Unexpected.

Melting Ice

“I…I…like you.” Those three sincere words left his lips.

Jiyeon’s eyes widened as she heard what Myung Soo said. Myung Soo then grabbed her shoulders, leaned down and kissed her soft lips.

“Damn. Snap out of it, Park So Hyun!” So Hyun shook her head trying to clear the scene out of her mind.

Since that day, the same scene was replaying over and over again in her head, like a broken recorder. Time and again Myung Soo and Jiyeon’s kiss scene would stab at So Hyun’s heart. When she saw them kiss in the drama they filmed, she already felt utterly terrible. Seeing them kiss for real made her feel like dying on the inside. She wanted so much to tell Yoo Ri but she knew better than to spread this news around. She wanted so much to get it off her chest but at the same time she knew she couldn’t tell anyone. She wanted to protect Myung Soo.

“He likes her, for real.” So Hyun thought sadly to herself.

She then sighed heavily for the umpteenth time of the day as her heart sank even deeper. She tightened her grip on her books and continued walking to the next class. Yoo Ri was in a separate class as her for Geography lessons so she was found alone. Suddenly, So Hyun felt someone grab her arm roughly and pull her away. By the next moment, she found herself between the lockers with the ‘kidnapper’, standing before her.

She gasped as she recognized who the person was. It was Myung Soo. She couldn’t believe her bias was actually standing right before her now. All these years, she has always only been able to look at him from afar. Despite being in the same school, they never really had any encounter. One reason was because he’s an idol and would not bother talking to a random student like her just because they were school mates. Another reason would be the large number of fan girls who always form a barrier around him and the other INFINITE members 24/7. At the current moment, So Hyun felt her heart race faster at the close proximity and a light shade of red decorated her cheeks.  Myung Soo looked away and slipped his hand into his pocket. 

“So… Is this yours?” he asked as he flashed her student card.

So Hyun’s eyes widened in shock to see her student card with him. She nodded slowly and cautiously.

“Ho-” Before she could say anything, L cut in.

“I guess I can say you saw everything then.” He concluded, looking her straight in the eyes.

Using his right hand, he grabbed So Hyun’s hand and brought it closer to him. So Hyun felt her heart skip a beat at his sudden gesture but she let him be. Looking down shyly, she anticipated his movement. Myung Soo  pried open her fingers and before she knew it, a stack of dollar bills, together with her student card were placed on her palm. So Hyun looked up at him in confusion.

“What is th -” So Hyun was interrupted by him Myung Soo again.

“I guess this should be enough to keep a secret…?”  He said nonchalantly.

“You…I…I don’t need your money so just ta-take it back.” So Hyun replied as she finally understood what he was doing.

She had never expected him to bribe her to make her shut . Myung Soo rolled his eyes and took out his wallet. Taking out more money, he stuffed them into her hands in an annoyed manner.

“If you want more, you can just approach me but I would advise one not to be too greedy. I guess I can trust that you would keep my secret safe? You better do.” Myung Soo warned before walking off coolly.

Looking down at the crumpled notes in her hand, a tear slipped out of So Hyun’s eyes.

“I don’t need your money. I would keep your secret even if you don’t do this…” So Hyun mumbled.

Dragging her lifeless self to the class and despite lessons having started, none of the words the teacher said made sense. They were just noises which were completely blocked out by So Hyun. She was sad and disappointed at Myung Soo. Never in life has she expected her first exchange with him to be like this. After school ended, So Hyun left first without Yoo Ri. So Hyun sent her a message before switching off her phone and dumping it inside her bag. She wanted to be alone.

Reaching home, she went straight into her room. Sitting before the table with the crumpled notes and student card lying before her, So Hyun felt tears welling up in her eyes.

“Park So Hyun, seems like you are just a money grabber anti-fan to Myung Soo.” She told herself sarcastically as a tear slipped out of her eyes.

“If you want more, you can just approach me but I would advise one not to be too greedy. Now, I guess I trust that you would keep my secret safe. You better do.” His words kept ringing in her head.

Burying her face into her hands, she cried. After crying for quite some time, So Hyun eventually fell asleep on her study desk. The next morning, she woke up with aching shoulders and a strained neck. Looking at the mirror as she freshened up, she scowled at the sight of her swollen and puffy eyes. So Hyun sighed before walking to the kitchen for breakfast.

“Good morning, umma.” So Hyun greeted her mother who was serving breakfast.

