Part 2

Smile Boy [doubleshot]

 

"Are you feeling any better?" Seunggi said as he handed her a glass of water. She was lying down on her bed and she was still preoccupied. Seunggi sighed as he sat on the edge of her bed. "You shouldn't do that again, ever." 
 
"Why do you care so much?" Minjae said gently but with a hint of anger. 
 
"Because you're such a precious person..." Seunggi's voice trailed off as he stood up and left. Minjae looked confused but shrugged it off as she put the glass of water on her bedside table and switched the lamp off. Seunggi stopped infront of her door and took one last glance. 
 
-
 
"Oh, Umma, where's Seunggi-sshi?" Minjae said as she grabbed a toasted bread on the table. Usually, Seunggi will eat with them through breakfast. And he would always sit beside her. 
 
"He resigned." 
 
"What?" Minjae said, choking on her food. She despised him so much but there was a weird feeling that she felt right now, knowing that Seunggi left. 'Is it because of what I told him last night?' "Where is he?" She asked. 
 
"I don't know. Maybe in his apartment." 
 
"Where's his apartment?" She said, grabbing her coat and ready to dash off. 
 
"Right beside the bar, dear. Be sure to come back early!" 
 
 
Seunggi grabbed his clothes and luggage, later that night, he would be leaving for New York. A place where he'd fulfill his dream and where he'll stay with his family. 
 
A knock on the door made him stop for a minute. 
 
"Who's there?" 
 
He sighed as he opened the door and got shocked. 
 
"Minjae-sshi, what are you doing here?" 
 
"Where are you going?" Minjae said, surveying his apartment. She saw his luggage and a few clothes. 
 
"Uhm...New York? What's it to you?" Seunggi said. "Come on in." 
 
"Wae?" 
 
"To...see my family. Want a drink?" Seunggi was about to walk to his kitchen when Minjae pulled him by the arm. 
 
"Don't leave..." Minjae's voice lowered  down to a whisper. 
 
"Aww...our Minjae's so childish." Seunggi said, pulling her into a hug. "Don't worry. I'd be back." 
 
"I'm serious. Don't leave." Minjae said, pulling away and looking up at him. Seunggi's face fell serious too. 
 
"I can't." He said. "I need to meet my--"
 
"If I tell you I like you, won't you stay?" Seunggi chuckled and held her by the shoulders and pinched her nose. 
 
"You're so cute..." Seunggi laughed, but then stopped when he saw her blushing face. "Eh?" 
 
"Nevermind." Minjae said, pushing him away. She was about to turn the knob of the door when he spoke up. 
 
"If I told you I like you too, won't YOU leave?" Her whole body froze as she turned around. 
He had a smile on his face and his eyes were twinkling. "Come here, you pabo."
 
"You won't leave?" Minjae asked stupidly as she stood on her place. 
 
"Well, if you agree to be my girlfriend, then I won't." She bit her lower lip as her eyes brightened up. 
 
"Yes, I agree to be yours, Mr. Hero." 
 
"Mr. Hero? Shouldn't it be...my hero?" She chuckled as she run to him and they hugged like there was no tomorrow. 
 
"Saranghae." 
 
"I love you too, thanks for saving me." 
 
-- end