45

Wanted: Perfect Husband

 

“Annyeong!” he said happily, waving at me like a small kid.

“J-jun-junhyung. W-what are you doing here?” I stuttered. Please don’t let Wooyoung go down.

“Can’t I? Come on I’ve not seen you for weeks! Maybe even months. The last time I heard from you was that you’re getting married. And that is by text,” he said and pouted. I bit my lower lip, feeling extremely nervous.

“Okay now you’ve seen me. Can you go please?” I pleaded, trying not to sound too harsh.

He raised an eyebrow. “Are you like, chasing me away? I can’t be here? I thought we’re friends,” he said, sounding slightly disappointed.

“Of course we’re friends Jun. But umm.. you see, Wooyoung is upstairs, and.. don’t get this the wrong way, but I don’t really want him to know that I know you,” I said as gently as possible.

He tilted his head to the side slightly. “Why? Are you embarrassed of me?”

What? No! “What? No Jun-“ He cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

“You don’t want your perfect husband-to-be to know that you have an imperfect friend do you?” He looked away and his lips, looking quite angry.

“Jun-“

“You know, I thought you changed. I thought you would not judge people if they are perfect or not. But clearly you still do. I’m still being ‘categorized’.” He glared at me. How could he say this? I really don’t mean all of this at all! I was seriously speechless at what he just said.

“I’ll go. It seems that I’m the imperfect thing that will ruin your perfect future.” He turned and walked away, leaving me standing there infront of the door. I wanted to chase after him when Wooyoung came up behind me.

“Who was that?” Did he hear anything?

“Erm wrong address,” I said trying to sound casual. Wooyoung just nodded.

 

Junhyung’s POV

Yoseob got home from the library and was shocked to see more than 10 empty cans of beer lying messily on the coffee table and I was sprawled across the couch, holding my 12th can.

“Yah hyung! What’s wrong with you?? Stop drinking!” He pulled the can forcefully out of my hand and slammed in on the table. I laughed like a drunkard. No matter how many cans I drink, I can never get drunk. That is the thing I hate about myself especially now. I can never get drunk. Well maybe if I tried a very strong alcohol drink like Everlast or a very strong vodkha.

“Yah Seobbie-ah.. Come come. Sit here with your hyung,” I said, sitting up and patted the seat next to me. Yoseob obeyed and placed his haversack on the floor. He looked at me with full concern.

“You know you can finally get married with the love of your life right?” I said, spinning my head around slightly to act as if I was really drunk.

“Ohh.. Yeah… no wonder you’re like this…” he said sadly.

I scoffed. “When you get married.. take care of Hyerin well Seobbie-ah. Girls want a perfect life. Give her that. Make sure to tell her that you love her everyday until she get sick and tired of it. Coz you’ll never know when its too late to say.” Yoseob nodded solemnly.

“Just so you know, when Mrs Kim got to know about Wooyoung, Hyerin told me she was happy that noona finally got a partner but she was quite sad that it wasn’t you,” Yoseob said.

I raised an eyebrow. “That totally doesn’t help me Yoseob. It just makes me feel more regret.”

He puffed out his cheeks and looked away from me. “Mianhae..”

We remained silent for awhile when I just zoned out. I don’t know what to think anymore. Its true what Hongki said. Confess or not, I will still lose her. Either way I will still get hurt. I was about to pick up my beer can when Yoseob stopped me by holding my wrist.

“Hyung, that’s enough. I know you can’t get drunk but drinking a lot will be bad for your kidney and health. Go out, run, shout, anything. Just don’t drink anymore hyung,” Yoseob said with a slight worry in his voice.

I smiled slightly. “Well at least you still care about me. Arasso. I won’t. I’m going to get some sleep now.” Yoseob nodded. I wanted to clear up my mess of empty drink cans when Yoseob told me to just sleep and he’ll help me clean it up.

I was halfway up the stairs when Yoseob called me. I turned.

“Is this yours?” he asked, holding up the necklace that I was supposed to give Hyuna. I was meddling with it while drinking and must have had left it on the couch.

“Uh yeah. Just throw it,” I said waving my hands away lazily.

“But.. this is white gold hyung..” he said, scrutinizing the necklace.

