First Time

Noona, My Beloved

Flashback...
~Wooyoung’s POV~

Today is my first day of review. I don’t know, I hated studying but why am I too excited today? Maybe because this is my chance to stay longer in school and be with my friends. I will not allow the Fearless Foursome to disband. 

Sandara told me to wait for her. Mr. Principal even asked me to stay at the principal’s office while waiting for her. He’s nice to me now. Good. 

The door suddenly opened. And there she is, wearing her school uniform. As I scanned her from head to feet, I now understand what beautiful means. She is the definition of beauty. Shoot! Why am I thinking about it? Wait! Her uniform...she’s in HIGH SCHOOL, NOT MIDDLE SCHOOL. WHAT?????! 

She looks young. I thought she’s only 13 or 14. So she’s my NOONA??? I thought she’s just a year older than I am. Woah! 

“Wooyoung, why do you seem surprised? I already told you, I’m gonna fetch you, right?” she asked wonderingly.

“Yes. But you didn’t tell me you’re already in high school”

“Should I? Isn’t it obvious? What’s the problem with that?” she said curiously.

“Ahm...nothing. It’s just that...ahm. Anyway, so where are you going to teach me?”

“Maybe somewhere quiet. I was thinking of taking you home but I just remembered that my brother is taking his friends with him for his project. So I guess, we can have the review right here.”

“Here? Would it be okay with your uncle?”

“I’m sure he would agree. I’m his favourite niece, you know” she said then she winked at me. Did she? Oh my, she winked at me. I’m now beginning to hyperventilate. What is she doing to me? 
“Hey, are you okay?” she suddenly moved closer to me while touching cheeks and forehead. “Are you sick?”

“Ah, no...” I said without looking in her eyes. I might not be able to take it anymore if I do.

“Ah, I thought you’re not feeling well. I will cancel our review today if that’s the case.” She sat on the chair beside me while still looking at me. 

“No. I’m okay. So shall we start our review?” I said confidently still not looking at her.

“Wow! You have a different aura today. Yesterday, you were a bit in a bad mood. Now, you seem happy.”

Of course I am happy seeing you again. Seeing you again? What? NO WAY! I am happy because I get to stay in school longer. 

“Well, yesterday wasn’t a good day. Now I feel better” I said with air.

She put the books and reviewer on the table, then she examined my face. Her face now very close to mine. My heart seemed to have stopped beating. “Why are you not looking straight to my face? Shy? Huh?”

I forced myself to look at her. “Of course not. I am just a bit uncomfortable. Let’s just start. We’re wasting time, Sandara.”

“No no no no! Call me Noona or else, I’ll choke you to death.” She gave me a deadly glare. 

Despite her glare, she still looks cute. 

“Sandara only” I said teasingly.

“NOONA” she shouted at me.

“Okay,okay, Sandara-noona, is that fine?” I said smiling.

“Good. Let’s start”

She started reviewing me. At first, I had a hard time focusing because I can’t help but stare at her. But then I realized how eager she is in reviewing me so I began concentrating on the session. I learned that she knows a lot. In short, she’s smart. 


Days passed by and she always comes to school in the afternoon. I always get excited thinking that she would arrive anytime in the afternoon. I always waited in the principal’s office. The principal always leaves early in the afternoon because he said he was busy with some papers. So I always waited for her alone in the office. While waiting, I always do advanced readings so that when she arrives, I already know the lesson. She once told me that I have improved a lot and that I have a lot of potential. I believe her because I know deep inside that I really have potential and that once I exert effort on something, I can be good at it. 

Everything went well but there’s only one thing bothering me. What can I ask her in return? She has been asking me what I wanted in return but I can’t seem to decide on it just yet. 

One day, when I was in the office waiting for her, I thought of something awfully weird. What if I ask her for a kiss. A KISS? Oh no! She’s old for me. And why a kiss? Hmm...I can’t help but always stare at her cute lips whenever she pouts especially if I can’t answer the questions correctly. I wonder how soft her lips are. That’s why I would always act as if I don’t know the answer.

The door opened and as expected, there she was. Still taking my breath away...that’s her effect on me. Every day, she would come to school and every day, I keep on wondering why she has that effect on me.

“Hello there Mandu Cheeks!” she calls me mandu cheeks because she said she finds my cheeks very cute. I never fail to blush whenever she calls me that. Sometimes she even pinches my cheeks.

“Hello, Sandara-noona” I said while blushing.

“This is our last day of review. Haven’t you thought of the deal yet?” 

“Not yet, Noona.”

I don’t understand myself. Now, I tend to be shy, submissive and respectful towards everyone especially to her. My gang noticed it. They said, I no longer am the Wooyoung they knew. But they said they are happy for me. My teachers also complimented me on this. 

“Wooyoung, is there anything wrong? Tell me. Noona will help you” she said worriedly. She leaned closer to me and held my face. 

My heart beat wildly as if it’s about to get off its cage. “Noona....ahm...” then words cannot come out of my mouth. I can no longer understand everything that is happening. I looked at her in the eyes, then to her lips. I leaned closer to her until my nose touches her nose. She was about to move away but I held her face firmly. My lips were trembling but I managed to tell her “I love you, Noona” then I crushed my lips onto hers. I moved my lips. It was automatic. I started pecking on her lips, then I her lower lip. She wasn’t moving but she was staring at me. I continued kissing her. I opened my mouth and started nibbling her lips. She began moving her lips. My eyes closed. I felt her right hand holding my nape. Her left hand was on my back. I suddenly pulled her body closer to mine then embraced her without breaking the kiss. Then she suddenly pulled away. 

She looked shocked. I was, too. We were both heaving. 

“I am sorry, Noona...I didn’t mean to...” then I was again lost for words. I couldn’t think straight. 

“You...you...That’s the deal. I already paid you” she said tearfully. She began putting the books inside her bag. She was trembling and tears were rushing down her cheeks. Then she left.

I was left shocked. When I finally realized what I did, I cursed myself. I knew that it would be the last day I would see her. If we see each other again, I might not be able to face her with confidence. I might not be able to look at her again. I might run because of embarrassment. And she, I fear that she hates me. I didn’t understand myself well before but that moment made me realize that I love her. I was in love for the very first time. 

On the day of the exam, I prepared myself for i know that she worked hard for it. I would never waste what she did for me. And it went well. I passed. I stayed in school longer. But she didn’t come back. Never had I seen her again. Mr. Principal said that she changed her research. She didn’t even tell her uncle about what happened for if she did, I might be kicked out at once. I blamed myself for that. I knew it, she would hate me. I hated myself for not being able to control my feelings. I love her, but she’s gone. 

Two days before graduation, Mr. Principal called me to his office. I thought I did something wrong again. But instead of scolding me, he handed me a letter from Noona, it says...

Dear Wooyoung,
I wasn’t able to say goodbye. I heard you did well in your exam. I am happy that you did well. Just forget what happened. I have also forgotten about it. You were just confused. Goodbye, Wooyoung.

                                                                                                                                                         Sandara-Noona


After reading the letter, I thanked Mr. Principal then left. I headed to the restroom and there I felt something wet on my face. I didn’t know that I was already crying. She was my first love but I was rejected. 





End of Chapter 2