Part 1.

Smile Boy [doubleshot]

 

"Your mother and I...we decided to get divorce." Minjae's father said, lowering his gaze to the ground. He was ashamed, he promised his daughter when she was young that their family wouldn't ever be separated. 
 
"But, how can me and Yunjung survive?" Minjae asked softly, holding back the tears. "Yunjung's only two! How can you explain everything to him?" She said, she looked at her mother who was sitting beside her father. Yunjung was inside his room, the babysitter was taking care of him. 
 
"He'll know sooner and later..." Mrs. Lee's voice trailed off. Minjae showed off a dejected expression. "We won't break your future." 
 
"Who will manage the family bar? I'm too young for that!" 
 
"There's Seunggi. He's a good guy." 
 
Minjae stood up and stormed out the door despite her parents calling her. She went to her hiding place, the riverside. 
She grabbed pebbles as she started throwing it angrily on the river. 
 
"Getting angry on the river won't make you feel better." A voice said. She turned to look at the person, it was Lee Seunggi. He was four years older than her and he was working as a part-time singer at their family bar. He's been working for them for about a year. 
 
"What's it to you?" Minjae said bluntly. 
 
"You know, you can talk to me anytime." Seunggi said. Minjae just scoffed as she stood up and stormed back to their home. Seunggi only smiled. 'Someday, you'll soften up a bit.' He thought as he dusted off the dirt from his pants and went to his small apartment unit which was beside the bar. 
 
-
 
*zzt* 
 
Minjae groaned as she grabbed her phone from the bedside table, someone sent her a text message, and it brightened her up. 
 
'Jae-ah. Let's meet up at the riverside. -Doojoon.' 
 
'Okay. I need your comfort anyways. -Minjae.'
 
She smiled happily as she grabbed her coat and walked off to the riverside. 
 
-
 
"I...found someone better." Doojoon said as they walked around the river. Minjae's whole body froze, that was the first thing he said as she arrived at the park. "Minjae-ah, let's break up." 
 
"What--" 
 
"It's not your fault. I'm sorry." 
 
She opened her lips to protest but then sealed it close again. She nodded and turned away. 
 
"I'm sorry, Minjae-ah. You were happy to be with, but I've found someone new." 
 
 
"Why is the world against me!?" Minjae mumbled as she laid down on the bed, tears streaking down her face. She loved Doojoon too much that it hurts. 
 
She didn't know that Seunggi came down their house that night to visit her parents. He stopped by her room. He was about to knock on the door but stopped when he saw her standing up and going to her drawer. 
 
"This shall end it." She said as she grabbed something. It was like a rock. She threw it straight at the mirror and it broke into pieces. She grabbed a broken piece and placed it on her wrists. 
 
"Minjae-ah! What are you doing!?" Seunggi shouted in shock. 
 
"Don't get near or else you'll see me die infront of you." He stopped midstepped and held his breathe. He saw the tears in her eyes and was shocked. 
 
"Don't do it, Minjae-ah." 
 
"Why won't I? This world hates me." 
 
"Noona?" A voice made them turn to the door, it was Yunjung, and he looked like he woke up. 
 
"Call your parents." Seunggi's voice lowered down to a whisper, Yunjung happily obeyed and Seunggi turned back at Minjae. 
 
The broken piece of the glass inched closer to Minjae's wrists and Seunggi's sweat was drippling down already. He slowly approached her and thought of ways to get the broken piece of glass. 
 
"What did I tell you--" 
 
"Minjae-ah!" Mr. Lee's voice boomed inside the room. 
 
"I hate you, I hate everyone of you!" The broken piece was already touching her skin, it felt cold. 
 
"If I tell you don't do it, don't DO it." Seunggi said, diving down into her, the broken piece of glass slipped through her hands, avoiding the harm that it might have caused her. 
 
"I HATE YOU." Minjae said, wetting Seunggi's clothes with her tears as she wept. 
 
--
 
Author:
I'll post the last part tomorrow so stay tune for it! <33