just like before

My Baby

 

CHAPTER 4

 

“ Here noona”

He  smiled  at  me  as  he  handed  me  my  favorite  ice cream.

“I thought  you forgot already.”

“ how can I forget your favorite flavor?  Every time you feel sad or even happy, you always wants to eat vanilla ice cream”

I looked at him, more like staring at him, and examine his face. He changed a lot., his nose, his height, his size. But he’s still the Kwon Jiyong I know.

“ Noona, am I really that handsome to deserve that stare?”

That lead me back to reality.

“ Ani. Not handsome at all”

“  Really?”

“Nope.”

Then  a  group of girls were passing  by  and turned their heads towards our direction and waved to jiyong. They are clearly flirting with my jiyongie. But what surprised me was that, he waved back! He smiled at me  with a teasing smile.

“ If I’m not handsome, then why are those girls  smiling at me?” he said.

“  It’s because you are new.”

“ Okay. I wonder if they would still smile and wave at me tomorrow.”

“  You really are conceited. As always. You still owe me  an  explanation Kwon Jiyong.” I told him with an inferior voice.

“ What explanation noona?” he asked , clueless.

“ Why are you not calling us  more often than you used to? And you don’t usually answer our calls.”

“ it was because, I have to prove to my parents that I can live alone. Because, I want to go back here. Be with you guys. So, I have study hard and be on the top of the class.”

I believe him. His parents has always been so worried about Jiyong because he is this kind of person that can’t stand on his own ever since he was a child. Anywhere he goes, his personal maid come along. He is not clumsy and all. But he usually do things that put him in trouble.

 

“Of course! Remember, when you freed appa’s big dog from his cage? And you thought that he likes you. Ahhahahaha!! And he started chasing you!!ahahahha!!” I can’t stop laughing talking about that moment where we thought that the great Kwon Jiyong will  be  eaten alive by a dog. Luckily, my dad arrived on time and made the dog stop.

“ Noona!! I told you not to bring that up again. That was very scary that the memory still gives me goose bumps.”

“ Right. You were so stupid at that time!ahahaha!! I even thought that you’ll have a phobia on dogs but it turned out that you actually own a dog now. Ahahhaa!!” I kept laughing when his look stopped me.

He looked at me with eyes that says “ Bring it on noona.”

“ And what about that time noona, when we went to a theatre and after the performance, you went up stage and thanked the audience.”  He smiled at me with his famous teasing smile. He then  stood up  and  imitate what I did when we were still 7.

“ To those who came here today, I would like to tell you that I appreciate your presence. You have been a great audience.” He talked with british accent that I can’t help but laugh even though it was meant to embarrassed me.

“ I did not talked with British accent.” I told him between laughs.

“ yes you did.noona.”

“ no I did not. You better practice more. You’re not a good actor.”

And that made us both laugh. That was that. He is back and he’ll be staying. We spend the day together , talking about our past, our present. And laugh, and argue and laugh again. Since he left, I never had a time that I would laugh this hard. He really is back - for good. :)