so much in mind anything can happen.

 

Ending the half hour journey in fifteen minutes, I reached home to be surprised by the presence of my Audi in our drive-way. There it was, my beautiful, sleek black 2010 Audi in all its glory. Shifting gears and finally turning the spare car off I reached my car to notice the beautiful bouquet of yellow roses on top on it. As, I reached the car there was a small card in the bouquet along with an extra keys. How did he even manage to get the keys? Did he get new ones done? Someone clearly dropped it off and even angled if enough for other cars to enter and leave the drive easily.

 

In impossibly small and messy handwriting my well-wisher wrote 

Beautiful flowers for the beautiful lady’— Sorry, I know it’s a very common pick-up line but it always works for me.

 

Smiling, I first picked up the bouquet and smelled the flowers and then I picked upthe keys to place them in my blue handbag. My huge bag was like a treasure box to all my little cousins, filling them with glee as every small hunt bought them something new. It was also my very special place ‘a small home’ as my friends often called. Containing everything I could possibly need or even want. Today, when I opened my bag the first thing that came across was the beautiful crystal pocket mirror and comb my brothers had given me on my sixteenth birthday. Where were they when I needed them the most?Then I noticed the small nearly crumpled picture of me with my ‘fiancée’at the corner of my bag. So much has changed with in a mere twenty four hours and all it took was a single truth.

 

“Sweetheart, are you ok? You look kind of sick. Do you want to sit down?” concerned Mrs. Lee asked me.

 

“No I am fine I have to go somewhere now. Do you want me to carry your bags for you?” I said changing the topic from me. I knew I probably look bad but that was nothing compared to the pain inside me.

 

“No I am fine. Josh can carry my bags inside. Plus, it’s high time he doessomething more then just cook for you, me and your daddy. Don’t you think so?” said Mrs. Lee said as she laughed on her own joke. Laughing had become more like a chore to me now and all this for a man who barely cared.

 

 


 

 

Mrs. Lee’s point of view ~

 

I walked towards the home already guessing that today she won’t be giving me the answer she would normally give. How could she? Today was not a normal day to begin with. First, I wake up to noises in the kitchen. When I went to investigate I found my long-time boss Mr. Kim in the kitchen trying to makewhat looked like lime juice. For a man who has never in his entire life walked into his kitchen,it was pretty strange. I had been in this particular household for the past thirty years and Mr. Kim had never done anything so… different.

 

As I walked up to him that morning I said “Mr. Kim are you ok? Did something happen? Was Sookie sick last night?” I asked my boss, who was less my boss and more like a brother to me. I knew only his daughter was capable of making him do something like this. Ever since Mrs. Kim died, Mr. Kim would only come into the kitchen when Sookie was sick. Worried to my stomach I did the only thing I could think off I snatched the lime from his hand and peeled it so that I could extract the juices from it.

 

Slowly smiling to himself Mr. Kim said “And good morning to you too Sohi. Did you sleep well? And as for your questions- no I am just fine but I don’t think I could say the same thing for Sookie.” Alarmed about Ae Sook I looked up when he stopped for a while to release a sighed and continued in a monotonous tone “she can back home drunk last night. The boy who dropped her off told me that she nearly drank three bottles to wine along with some shots.Can you believe that myAe Sook would do something like that? I had to make the boy carry her to her room. I was so worried about her last night when she left the party early but didn’t come back home. The boy brought her home at two o’clock. I am so worried about her I don’t know what to do. Can you imagine what could have happened? That boy could have easily been a or worse he could have been a murderer. I think I am going to wake that girl up and give her a piece of my mind and ask her what could possible have gone wrong for her to be back so late at night and that to drunk?” said Kim Min Su angrily as he pored water in the glass which was filled with lime juices now.

 

“Mr. Kim do your think scolding her would solve the problem. You said so you’re self that Ae Sook never does things like this--- so why last night? May be you should try talking to her first.” I said trying to judge Mr. Kim’s reaction to the suggestion.

 

“Ok, I will but you try talking to her too. Who knows,she might even open up to you” with that said Mr. Kim left for Ae Sook’s room.

 

One hour later, Mr. Kim had already left for work and Ae Sook came down for breakfast after which I tactfully asked her to take me shopping hoping to get a one on one time with her. I knew the girl since she was in her diapers and had been taking care of her since her mother died. Ae Sook was not the sort of girl to hide her emotions from anyone but still here she was hiding her eyes from me and possibly hoping I never notice how sad my sweet girl is.

 

There is nothing I can do about it. I haven’t felt so helpless in the past thirty years. Even then when my husband was dying, I knew what was wrong with him and had the Kim family’s support. Now, here I am looking at Sookie knowing that expression on her face. It showed clearly like there was something a little too much broken inside her; but why?

 


 

Another update~ hope you guys like it....oooo my mysterious guy wrote a cheezy line...and the poor girl she is soooo upset. OK.ENOUGH. I an sorry I am spamming over my own writing but I am a total er for compliment even if it is to me from myself. kekeke~~~

plz comment ans subscribe....thank you.