Hello, Cute Girl

Noona, My Beloved

~A Young Man's POV~

They said, in this world the only constant is change but I beg to disagree. My case is a bit different. Change came first then everything became constant. I still remember everything clearly, as if it just happened yesterday...but this was 10 years ago... 
I was in the sixth grade when I first learned that I had power over my contemporaries. I could lead them. I made them follow everything I told them to do. I became the most popular in school not because I was the most intelligent one but simply because I was the most frequent visitor at the principal’s office together with the rest of my gang. We were called the “Fearless Foursome”. I was the leader, the second in command is Dong Youngbae, and the other two were Lee Seungri and Hwang Chansung. They were my best pals. We were always together through good and bad times. See...that’s why were always seen together at the principal’s office. 

The principal’s office was my most hated place in the world for in there, I would always see the faces of Mr. Principal and my teachers who kept on sneering at us. Telling us we were good for nothing, and that the only reason why we were never kicked out was because the school was really in bad situation. They needed students who could afford the tuition and unfortunately for them, we could. So the only thing they could do was always sending us to the office. But who would have thought that one day, my most hated place could turn into my most favourite place in the world. I can still remember that faithful day.

...Flashback...

“YOU, FOLLOW ME TO THE PRINCIPAL’S OFFICE, NOW!” my adviser pointed at me while I was comfortably sitting on my armchair waiting for the class to start. 

“Okay, sir” I sarcastically replied then I followed him. We went inside the office and of course, I was welcomed by the awfully irritating face of the principal. 

Then the principal began his blabbering. Then I was alarmed by what he said last. “We might be forced to kick you out of this school because aside from the pranks and disasters you created, you are also the one getting the lowest score in exams. We will be having the National Achievement Test next month and we can’t afford to be on the bottom. If that happens, the school board might close the school.”

“But sir I can always give an excuse for that. Remember, that’s what we always do?” I said confidently.

“That won’t work now. Yesterday, I received a call from the education department. The director was asking me why same set of students are always not around during achievement tests. So that would be risk asking you not to take the exam” he said while wearing a worried look.

“So what does this mean? You’re kicking me out? Am I the only one? Am I?” I said in an irritated tone. 

“I think it is for the best. Anyway, you are the most delinquent in school, so why keep you?” he said in an authoritative manner.

“Sir, can we not do anything about this? I mean...” I was lost for words thinking that it might be my last day in school. How about my friends? If I go, they should also go. 

Before the principal could reply, the door opened and there came in a very pretty girl. She was holding a pile of paper. 

“Good morning uncle! I came here for the survey forms. Ooops, is it a wrong timing?” she sweetly smiled at the principal whom she mentioned as her uncle. How can he be her uncle? She has an angelic face, while the other has an evil look. 

“Come in Sandara. No, it’s okay. Go ask my secretary to assist you with your survey. Anyway, what is your research about?”

“Ahm, it’s about students’ learning behaviour. I also have to do a case analysis for my research. Can you suggest students having difficulties in studies?”

“Hmmm...I think I can give you one. This young man” tapping my shoulder.

What? Me? What is she gonna with me?

“Uncle, would that be okay if I talk to him first?”

“Sure” he said then he left the two of us in the office.

“Hello! I’m Sandara Park” she offered her hand to me but I refused to give my hand. She’s the niece of the principal whom I hate the most. I should also hater her. 

“So? What do you want?” I asked rudely.

“I am here for my research. As what you’ve heard, my research is on learning behaviour. I have to talk to students having difficulties in studies. Ahm, it doesn’t mean that the person has to be slow, I mean, just having difficulty...it’s different, you know. One could just be a late bloomer or has a different intelligence. It’s not all about academics. So don’t think about this negatively” she explained continuously. 

“What if I don’t want to”

“Well, if that’s your choice. I can’t do anything about it anymore”

“What do I get in return if I agree?”

“Well, what do you want?”

“I’ll have to think about the deal. And yes”

“Yes? Waah! Thank you so much. You’re such a cute boy” she said smiling while pinching my cheeks.

“Ouch! It hurts. So what am I gonna do in your research?”

“Sorry, I just got too excited. Ahm, I have to be with you during NAT review. Maybe I could ask Uncle to allow me to be your tutor for the NAT”

“NAT? Tutor? Hmm...ok” I said hesitatingly. Anyway, I badly need someone to tutor me. My life depends on this. If Mr. Principal agrees, I will be allowed to stay. And if I pass the NAT, then that would be great. That’s a good deal for me.

“Good! When does your review start?”

Then Mr. Principal suddenly entered. He answered for me. “Tomorrow”
“Uncle, he agreed. So I would have to be his tutor for the whole month until the NAT. Would that be okay?”

Mr. Principal seemed to be thinking but he still said yes. He hesitated a bit but this girl sure is very charming. One cannot resist saying yes to her. 

“Uncle, thanks so much” embracing her uncle while giggling.

“Okay, okay. Now, you may leave and see Sec. Lee for your survey” 

“Thanks Uncle. You’re cool!” she was about to leave when she turned around and smiled at me which almost melted my heart.

“Anyway, what’s your name?”

“Jang Wooyoung”

“Our review starts tomorrow. I’ll fetch you in the afternoon. Wait for me ok? Thanks! Byebye!” she said.

She waved goodbye to me. I was giggling inside because she was really the cutest girl I’ve ever seen. Oh wait, how old is she? She seems older but she looks young. Hmm..Sandara Park. I usually don’t agree to people’s requests because I am usually the one asking for something. How come I readily agreed to her? Does she have the same power as I do? Or maybe more powerful? I wonder. 

I can’t understand myself but after I went out of the principal’s office, I was the happiest person in the world. I guess that was because I can stay in school longer. I no longer hate the principal. I love the the principal’s office now.




End of Chapter 1