“Or just sell it. I don’t care.” With that I went up to my room and shut the door. I let my body fall face first on the bed and stared at the opposite wall. I felt my tears falling out of my eyes droplet by droplet as my heart got heavy holding my feelings in. I finally let it out and wept into my palms as I lay on the bed.

When I woke up, there’s like 20 missed calls from Hyuna. I couldn’t be bothered to call her back. I threw my phone on the bed and went straight to shower. Its already night but I just felt like I need a cold shower.

I let the water flow down my body from my head and just closed my eyes, leaning against the wall. Out of nowhere, my mind went back to the first time we went out.

 

“You don’t understand,” she said with a stern voice.

I scoffed. “That’s all you will ever say. You know what? Fine. I don’t care if you think I have a proper job or not. Coz you don’t mean ANYTHING to me. So your opinions doesn’t affect me one bit!” I said, looking away.

“Neither does yours! Huh!” she turned away.

“Great! From now on, we can say ANYTHING to each other and it doesn’t even affect us!”

She thought about something for awhile. “Aren’t we doing the same thing as the movie? Only that we know each other’s names?”

“So?”

“So… you want to fall for me and I fall for you in the end?” she smirked.

“Puhleeezzzee.. don’t think too highly of yourself baby. I’ve got better taste and a bookworm like you never succeed in attracting my attention. And since you said I don’t have a ‘proper’ job, then you wouldn’t fall for me. Well, unless you can’t help it. I mean, cmon…” I said pointing to myself arrogantly. She just rolled her eyes.

“Whatever Yong Junhyung….”

 

I groaned and punch my fist on the wall behind me. You spoke too soon Junhyung. And then something hit me. We agreed that we can say anything to each other and it won’t affect us. I got too carried away and let every bit of her words affect me. I ignored her because I felt hurt when she joked about loving me. I felt angry when she told me to go away because she doesn’t want her boyfriend to see me. I got too carried away. This should never have happened.

After showering and changing into more comfortable clothes, I got to my desk and took out an empty piece of paper and pen. I sighed and glanced at the selca of me and her on my wallpaper one last time before starting to write.

 

Hyuna’s POV

After that so called fight between Junhyung, he totally ignored me. He was angry, I know. I wanted to explain more but he wouldn’t even pick up my calls. I was getting busier each day nearer to the wedding and I forgot to care about Junhyung. Everytime I managed to sneak out some time to go to Yoseob’s place to at least see him, he’s never there. Yoseob told me that he’s busy with work, promotions, tours and everything else. It seemed quite strange to me since he was never this busy when I used to spend time with him. But I guess his busy period as an idol came up now or he just doesn’t want to see me anymore. Yoseob and Hyerin decided to get married the same day as me and Wooyoung. One, my mum doesn’t want to waste on two weddings and two, she said Yoseob and Hyerin has been waiting for so long and she thought that its better to get them married as soon as possible. They are also graduating so I think it’s a good idea too.

 

The four of us were busy writing names of guests on our invitation cards in my living room one afternoon. I was thinking of other friends and relatives to invite when the name popped into my head.

“Erm.. Yoseob-ah, is your cousin, coming?” I asked, hoping he’ll get the message. His expression was quite blur but then got the message eventually.

“Oh I don’t think so noona. He said he might be going to America on that day,” he said and pouted his lips to the side. My face dropped hearing that he won’t be there. I just nodded although I wanted to ask something more. I have to wait until Wooyoung is not around. as if he read my mind, his phone rang.

“Ah I have to get this. Do you mind if I..“ he said pointing to the kitchen.

“Yeah sure. I don’t mind,” I said smiling. He smiled and left a peck on my cheek before walking to the kitchen to pick up his call. After making sure he was really talking on the phone, I turned to Yoseob who was already expecting me to ask something.

“When will he be back?” I asked.

He shrugged. “I’m not sure. He’s there for a concert or showcase I think. He said he wanted to have a short holiday while he’s there. Maybe about a week?” I just nodded, looking at the cards on my hand. So he’s not going to be there. At my wedding.

 

SUBSCRIBE &&COMMENT! ^^ 

Next chapter will be the last! :)))

WOOHOO!! One more subscriber to 140!! :DD