Chapter 6

The Enigmatic Pieces

 

What he found inside was probably the most terrifying thing he has ever seen...

 



 
No one's POV

 
Dongwoon froze for a moment. Trying hard to consume the scene before his eyes. What he can see but he can't believe. He finally able to compose himself and started to run towards the girl who's screaming at the corner of the room. When he reached her he could see a pool of blood surrounds her, her blood. She's wearing the school's uniform, indicating that she's also a student here. He then bent down, trying to ease the screaming girl.
 
"Hey, hey it's okay, i'm also a student here, it's okay.", he hugged the girl, who's now struggling in his embrace and just kept on screaming.
 
"What.. happened?", dongwoon tried to sound as calm as he can with the sight of blood in front of him.
 
The scream has finally quiet down and turned into sob, until there was no more sound heard. Dongwoon who was focusing on something else in the room finally realized that the girl has no longer making any sound.
 
" you son dongwoon!", he cursed himself.
 
He quickly got up and carried the girl in his arms. He get out from the room and run as fast as his feet can take him.
 
Gasps and surprise looks can be seen on the student's faces when Dongwoon run past them with the girl in his arm. Ignoring all the mumbling and the look they're giving him, he just ran with all his might towards the school's sick bay.

 



 
"Son Dongwoon what happened?! Gwaenchana??", doojoon ran towards dongwoon who was sitting outside the operation room, spacing out to who knows where.
 
After he reached the sick bay that afternoon, the school nurse quickly called an ambulance and brought the girl to a hospital with dongwoon following behind. The doctor said she needed to be operated immediately or worse.
 
 

Flashback
 
Dongwoon's pov
 
I stared at my now covered in blood hands. The school nurse had told me before that i need to clean this hand so she can make sure whether im hurt too or not. But i know that im not, its all hers, the blood, so i just smiled at her and kept quiet.
 
I still can't get the image out of my head. The scene that i've just saw earlier was just too much to handle. And the writing, the writing that was on the wall when i got in there, the writing on the wall that somehow i feel was meant for me. Not to mention, the fact that i know that those writing were written in blood, and if im not wrong, her blood...
 
God!! Maybe that teddy bear girl brings bad luck after all! But... if it wasnt for her, nobody would have known that she, the girl i've just found, was there, in that very room, dying.
 
Ahh!! Molla!! Molla!! I ruffled my hair anxiously.
 
"What happened?", i heard the principal's voice.
 
I lifted my head up and saw him running towards us... with no one else following behind him. He supposed to bring her parents! Why the hell is he alone??
 
"Sir, where are her parents? Why did you come alone??", i stood up and asked him directly as soon as he reached us.
 
"Dongwoon haksaeng.", mrs. shin the school nurse scolded me softly.
 
"Forgive me sir, i was just..", i slumped back to the chair. I didn't mean to be impolite, its just, you know.. family is what you need at time like this..
 
"It's okay, i understand.", he took a sit beside me, "Can you tell me what happened son dongwoon?"
 
I just shook my head slowly and kept on looking down. "Forgive me sir.", i mumbled softly.
 
"Don't worry, just tell me when you're ready.", he patted my back and got up from the seat.
 
End of flashback
 


No one's POV
 
"Yah..", doojoon called again, taking the sit beside him.
 
"Oh hyung..", dongwoon finally noticed his presence and turned his head, "What are you doing here?", he asked in daze.
 
"Neon gwaenchana? The principal called me, im your legal guardian remember, what happened dongwoon-ah?", doojoon put his arms around dongwoon's shoulders and rubs it softly.
 
"Ahh.. right.. dont worry hyung, gwaenchana.", dongwoon forced a smile and look away.
 
Doojoon knows what to do, he knows what kind of guy dongwoon is, he knows he wont get anything out of him in this kind of situation, so he just returned the smile and excused himself to go to the washroom.
 

Dongwoon's pov
 
Mianhae hyung, its not that i dont accept you as my legal guardian, im quite glad actually when the courts took that decision, you're like a family to me, my own older brother, but i still cant get over the fact that i have no parents anymore, that they both are gone, that they cant be right here to tell me everything's going to be alright anymore, and the fact that it has been really hard for me to find my voice after what happened this afternoon, the writings on the wall, the girl.. the sight of blood.. the blood that reminded me of my parent's, so please, forgive me hyung.
 

No One's POV
 
"Son dongwoon haksaeng.", mr. lee, the school principal called him, "Can you come with me for a second."
 
Dongwoon got up from his sit and followed behind him.
 
