Epilogue

Until The Heartache Ends.

We always say if one of us
Somehow went away
We'd light a candle and say a prayer
Know that love still remains..

"I'll name him Onew." I smiled as I looked at the precious baby boy in my arms.

"'Onew'? Where'd you get that name from? Why not 'Jinki' since he's born on the same day as Jinki hyung? Don't worry, I'll allow you to." Minho suggested. I punched him lightly on the arm.

"Silly. I don't know, I just like 'Onew'." I replied, still staring at my precious Onew.

Minho smiled. "Arasseo, yeobo."


It's my little Onew's birthday.

It's Jinki's birthday.

I never thought he'd be born on this exact date. The doctor said I was due in December, but I never thought it'll be on the fourteenth. And also, I didn't think Minho would get excited about his son having the same birthday as Jinki. In fact, he kept on reminding me that we should go to Jinki's grave after Onew's party every year. He sure loves his hyung..

"Happy birthday, Onew!" Everyone exclaimed as Onew blew the five candles.

"Happy birthday, son." Minho ruffled Onew's hair.

"Thanks, appa!" And he hugged Minho tightly."

"No hug for umma?" I pouted. Onew laughed and hugged me as well. "I love you, baby."

"I love you, too, umma."

The party went on. The children started playing games, and Onew was having the time of his life. His friends, who are basically my friends' children, circled around him and he looked back at us, waving at us happily. Everyone had fun, then the party ended at around 5PM. We bid everyone goodbye and started cleaning up as Onew ran upstairs to open his presents.

"Yeobo.." Minho called as he picked the dishes up.

"Ne?"

"It's 5:15PM. Aren't you supposed to get ready?" He asked me.

"I know, I know. How can I forget, yeobo?" I smiled at him. He smiled back.

"Just reminding you." He chuckled. "You go, I'll finish this up."

"But yeobo--"

"It's okay." Minho smiled again. "Go wash up. I'll be ready by 5:30PM."

"Arasseo." I kissed him and went upstairs to wash Onew up.

"Umma, where are we going?" Onew asked as I combed his hair.

"To a very special friend of mine. It's his birthday today, too." I replied.

"Oh! You mean Lee Jinki-ssi?" Onew asked with eyes full of curiosity and aegyo as I put his t-shirt and pants on him.

"Yes, son. Now let's go." I held his hand and we went downstairs. Minho was waiting for us on the couch.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Wait, I have to bring something.." I rushed to the dining table where there lie a bouquet with three roses and lots of baby's breath all around. I picked it up and went back to Minho.

"Oh, right. You almost forgot about it, eh?" Minho chuckled. I glared at him and he raised both of his hands up. "So, let's go?"

"Let's go~" Onew ran outside and to the car. He sat in the back seat as he played with his robots.

"Jinki hyung will be really happy knowing you still remember him." Minho suddenly said.

I smiled at him. "Yeah.." was all I could say.

The rest of the ride to the cemetery was quiet, except for Onew's sound effects. Haha. When we arrived there, I held Onew's hand as we walked to Jinki's grave. Minho walked beside me and we stopped at Jinki's grave.

"Sup, hyung. Happy birthday." He happily told Jinki. "As usual, we brought Onew here, your somewhat twin." He chuckled.

"Hello, Jinki. Long time no see." I said as well.

"Uh.. Hello. I'm Choi Onew, Jinki-ssi." Onew bowed.


[Little Onew's POV]

"Hello, Onew. I'm Lee Jinki, nice to meet you.." A soft, beautiful voice replied.

"Huh??? Who's that????" I exclaimed, looking around. That scared me! Is it like in the movies?  When ghosts show up.. and...

"Why? What is it, Onew?" My umma worriedly asked me.

"There's.. someone.." I stuttered.

"Someone? Who?" Appa knelt down and faced me.

"There's someone.. talking to me.." I still couldn't move. My heart beat really fast. Then, that voice spoke again.

"Don't be scared, Onew. I won't hurt you. Well, I literally can't. I don't want your umma and appa to freak out.." The voice chuckled. He sounded.. nice.

"Onew? Do you know who is it?" Appa asked me, but I ignored his question. Instead, I spoke to Jinki-ssi again.

"Why is it only me who can hear you? Why can't umma and appa hear you?" I asked him.

"Well, your mom used to hear me before. But when she finally decided to be happy with your appa and let me go, she can't hear me anymore." Jinki-ssi explained.

"Oh.. Then, why can I hear you?" I asked again. By this time, my umma and appa are just staring at me.

"Because I'm the one who named you. I just want you to know me." Happiness filled his voice.

"Wait.. you named me? How?" I sat down on the grass and just looked at the grave.

"Go ask your mom." He replied.

I looked up at my mom and asked her. "Umma, how did you come up with my name?"

"Oh.. Why the sudden question, dear?" She asked.

"Well, Jinki-ssi told me he was the one who named me." I answered, which made my umma gasp, and so did appa. "Why umma? What's wrong?"

"Y-you.. You c-can.. hear him?" Tears formed in my umma's eyes. I just nodded.

"Well.. What was your question again, sweetie?" She asked me.

"How did you come up with my name?"

"Jinki told me." She smiled.

"How?"

"When I was giving birth to you, I can hear Jinki cheering on me all along. He told me everything will be okay and that I have to be strong. When I held you in my arms for the first time, Jinki told me to name you 'Onew'. It was his birthday then, so I knew I just had to name you 'Onew'." My umma explained.

"Oh.. Well, thanks, Jinki-ssi!" I smiled, as if he could see me.

"You're welcome, Onew." He replied.

"But dear.." Umma said.

"Yes, umma?"

"Do you.. do you really hear Jinki?" She asked, her tears rolling down her cheeks. Appa wiped them away as he hugged her.

"Ne, umma. Why?" I asked.

"Well, tell him happy birthday." Umma just smiled and wiped her tears.

"Happy birthday, Jinki-ssi!" I exclaimed happily as I gained a new friend.

"Thanks, Onew. Happy birthday to you, too. And tell your mom, thanks.." He replied.

"Oh, I want to ask you.." I said.

"Hm?"

"Will I hear you like this everyday?" I asked him.

"Oh, no." He chuckled. "Only once a year during your birthday. The moment you wake up, you can talk to me already. I'll be with you all throughout your day."

"Oh, okay. Thanks!" I cheerily replied and turned to my parents. My umma hugged me with her eyes swollen, so did appa. We stood beside Jinki-ssi's grave as we closed our eyes.


"Happy birthday, Jinki.." _____ mumbled as she closed her eyes. "I love you.."

Then, a soft, cold breeze caressed her cheek. A tear managed to escape her eyes, knowing it was Jinki.

"I love you, too.." A sweet voice whispered in her ear and vanished.

"Crying again, umma?" Onew looked up at his umma.

"Ani." She smiled at him. "Let's go." _____ pulled her son by his arm, and headed to the car, followed by Minho. Minho started the engine, and before they drove away, Onew rolled the window down.

"Annyeong, Jinki-ssi! Happy birthday! See you next year!" He yelled. Minho and _____ just chuckled as they watched their son wave happily.


A/N: An epilogue for those who asked for it! Kyaa~ ♥hae!