FINAL

Wanted: Perfect Husband

Junhyung’s POV

I packed my things the night before my flight and made sure everything was in place. Usually Yoseob would be my checklist but since he was busy with his wedding the next day, I wouldn’t want to disturb him. I felt bad for not getting to be there on my only cousin’s wedding but I just couldn’t see Hyuna walking down the aisle, smiling to the guy that is.. well.. not me. Yoseob said countless of times that he understand my situation and told me that it was okay. Of course, Yoseob being Yoseob, he told me to get a really expensive wedding present while I’m in America.

After checking my bag for the tenth time, I went to my desk to check my passport. My eyes went to the letter and necklace on top of it instead. I let out a small sorrow smile before taking my passport.

 

Hyuna’s POV

Well the day is finally here. My wedding day. Honestly, I’m not really ready but its now or never. Soon, I’m going to be someone’s wife. Jang Wooyoung’s wife. I still remember my negative perception on marriages and how Yong Junhyung succeeded in changing that into something more positive. Although I feel extremely happy having met Mr Perfect in my life, my heart still aches thinking that I’ve lost Junhyung. Maybe forever.

I took a shower, had breakfast and waited for the wedding stylist to arrive. The villa that Yoseob’s parents had rented for us was really big and extremely grand. We were having our wedding reception at the open rooftop garden just beside the villa. The white roses, silk table cloth and sparkling chandelier lights really brightened up the mood of the wedding, making it look like heaven on earth.

I was checking my dress being alone in the room while the other guests had arrived. Hyerin was in the other room beside mine. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. I looked up and Yoseob stepped in the room, smiling.

“I thought you’re not supposed to see the bride before the wedding,” I .

“I’m not your groom noona.. By the way you look amazing!” he commented.

I grinned shyly. “Thank you Yoseob-ah..”

“Anyway, someone’s here to see you,” he said, opening the door wider. I just smiled and waited for the ‘someone’ to come in. Junhyung walked in. my smile faded slowly. Mixed emotions came to me all at once; shocked, happy, surprised, sad, everything.

“Hi,” he said simply and smiled. I just looked at him. I really don’t know what to say.

“I guess I’ll leave you two alone,” Yoseob said and walked out, closing the door. Junhyung turned slightly and locked the door.

“Don’t worry, Yoseob helped me sneak in so Wooyoung didn’t see me,” he said calmly. I loosened up slightly from my frozen position when he walked closer to me but still leaving quite a distance from us.

“I thought you couldn’t come,” I spoke my first words.

He smiled. “Yeah I couldn’t. I only came to give you this,” he said and handing me a long pinkish rectangular envelope. I took it and looked at him with a quizzical look.

“It’s a letter if you’re wondering.” He chuckled.

“You don’t say..” I rolled my eyes.

“Read it whenever. Just not now, infront of me,” he said. He took a step closer. Now he was already really near me that I could almost feel his breath.

“Congratulations Kim Hyuna. I wish you much happiness in your marriage,” he whispered. The look in his eyes made my heart beat faster. It was sweet, soft and with a tinge of sorrow.

“Can I ask you one last favour before you become someone else’s?” he said carefully. I nodded briefly, not tearing my gaze from him.

“Can I kiss you?” he asked innocently. My dear heart, please don’t beat any faster. You go any faster and I might just faint. And this is so not the time to faint.

I pursed my lips slightly and nodded slowly. His eyes went down to my lips and he placed his right hand gently at the back of my neck, pulling my head closer. His lips touched mine immediately and it was like the sweetest thing I’ve ever tasted. I know I’ve kissed him before, but it wasn’t the same. I closed my eyes, just feeling his lips against mine. He my bottom lip slightly and on it before slipping his tongue into my mouth. The kiss was painfully slow but both of us were cherishing every second of it. He tasted every part of my mouth as if trying to remember every inch of it. Soon, he broke the kiss, pulling away slowly and opened his eyes slowly. We panted lightly and his hand slowly left my neck. He stepped back and smiled.

“You look beautiful by the way. Like a princess,” he said with a sincere smile and opened the door. Soon he was gone. I looked at the envelope in my hand and sat at the dressing table. I took out the letter and unfolded it with care.