"What is it sir?", he asked as soon as they stopped.
 
"I see you still havent wash your hand yet.", the principal smiled a little.
 
"Ah right.. i forgot.", dongwoon half smiled.
 
"Anyway thats not the reason i called you here.", dongwoon nods slightly.
 
"That girl, the one that you saved, she... she didnt attend our school.  The name on her uniform that you gave me showed up for someone else's face instead. I've searched again but there's still no record of her in the school database, none, nothing. I gave her description to some of the students, and they said they never saw her either. I already called the police, they are on their way here right now, but mr. son..",
 
"Yes.. sir..?", dongwoon's voice can hardly be heard, his head is still trying to process all the information he got from the principal just now.
 
"Do you, by any means know who this girl is? Or have you ever seen her before in the school?", mr. lee asked with a deep voice.
 
"N..No sir...", dongwoon stuttered, feeling like a fool for realizing this important fact so lately.
 
"Very well then, you can go back now. By the way, I already told the police all the things i know over the phone, which you know is not much, they are hoping you can tell them all the details later, could you do that? Don't worry, if you can't...",
 
"Don't worry sir.., i'll tell them ...everything they need to know by the time comes.", dongwoon nodded towards the man and walked away.
 

Doojoon's POV
 
I was at an important meeting when the principal called. Then again, just by saying dongwoon name without needing any further explanation from him i left the meeting hall right away.
 
Poor kid, it hasnt even been a month since his parents tragic death, and now, this. Its all just too much for a 16 years old kid too handle you know, hell even if its for an adult its still too much. The others won't be as much as pleased to hear this either.
 
Ah! Right! The others!
 
"Doojoon hyung..", i turned my head and saw him walking towards me, "Don't tell the others about this, i dont want them to be worried.", was i saying that out loud?
 
"But..", his eyes.. "Arraseo, i won't tell them", i locked my phone and put it back in to my pocket.
 
He smiled at me slightly and took the seat beside me.
 
Dongwoon-ah, my little brother, what happened to you? where did those smiles go? where did happy dongwoon go? why are you showing those kind of expressions? My heart aches seeing you like this woonie-ah.
 

No one’s POV
 
Doojoon was stealing glances at dongwoon, still worrying about the latter, until suddenly he heard the operation room’s door opened and the red light turned off.
 
The first thing he saw coming out was a gurney whom the nurses are pushing out of the room. The operation failed, the girl is now laying on top of that hospital bed, lifeless.. dead.
 

Dongwoon's POV
 
I got up immediately after i saw the light turned off, but.. the first thing that came out... it wasn't  the scene i'm expecting to see, neither nor ready to face.
 
I can feel my legs trembling, hell my whole body is. The white sheet thats covering the body of who's laying on top of the gurney, the sign that the person laying there is no longer breathing.. the sign that she's dead..
 
"Wh... wha.. what..", again, my voice has betrayed me.
 
"She suffered a blunt force trauma to the head, a couple of stabbed wounds on her torso, and her right hand was also cut down, she lost too much blood, i'm sorry to say that she was dead before she even had the chance to reach the hospital. We've tried our best, I'm sorry we couldn't save her.", the doctor save me all the talking and nodded.
 
"B.. bbu.. but..", was i too slow? was it my fault she's dead? What if it is mine?
 

No one's POV
 
The doctor nodded his head towards the fours and walked away, with the nurses following behind him, taking the body with them to the morgue.
 
"Wa.. Wait!", dongwoon shouted after them, "Can.. i..?", he reached out his trembling hand and the doctor nodded.
 
He pull the sheet slowly, revealing the girl's face as he does it, and then he stopped. It is her, the girl he was holding in his arms just hours before. The color on her face has all drowned down, leaving only the color blue behind.
 
In that moment of staring, he notices a scar on the left side of the girl's shoulder, some kind of , like a scarred tattoo.
 

Dongwoon's POV
 
I reached out my index finger and touched it. This kind of scar, this i've seen it somewhere before, the exact same kind of at the exact same place, no.. not a , this is a symbol.. yeah this is a symbol,  but where? Where did i see this kind of symbol before?
 
 


 

A/N: We've meet again kekeke, here you go the new chappie x)) ahhh right btw, i changed the description but i will tell here too, some capter might be rated for violence later hehe but dont it woul be the only mature content in the stroy x) oh! oh! and i erase the teaser at the 5th chapter, cause you know, it doesnt fit in anywhere so xD enough rattling, HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPPIE x)

 

AND MAY THE ODD BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR ^^