Second Date

Wanted: Perfect Husband

Heeeyyyy!!!! I'm so happy I got alot of new SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENTS!! but sadly it didnt reached 15. Its near though! about 13 or 14. :DD seriously thank youuuu!!! and ive been thinking about it, if any of you want to spam my comment box, please do. just no nonsense please. but so far i know non of my readers are like that. you can even ask me questions! I'll answer it either in a comment or at my next chapter. :) Anyway, I'm supposed to post this chapter tmr, which marks the one week, but tmr I'll be n school till very late at night and I doubt I'll have time. So here you go! :D

===============================================================

 

 

 

Everything kind of went back to normal after a few days. As if the whole cupid thing didn’t even happen. I was happy with my work for that few days until a call interrupted my train of thoughts.

“Hyerin ah. What you want?” I asked impatiently.

“Unnie!! I’ve finally found the match for you! I promise you he’s really THE ONE. I’ve done as much research as I could on him. You will really like him!” Hyerin squealed happily.

I was still wary of her definition of ‘THE ONE’ eversince the first date. Well, it doesn’t hurt to reject. I smiled. “Okay Hyerin.. Where and when?”

“Today! Lunchtime! At …. the western restaurant right across your building.”

I agreed and hung up. There’s 1 more hour to lunchtime. Maybe I shall touch up my make up slightly. Hey, its not wrong for a girl to look her best even if she’s going to reject someone right?

 

I was already walking around the shopping mall where the restaurant is. It didn’t took me long to touch up. Mostly because I don’t really wear much make up.

I leaned on the wooden railings at the 3rd floor, facing the shops and people that are shopping with their friends or families. Suddenly I felt as if I was being watched. No. More like stared at. At the corner of my eye, I could see a figure at the same position as me but a little bit far away from where I was standing. I tried to calm myself before turned immediately to catch the person in action. Maybe that might scare him.

I turned my head to side so fast that I almost twisted my neck. The person was not shock. The person did not look away. The person smiled. The person is Junhyung.

I frowned and my mouth was slightly ajar. Junhyung?? Why does he have to be always there whenever I have a blind date? Aishhh…

He walked slowly towards me seeing that I’m not moving from my spot.

“Hell-lo!” he smiled.

“What are you doing here Junhyung? Are you like stalking me?” I smirked.

He laughed. A very exaggerated laugh. “Do you own this mall, baby? I don’t think so..”

“No. But this mall is right opposite my office and out of MANY places, you have to be HERE? And ‘coincidentally’ on my 2nd blind date? I see it pretty much as stalking,” I said confidently.

He scoffed. “Well well well… are you trying to hint to me that you work opposite of this mall? You know.. so I can stop by here often. Are you also trying to tell me that you’re having a 2nd blind date to get sympathy from me?” he raised an eyebrow.

My mouth dropped open. People like him don’t deserve to have a conversation with me. Such a waste of time! I rolled my eyes.

“HA! See you don’t have anything to say. I guess its true…. Hmm.. I was just guessing actually. Didn’t know you missed me so much,” he said.

“Excuuussee me! I was about to say something when you interrupted me!” I lied. Of course I don’t have anything else to say. It’s a waste of time.

“Uh huh…” he nodded, not believing a word from me.

“Whatever Junhyung. I’m in a happy mood to go for my date and I won’t let your nonsensical ruin it.” I looked at my watch.

“If you’ll excuse me, I have a date to go to.” I said formally. I sounded a little like Rose from the movie Titanic actually. It’sthat formal.

I walked away from him but he followed me and stood by my side. I just ignored him.

“So… who is it this time? Doctor? Lawyer? Teacher? President?” He laughed.

I glared at him for a short second. “Architect.” I don’t even know why I bothered answering.

“Ahhhh… architect.. that’s good. At least he can build you your dream house, living with your dream husband, having dreamy children and live a dreamy life.” He said sarcastically. His faced purposely ‘light up’ whenever he said the word dream.