“So Hyun-ah, what happened to your eyes? Why are they so puffy? You cried last night?” Her mother placed the plates down and asked in a concerned manner.

“Aniya! I…I was watching drama last night and it was just too sad.” She lied.

“Aish. You should cut down on late-night dramas, darling. It is not good for your body, you know.” Her mum nagged in disapproval.

“I get it. I will.” So Hyun said with a reassuring smile.

“That’s my girl. Alright, sit down for breakfast already. The food is getting cold.” Her mum said with a smile.

So Hyun nodded her head before walking to her seat.

“Thankfully, today is a Saturday or else Yoo Ri would definitely interrogate me…She is definitely not going to believe in my horrible lying skills, unlike mum.”  So Hyun thought to herself, relieved.

“Good morning, appa.” So Hyun greeted as she sat down beside her father.

Looking over to her father who was reading the newspapers, she dropped her utensils.

“APPA! LEND ME THE NEWSPAPER!!!” So Hyun screamed as she snatched the papers over.

Staring at the headlines in disbelief, her jaw dropped.

From Drama Couple to Real Couple:
INFINITE’s L caught kissing with T-ARA’s Jiyeon in school!

(Just imagine the guy is L and the two are in uniforms.)

“OH MY GOSH?!” So Hyun exclaimed as she hurriedly flipped to the second page to read the contents.

“INFINITE’s visual, Kim Myung Soo was caught kissing with T-ara’s visual, Park Jiyeon in a secluded corner of the school. A reliable informant has provided us with this picture as evidence. Upon verification, it has been confirmed that this photograph is 100% reliable.  It seems like the ‘Myungyeon’ couple has developed feelings for real outside the screen.

While some fans support the couple, a majority from both fan clubs seemed to be displeased. Bashing from both sides of the fan clubs have started on various online forums. Up till now, both parties have not released their statement regarding this issue. Follow-ups would be released once more information is obtained.” So Hyun scanned the article quickly.

“. How did this happen?!” So Hyun mumbled to herself as she crumpled the sides of the newspaper worriedly.

“MYUNG SOO!!!! WAKE UP!!!!” Sung Yeol shouted as he ran into L’s room.

“Yeol, don’t disturb me… I am tired.” Myung Soo groaned as he pulled the blanket over him and flipped to the other side.

“YAH! KIM MYUNG SOO! JIYEON AND YOU MADE IT THE NEWSPAPER COVER PAGE AND YOU’RE STILL GOING TO CONTINUE SLEEPING?!” Sung Yeol shouted and shook him anxiously.

“What?!” Myung Soo sat up in shock.

All the sleepiness was wiped out as he looked at the headlines. Snatching the papers over, he started reading what was reported. Crushing the paper in anger, L threw it aside.

“What the f-” L cursed under his breath.

“It’s not the time to curse, L. You know what? I have a bad feeling about this...” Sung Yeol said warily.

“What the bloody hell is this?!” Jiyeon’s manager barged into her room and threw the newspaper in front of her.

Putting her manicure tool down, Jiyeon looked to the newspaper in confusion. Her eyes widened as she spotted the headlines.

“Oh my god.” She shrieked as she picked up the papers.

“Park Jiyeon, I demand an explanation, right now!” The manager shouted in her face causing the other members in the dorm to gather at the doorstep.

“It…It is not my fault. My-Myung Soo is the one who forced the kiss on me. I am not lying…I am not a willing party. I even pushed him away. You've got to trust me.” Jiyeon stood up in defence and said.

“I don’t care. I only know now all the fans are in rage! You want to tell me to do now, huh?” Her manager yelled.

“I am sorry. I would settle this problem by myself and not trouble you or affect T-ara. I promise.” Jiyeon said in an apologetic tone.

The other members exchanged glances outside the room. Their manager shook his head and sighed heavily as he pinched his forehead in frustration.

 

Author's note:
Hello everyone!
*Avoids all the daggers you guys throw at me*
I am so so so so sorry for not upating for such a long time.
I was really busy with school and I didn't really know how to type this chapter): .
I am guilty of even harbouring the thought of deleting this fic because I am afraid I won't know how to continue in later chapters.
Sorry! D: *Looks away in guilt*
But I promise I will erase that sinful thought of mine and try my best to complete this fic.
I wouldn't want to have a bad record of deleting a fic )X
Hopefully more inspiration will flow to me as I write...
Thank you so much for patiently waiting for an update<3
I love all of you guys! (:
Please comment and motivate me. Love ya~ <3