Chapter 3 - Blessings

Happy Memories

15 August, JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, 12.00 pm. The date, location and time of the wedding were already set.

So many things to prepare Ri, do you think we can make it? We only have a week!” Jiyong exclaimed as they entered their apartment and settled themselves on the couch. They just arrived home after booking the place in which the ceremony was to be held.

Seungri rested his head on Jiyong’s lap, “Sure, why not? Let’s just make it simple okay? At least we have settled the location and date.”

Jiyong nodded as he twirled Seungri’s hair between his fingers. He began to mentally list what they had to prepare – wedding bands, wedding suits, invitation cards and of course the guest list.

--

Homouality, like in many other countries, is highly frowned upon in Korea. To protect the name of their loved ones, YG family and Big Bang, G-Ri decided that it was best not to publicly announce their relationship. However, they still displayed their affection towards each other during interviews and live shows. To the general public, this is "fan service". Only those who were close knew that their public displays of affection held deeper meaning. They were in love.

A marriage between these two lovebirds was about to happen and it had to be done as soon as possible. There was no time to lose, time was definitely not on their side due to Jiyong’s condition. Now, they have to face a daunting task of revealing their secret relationship to their family members who have been kept in the dark about this matter. This is especially hard when they were the only male heirs in their respective families holding on to the responsibility of carrying their family name. How will their parents react if they found out that their only sons were not going to honor their family name?


"We need to inform our parents first, we need their blessings Ri. We'll meet my parents for dinner tonight. Tomorrow, we'll meet yours." Jiyong suggested.

This had been a nerve-wrecking day for the younger one. First was the proposal and now, meeting with the family. Nonetheless, Seungri agreed but questions began to pop up in his head.

Will their parents accept them as a couple? Or rather, will they accept their unproductive union?

--

It was 5.30 pm and the two were ready to set off for dinner at the Kwon’s villa. It was about an hour drive from their apartment but they left early to avoid any traffic congestion. The atmosphere in Jiyong’s Bentley was awfully quiet. Seungri was definitely out of character. He remained mum for most of the journey, only allowing himself to speak when Jiyong asked questions. He was extremely fidgety, shaking his legs out of anxiousness. His eyes were constantly blinking hard – a dead giveaway to Seungri’s nervousness. This was unlike the usual Seungri who would blabber on and on throughout the whole car journey.

Jiyong noticed this and reassured his beau, “Ri baby, calm down mmm? We’re in this together. Relax, I’ll do the talking. Don’t worry my dear. Take deep breaths and loosen up.”

Seungri just nodded in reply as he continued to stare out of the window to watch the scenery outside.

--

“Oh there you are my two handsome sons!” Jiyong’s mother exclaimed as she welcomed them into the villa. She was a loving and supportive mother, always visiting Jiyong whenever she had the time to cook his favourite dishes and made sure that he was healthy, both physically and mentally. She was his pillar of strength especially when things start to get rough and Jiyong definitely needed her now.

She hugged them both and examined them, “Why are the two of you so skinny and pale?” She caressed her son’s face, “Haven’t been eating well have you? No wonder you came to visit today, missed my cooking?”

Jiyong hugged his mother tightly and whined “Ummaaaa, I missed you so much! I’m really hungryyyyy~ Did you cook a lot today?”

His mother giggled and ruffled his hair, “Did you learn aegyo from Seungri?” She led both of them by the hand to the dining room, “When I heard that both of you were coming, I quickly went to do grocery shopping. Don’t worry, I cooked a big spread today, both of you can eat your fill!”

--

As they walked into the dining room, Dami (Jiyong’s elder sister) and Mr Kwon were putting the final touches on the dining table. The two boys exchanged pleasantries with them before all of them sat down and start their dinner proper.

The dinner was lively as Seungri loosened up and started to crack jokes and chattered endlessly like his usual self. This made Jiyong relieved and he mentally thanked his lover for creating a relaxed atmosphere before he makes his announcement. He brace himself for the worst, unsure of how his family would react to it.

“Umma, Appa, Unnie,” Jiyong addressed his family as they were about to start on their dessert. The three of them turned their attention to him.

“I have something really important to say,” he continued, he could feel his heart pounding and the adrenaline is starting to kick in.

From under the table, Seungri held on to his lover’s trembling hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. Jiyong glanced over to look at Seungri who gave him a nod which meant ‘I’m here, it’s okay.’

“I’m getting married,” he announced as he held up his left hand bearing the ring which Seungri presented to him earlier that day.

Joy was written on their faces upon hearing the good news and they started to question the identity of the new family member.

Jiyong revealed the interlinked hands from under the table and replied, “Seungri. I’m getting married to Seungri.”

The joy on their faces turned into disbelief.

--

“Wow, I’m going to get a very handsome son-in-law. Am I right dear?” Mrs Kwon was the first to break the silence as she slung her arm over her husband.

“Not only handsome, a cheerful and eloquent one too,” Jiyong’s father added, smiling to the both of them.

Both of them were definitely surprised by their neutral reactions over their upcoming marriage. Just to be sure that they were really fine with it, Jiyong asked, “All of you are okay with it?”

All of them nodded in unison which made the boys relieved.

“Dongsaeng, it doesn’t matter to us as long as you’re happy. Both of you have our support!” Dami commented giving them the thumbs up.

“We still love you. Your marriage will not change our love for you Jiyong,” Mr Kwon reassured his son. He continued, “Please take care of each other well.”

Mrs Kwon went over to envelope them in a group hug which was later joined by both Mr Kwon and Dami, “You have our blessings my two lovely sons.”

--

To be continued~