I rolled my eyes. “At least he’s not like you.Everything about you is a nightmare,” I said.

“Right…. Well I guess the kiss was also a bad nightmare for you isn’t it? Did you have trouble sleeping? Because I’m pretty sure I heard Hyerin telling Yoseob how you slept with a smile plastered on your face that night.” He smirked.

. Did I really smile in my sleep? ! And that bloody sister if mine had to tell her boyfriend about it??

I swear my face turned really red and hot at that moment. I just kept on walking, looking forward. I caught Junhyung turning to face me. He laughed.

“It’s that bad huh? Until you turn really red when I talked about it. Okay okay. I shan’t remind you of your nightmare anymore seeing that you’re going for a date,” he said and walked passed me.

“Enjoy your date Hyuna~” he sang and wave to the back without turning behind.

Damn you Junhyung. Damn you Hyerin. Damn you smile.

 

I reached the restaurant and looked for someone holding a white rose. Well that’s what Hyerin said he’ll bring. I saw a guy sitting at one of the seats, backfacing me. I saw him holding onto a white rose at the edge of the table. My heart beats fast as I walked towards him from behind.

I passed him and turned as I reached the table. He. Is. Cute!

He looked up at me and smiled. “Kim Hyuna?”

I nodded and took a seat at the red leather sofa.

“For you,” he said as he gave me the white rose. How romantic.

I took it and smelled the lovely scent. Its been a long time since I last received roses.

“I’m Minho. Choi Minho.” he smiled. That smile is really to die for. Chill Hyuna. Don’t get too excited. Who knows he’s another failure.

We ordered the food and started to get to know each other.

“Just curious, how did you get to know Hyerin?” I asked.

“Oh I was her senior when she was in highschool. I bumped into her when I was going to lunch.”

Ahh.. senior.. I didn’t want to ask what she told him that made him agree to meet me since he didn’t bring anything up like “Hyerin told me you’re looking for a husband” or something like that.

“What do you work as?” he asked.

“I’m a magazine editor,” I said confidently, smiling.

He widened his eyes. “Wow. That’s interesting.”

“Nah its not that interesting..” I said trying to sound humble.

“It is, really. I mean how many people can get nearly all the people of the whole country or even more than just this country to read what you write right? You can be considered quite popular. Since you know, everyone read your works,” he praised. I swear if there’s no gravity, I would have floated by now.

I just smiled but trying so hard not to be smiling too widely.

Our order came soon after and we started eating while chatting about our hobbies, work and other things. So far, everything was going so well. I’m starting to like his personality until…..

He casually took a handful of my fries and put it on his plate. I raised an eyebrow.

“You’re not eating that right?” he asked, looking at me. Maybe he thought I didn’t eat it because I ate everything else except the fries. That’s because I’m saving the best for the last, idiot!

“Erm…” I was thinking of a proper way to tell him but he had already munched down MY fries without even waiting for my response. If you’re just going to eat it, why did you ASKED me??

I tried to think on the brightside. Okay, maybe he loves sharing. Since he took some of mine, I shall take some of his too. I stretched out my hand to take one of his fried shrimps.

To my shock, he moved his plate away from my hand. “Err sorry I don’t like people taking my food.”

My jaw literally dropped open. You don’t like people taking your food?? Then what the heck did you just do??

He looked up to me, since I was silent after he said that. I tried to force a fake smile. He smiled back, oblivious to what he had done. Aishh… guys..

 

We finished our food, where fortunately he paid for the lunch fully, and walked out of the restaurant. He wanted to say something which I assumed is to walk around the mall but I am so not going to extend this date after what he did just now. Hello?? Weren’t you listening?? I clearly said French fries were my favourite.

“Okay it’s nice meeting you Minho. But I have to leave for work now,” I said, hurrying to rush off.

“Can I have your-“ he wanted to say something when I cut him.

“Okay bye Minho!” I said waving to him, walking away from him.

Candidate #2- Fail