The hearts of Noonas

good night after all

 

When the K Pop Star special stage show was over, 2ne1 girls and Gummy met Ji and Seunghyun in one of the lounge area before going home. After teasing over Sajangnim’s appearance and milky white skin, Chaerin just can’t contain her laughter while talking it over with Jiyong. Thankfully Sajangnim wasn’t there because he had to discuss something with the other juries.

“By the way, Oppa,” said Chaerin to Ji,” Is it okay if one of us fetch along with you guys going back to YG building? There are five of us with Gummy unnie now, and there are only two of you guys on the other van, so...”

Seunghyun over heard this while he was talking with Gummy noona and Minzy about the performance. And blessed Ji for being an angel, “Of course, can we have Bom noona with us? I wonder about what she thought about how we did it today with Jimin.”

“Sure! I was also about to suggest the same thing!” said Chaerin, happy with her synchronized thoughts with Jiyong. But Bommie wasn’t happy about it.

“Hey, you wanna throw me out just like that? How could you, Chaerin-a...” she said playfully while clinging to Chaerin’s shoulder.

“It’s okay Unnie, we will have to take Gummy unnie home first, and then we’ll meet you home, okay?” Chaerin was looking so casual about all this, but Bom glanced a bit to Seunghyun to see how his eyes sparkled in an almost obvious way while listening over their conversation.

She looked back at him and tried to look vicious like trying to say, “Don’t even think about it” but strangely the effect causes Seunghyun’s to chuckled instead of terrified, “No, nothing, I just remembered about something, Noona” he said while Gummy asked him what’s wrong.

And so it’s set, Chaerin, Dara, Minzy and Gummy took the first van and followed by another fan where Ji mischievously sort of run to the front seat leaving Bom with no option but to seat in the middle seats together with Seunghyun. He opened up the door for her, and let her to enter the van first then set himself on the other seat. Ji turned the music on and started to hum a bit loudly on the front seat, stealing a glimpse over the two awkward people sitting in the back. He smiled.

After a long pause.

“Noona, I think your medicine for Jimin was really helpful for her. I mean, not just technically helpful, but she was even more confident for the fact that you were supporting her like that...”  

She broke her silence too, “Well, I sure do hope she’ll do well... It’s not easy, what she’s doing for such a young age. And if she’s successful, it’s her hard work, you know. I won’t help much if she doesn’t have the strength from herself...”

Seunghyun smiled over her, still amazed by all the little things that she does. She might be a top star, but she’s also a cute humble young girl in her heart. She might be rocking Beyonce on stage, but off, she can be such a caring noona or unnie.

“Oh by the way, Seunghyun-a!” she suddenly remembered about something, “I’m about to be a mother!” she said happily to him. Didn’t realize how that sentence almost brought him ill faced and pale.

“You... you what?” and putting two plus two as four, “P-pregnant? How come?”

“What? Pregnant?” she looked at him back feeling confused, “Oh, stupid me,” she tapped her own forehead, “I mean, I’m adopting a new puppy... the mom has almost give birth, maybe around next week, and after that I can adopt one of the puppy! This is going to be fun! Another friend for Minzy’s puppy! Gonna scared the hell out of Dara, for sure...”

But Seunghyun was still calming over his sudden heart beat rate going up. “Noona, don’t say it like that.... please...”

“Hahaha... I’m sorry! That shocked you a lot?” he looked at her back, like telling her, of course, how can I stay calm of the idea that you got pregnant. Which implies . With another guy. She took a hold of his arm, “I just got over excited, sorry... hehehe”. He cleared his throat.

“So, Seunghyun-a, pick a name.” She said.

“Me-what?”

“Ya, pick a name, for the dog. You go choose one for me. “she said while smiling at him.

“You want me to name it for you?”

“Why not?”

“Why me?”

“What’s with making this more complicated than it actually is? Just pick a name!” she said, almost frustrated. Sometimes to deal with this kid is just... driving her nerves into a brink of frustration.

He paused, thinking, then smiled, “Hmm, then give him or her the name of... Summer?”

“Hm, Summer? Quite nice. How did you got the idea?”

“You” he said, with his face pointing at her, flustered her by the joyous smile he got when telling her, “Lady Spring with her new born baby, Summer. Doesn’t it sound nice?”

“Hm, it is. I guess, it’s a pretty name.”

“Spring’s also a pretty name,” and added with a lower voice, “Just like the owner of the name.”

And Bom cringed with that lousy cheesy pick up line, hitting his arm hard and caused him to burst into laughter. Seunghyun knows that he can be good and highly successful when he has to conquer the hearts of Noonas. But, he thought many times, that there’s only one Noona he actually wanted to conquer.

The trip back home was filled with so much laughter, “The vitamins from your Mom, where did she buy them? Quite good, gonna buy some more,” “Oh I can tell her to send you some more...” “Don’t, it’s too much of her being so kind like that.” “I told you Noona, she loves to do it... let her do it, okay?” “But I can’t ask her to send it like every few months, like that! It’s better if I can buy them by myself!” and the endless argument filled in the back seat.

Ji smiled, while tuning down his voice, took a small peek of the two fighting joyfully like that. These two can go on forever, and he can brag someday to all the others or even on national TV, that he helped them to make their way together. Clever Ji, he thought to himself.