10

One Thing

The next day, Jiyeon is still in the hospital. No one was watching over her the whole night and she didn’t get enough sleep at all.

Seung Ho, on the other hand, can’t help but always think about Jiyeon in the hospital.

After their class, he hurriedly went to the hospital and visited Jiyeon.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Jiyeon is sitting in her bed when she heard the knock, “Come in” she says.

Seung Ho then went in and saw Jiyeon by herself, sitting and watching the television.

“Oh Seung Ho-ah…you’re here” she says weakly.

“Looks like you haven’t sleep well last night” he says jokingly.

Jiyeon didn’t sleep well last night actually. Black shades appear in the lower parts on her eyes and she just looks tired.

“Why didn’t you call me? I could’ve watched you last night” Seung Ho tells her.

Jiyeon smiled a little, happy that she has a friend like Seung Ho who cares for her. None of her friends visited her. Only Seung Ho.

“Mian…I don’t’ want to disturb you again” she apologize.

“Aniya…it’s okay as long if it’s you…and of course halmeoni” he smiles.

“I think I am a burden to the people close to me” she said weakly and sounding sad.

“You are not a burden to me. That’s the truth” he walks towards her and sits down beside her bed.

She looks at him with teary eyes and weakly smiles at him.

“Gomawo” she says

“For what?” he asks her.

“For being my true friend. Even my friends doesn’t visit me. My family rarely comes, well except for omma. She works here so she sees me every hour. As for my appa, I don’t know what to think about him anymore” she sighs and Seung Ho notices the sadness in her voice when it comes to her appa.

“Jiyeon-ah…can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“Do you have any conflicts with your appa? I mean…he doesn’t seem to care for you at all. I’m not offending you…am I?” he says in a gentle voice not to offend Jiyeon by asking her about the question.

“I know appa doesn’t care about me anymore. To us” she sighs again, “He always put work before us. Always work work work. Nothing more. He used to be my appa, but he’s not the appa I know now” a tear fell from her eyes. Seung Ho hands her his handkerchief but she ignores it.

Seung Ho wants to ask her more but chose not to. All he can do is look at Jiyeon crying.

After how many minutes, Jiyeon stops crying and notices the time

“Seung Ho-ah…you’re already late now for the next class” she reminded him.

Seung Ho looks at his watch and just smiles.

“Yah! Aren’t you going to class now?!” she shouted at him.

“I’m not deaf okay?” he chuckles.

“What’s there to chuckle?” she questions him.

“Don’t you see?? I’m here to take care of you. Since your appa or oppa is not here” Seung Ho tells her.

She could feel her heartbeat racing and feels like jumping out from her chest.

“Why are you doing this? Why are you being nice to me?” she questions him.

“I’m just doing this ‘cause you are my friend” he lies to her.

Jiyeon could feel disappointment within her when she heard that he only treats her as a friend. But what she didn’t know is that, Seung Ho was just pretending to say that because he doesn’t want to let Jiyeon know about her true feelings for her. He wants to say “I like you” to her but he doesn’t have the guts to tell her immediately.

“Oh…well thank you for that” she said weakly.

Seung Ho could feel the regret that he was not able to tell Jiyeon what he truly feels about her.

Without knowing it, his hand gently makes its way to Jiyeon’s hand and finally, holds it like there will be no tomorrow.

Jiyeon is shock at Seung Ho’s sudden action.

“Jiyeon-ah…” he spoke.

“Ne, Seung Ho-ah?” she replied.

Seung Ho took a big gulp before saying what he really wants to say.

“Jiyeon-ah…I have something to tell you” he holds her hand more tightly.

Jiyeon could feel her heart beating faster again and this time, she could feel the hotness going up to her face.

“Jiyeon-ah…I…uhmmm…I…” he stutters as he starts.

 

--updated this fic again…really sorry for the really LATE delay of update…because of school, I was busy preparing for quizzes and discussions within a group that needs to meet like every now and then…so I hope you all understand and also I hope that you like the latest update…

Comment and subscribe...:D thanks…