 

Dear Hyuna,

Your search for the Perfect Husband has finally come to an end. There were a lot of bad experiences that you had to go through and I’m glad to be the one you shared them with. Remember when we first met? If you don’t, let me refresh your memory. I took you to some Thai movie and we agreed upon that movie to be just like that. We don’t care about what the other say and it won’t affect us one bit. Do you remember what happened in the movie? Yup. The guy fell for the girl in the end. Unfortunately he was rejected right? Now I know how the guy felt when you told me you had found your Mr Perfect.

Yes Kim Hyuna. Me, Yong Junhyung, had fallen in love with you. Nothing about that matters now. I just thought I have to tell you this. I know I won’t mess up your mind because you don’t love me back. I hold onto no grudges towards you neither do I have to regret anything now that I’ve told you. Seeing that we cannot be friends anymore because you don’t want Wooyoung to know about me- for some reasons that I trust you with- our relationship won’t change after this confession. I won’t lose you because I already did. Seems paradoxical doesn’t it?

I will cherish the memories I had with you. I will always remember your laugh, your smile, your punches, your kisses,.. Those memories are only for me to remember and for your to replace it with new memories with Wooyoung. I’ll try to move on and find someone else to love but it will take me quite some time because I don’t fall in love easily. Pray for me Hyuna. Pray that I will forget my love for you soon.

If you see in the envelope, there’s a necklace. It was meant for you when I wanted to confess but a little too late. I wanted to throw it or sell it but I didn’t have the heart to. I told Yoseob to do it instead but he gave me back in the end. That kid.. -.- So I guess I’ll just give it to the real owner of the necklace: you. Do whatever you want with it. Sell, throw, burn, bury. Its yours now.

Lastly I congratulate you on your wedding and sorry for not being able to be there to see you walk down that aisle. I love you.

P.S: Remember to burn this letter after you read it. I can’t risk it having in the hands of others’. Keke.

Junhyung

 

By the time I got to the end of the letter, I was already tearing up. Pabo. Why didn’t you confess earlier? I was waiting Junhyung. I really was waiting. When you didn’t say anything, I thought I was in a one-sided love. Clearly, I’m not.

I tried to hold back more tears but failed terribly. There was a knock at the door and mum came in. I looked at her with teary eyes.

“Omo what happened? Honey, are you okay?” she asked as she hurried over to me, closing the door.

She bent slightly and wiped my tears carefully with a tissue. I know for sure my makeup was ruined.

“Omma.. ottoke… ottoke?..” I said softly. Mum just looked at me confused.

 

1 week later…

Junhyung’s POV

I dragged myself into the empty house after parking my bike outside. Yoseob’s house has become mine now. His parents bought him a new house since he’s married and they don’t want to throw me out. I’m really grateful to my uncle and aunt. I don’t know how I could ever repay them for their kindness.

I threw my bag carelessly on the couch that missed and landed on the floor before collapsing onto the couch. The flight back to Seoul was really long and tiring. Now all I want to do is sleep. My phone rang just as I was about to close my eyes. I frowned and looked at the caller id. Yoseob.

“What?”

“Yah why so serious? You just got home?” he asked.

“Yeah. I want to sleeeeeep. Go and enjoy your honeymoon or whatsoever thing you need to do with Hyerin,” I said.

He chuckled “I’m just checking hyung. Okay okay. I won’t disturb you. Happy sleeping!” he said happily and hang up. That kid is already married but still acts like a child.

Just as I was about to shut my eyes again, there was a knock at the door. Urghh!!! Can’t I get some sleep??

I sat up and stomped to the door unhappily. I swing opened the door and shouted without even looking at the visitor.

“I WANT TO SLEEP!!!”

I got no response so I opened my eyes and looked at the visitor. I blinked a few times and widened my eyes slightly seeing the visitor.

“Sorry for disturbing you,” Hyuna said, biting on her lower lip.

“Oh no no. Its fine. I was just a bit tipsy,” I said, shaking my head.

“Can I come in?” she asked.

“I don’t know. Can you?” I smiled.

She rolled her eyes. “May I come in?” I chuckled and let her in.

“I heard you just got back,” she said, sitting on the couch.

“Yeah. You?” I asked.

“Me?”

