Feeling Green

Waiting for Amber
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo is never jealous. But it all changed when his heart saw Amber.

 

Amber Josephine Liu. The one he is waiting for.

 

The bus slowly rolls into a halt, much to his chagrin. His time with her is about to end and once again, he has to share her with the whole school. Despite his good looks and charm, her popularity beats his hands down.

 

Unfair. He is the one who patiently waited for Monday to come, the most. He should spend the most time with her too, he selfishly thought. But even he knows it is not possible, for Amber draws people to her like a magnet. And she welcomes the attention. After all, Amber is not a snob.

 

Her strength and independence make her a heroine among females while her simplicity and adventurous nature captivate the males. The latter annoys him to no end. But he can't do anything about it. For like any other guy, he has no claim.

 

Her boyish nature has fooled some but not him. Females are no threat. Amber is every inch a girl whose cheeks color at the sight of one frustratingly handsome college guy - Henry Lau. The knowledge is both comforting and disturbing.

 

The fact that they are both Taiwanese - or him being half Taiwanese - aggravates him even more. Does she prefer Taiwanese over Korean? Is nationality a major factor in choosing a boyfriend for her? Will her parents like Henry more because they are friends with his parents?

 

 

A warm hand in his arm shakes him out of his misery and a pair of dazzling hazel eyes looks inquiringly at him.

 

"What's with the scowl?" She asks, pointing at his previously-scowling-now-flustered face.

 

"I..it's nothing," he turns away as he feels the heat spreading from his neck to his ears.

 

Her hands move down to his. "Your fists are clenched," she tells him. And he immediately relaxes them.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter