A Different Kind Of Love

A Different Kind of Love.

Chapter 6


“Gwiboon and Taemin you can have the guest room. Onew you can sleep on the couch.” Junghee got Onew some blankets and a pillow and handed them to Taemin. “Here, Taemin help Onew. Gwiboon, can I talk to you please?”

They walk to Junghee’s room. “Are you ok?””

“I’m fine. I don’t know what came over me. I just felt I had to do it for Taemin and Onew too. And I had to do it for little Gwiboon and little Junghee. If he does love us he will accepts us. I will have to go over there in the morning and talk to him. I will explain things more clearly to him. That I love him and I want to stay a family. I’m not going anywhere. I just had to get us all out of there before things got more out of hand. Thank you for being supportive.”

“Of course, I will always be there for you.” They hugged. “I’ve missed you. It just hurts to see Minho react that way.”

“It hurts a lot. Just thinking about it and replaying it in my head is making my hands shake. And poor Taemin must be feeling so much right now and replayingit in his mind too, and Onew having to witness all this. I have to check on Taemin, see if he wants to talk about what just happened.” Gwiboon said.

…..

When his mom left the room to talk to Junghee, he slumped down on the couch as if it were the end of the world. “Onew this is horrible. My dad is going to leave us now, I just know it. He is just like your parents. This must be what you felt like.” He cried quietly, his hot tears rolling slowly down his cheeks when he blinked.

Onew sat down next to him. “It’s ok. And Junghee says it gets better. And your mom and I won’t leave you. And we made a new friend today in your mom’s ex-girlfriend. We are going to be ok.” Trying to be strong for Taemin, but inside he was just as uncertain. “We might be just preteens but I will try to protect you better in the future. Sorry I couldn’t have done more.” He hugged his boyfriend. And a few moments later Taemin’s mother returned to the living room.

“Ok kids it’s time for bed. Good night Onew. Sorry again for what happened in the parking lot. Tomorrow is a new day so let’s not worry about things we can’t change and look forward to things getting better.”

The boys said good night.

Gwiboon and Taemin get to their room and were getting ready for bed. “Mom, so if dad leaves us are you going to get back together with Junghee?”

“What?” Sort of startled by the question.

“Well, if you’re gay that means you still love her right?”

“It’s complicated honey. Yes I still love your father. But Junghee was my first love.”

“Do you still love her?”

“I am not going to lie. No more hiding things… I still have feelings for her this is true. But she and I talked about it and we aren’t going to start dating or anything because I’m married to dad. I am not going to cheat on dad. I meant it Taemin I want us to stay a family; I am not going to throw this away. I just have to find out if dad is going to throw it all away. I’ll go to the hotel in the morning and you boys can stay here with Junghee until I come back and hopefully I will come back with dad.”

“You love him differently though don’t you?”

“Taemin please let’s get some sleep. “

“I won’t be mad mom.”

“I will fight to get dad back for you tomorrow. Good night. I love you.” When Taemin’s brain finally settled down he fell into a deep sleep. And Gwiboon looked over at her son and answered his question in a whisper “yes.” She cried for a while and walked into Junghee’s room unable to fall asleep herself.

“Are you awake?” She whispered.

Junghee was wide wake as well; she answered “Yeah can’t sleep. Afraid I’m going to have bad dreams. And I keep thinking of you.”

“Yeah me too. Can I lay with you for a while?”

“I don’t know if you should. This is very hard for me Gwiboon. Because I love you with all my heart all over again.” But her actions contradicted her words for she lifted up the blanket and let her crawl in.

“Again I want to say I’m sorry. But I need you to hold me for awhile like you use to. I know it’s asking a lot but it’s only for a bit then I will go back to my room.”

“Stay as long you need Gwibby.”

“Thank you.”

Junghee cradled her in her arms. Gwiboon’s back pressed into Junghee’s chest. They both cried quietly to themselves. Thoughts were racing through their minds. If only life could be different. Junghee felt Gwiboon’s tear hit her arm. “Please don’t cry Gwiboon you’re going to make me cry and I’m trying hard not to.”

“I’m sorry”

“I know I said I was ok with this whole thing but… I know I should be, you have a son and a husband but, I feel like you’re leaving me all over again. ” She put her hand on her check and turned her head towards her. “I won’t do anything else but I would like to kiss you just once. One last time.”

Gwiboon smiled and whispered “I would like that.”

Junghee wiped Gwiboon’s tears away with her thumb and then gently leaned in and kissed her the most romantic kiss Gwiboon had ever experienced. It made her tear again but she embraced the kiss, she lifted her arm back to hold the back of Junghee’s neck. A few moments later Junghee pulled away. “I love you.”

“I love you too... I have to go.”

Junghee smiled softly “I know."

Gwiboon snuck back into bed with her son in the other room. Junghee and her cried softly until they had fallen asleep.