“Did you just get back from your honeymoon?” I asked.

“Oh.” She chuckled softly. I’m guessing she’s embarrassed that she forgot.

“Where did you go?” I asked.

“Home,” she simply said.

“Huh?”

“What?”

“You went home for your honeymoon?” I raised an eyebrow.

She chuckled cutely again and covered her face with both her hands. And that’s when I noticed it.

“Where’s your.. ring?” She didn’t look up from her palms so I had to pull her hands gently from her face and look at her curiously.

“Hyuna?” My eyebrows ceased in the middle.

“Oh I forgot to tell you. I didn’t get married!” she said happily as if it was nothing big. I still couldn’t register the information in my head and just stared at her.

“Hello?? Did you hear what I said?” she said, snapping her fingers infront of my face. I held her wrists with both my hands.

“You.. didn’t.. you didn’t.. get married?” She nodded.

“Why?”

“How can I get married when my groom is in America!” she pouted. I blinked a few times.

She grinned and took out the pendant on the necklace that she was wearing. It was the necklace I gave her. “Next time, can you man up and confess a little earlier? I was waiting for ages!” She threw her arms in the air. Am I dreaming? Am I too sleepy that I dream this? Somebody pinch me now!!

Seeing that I was still frozen and speechless, she slapped my face. It was hard and stinging.

“Oww!!” I yelped in pain, holding onto my cheek.

“Oh I’m so so sorry! I didn’t think it would hurt a lot..” she apologized quickly and caressed my cheek with care. I held on her hand that was on my cheek.

“So you really didn’t get married?” I asked.

“Asked one more time and I swear I’ll slap you again Yong Junhyung,” she said. I covered my other cheek with my other hand. She chuckled.

A smile slowly crept out from my mouth. I couldn’t believe it. The girl I love, loves me back. And I’m not dreaming!

“But.. I’m not perfect,” I said softly.

“Sometimes.. the perfect one may not be right for you but the right one is perfect for you.”

 

 

 

 

 

EPILOGUE

 

“Yah Yong Junhyung! You better give me back my milkshake! Its mine!!!”

“You’ve finished yours seconds ago baby! This is mine!” Junhyung shouted back, hugging his milkshake close to his chest. Both of them went around the dining table on opposite sides while Hyuna was trying to get ‘her’ milkshake from him.

“No! Its mine! You took mine!” Hyuna pouted and crossed her arms. Her cheeks puffed out and her bangs covering almost half of her eyes made her even cuter. Junhyung couldn’t help but give in although the milkshake really was his. Hyuna had been eating a lot these days and he don’t even know why. Its like she just grown an extra stomach.

“Okay okay.. Here’s your milkshake baby..” Junhyung said, giving her the milkshake and caressing her soft cheek, smiling at her. Hyuna grinned widely and took big sips of the shake. Junhyung just chuckled and her hair while she drank without taking a breath.

“Baby, don’t you think you’ve been eating rather a lot these days?” Junhyung said.

“Ahni. I’m just hungry. Junhyung…..” she whined. “I feel like eating Oreo cheesecake! Can we go to the café please?” she pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

“Yah! You just ate the ultimate sized meal and you also took part of mine. Now you want cheesecake? Is there life in your stomach??” Junhyung said with wide eyes, pointing to her stomach.

Hyuna was about to say something back when they both realized something from what Junhyung said.

“Are you….”

“No I’m not! Can’t be!” Hyuna said quickly.

“Why not? We’re married aren’t we? Isn’t it normal??” he defended.

“But… It can’t be that fast, can it?” she asked nervously. As soon as those words left , she felt a sudden lump rising up . Hyuna covered and ran to the bathroom, shoving the empty milkshake cup on Junhyung’s chest. Junhyung heard gagged sounds from the bathroom as he catch up to her. His jaw dropped open but slowly being replaced by a sheepish lopsided smile.

 

 

~END~

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS FIC TILL THE VERY END!! I hope you guys aren't disappointed with the ending though. :) This had been an njoyable for me to write and your comments always keeps me going! :)) I feel sad for wanting to end it but it has to end sooner or later. :) Thank you again and I LOVE YOU GUYSS!!! :DDD

I'll be back after 2 months! Wait for me! :D