Chapter Two - Without Lee Chaerin

Retribution

 

Taeyeon’s men suddenly dispersed, revealing a petite lady whom suddenly wrapped her arms around his waist, placed her face on his back, and soothingly said, “Everyone who made a mistake should be taught a lesson, you know, the government is just doing their job. Don’t worry too much; she isn’t going to die anyway. She’ll probably meet another man in the US and…”

Before her ramblings could end, JungSu spun around and exclaimed, “Shut up, you… you… inhuman person! She will NEVER do that! And you know it! Why did you do it? Why?”

His anger slowly dissipated away, replacing with another wave of sadness. He placed the little one into the stroller and glared at Taeyeon, a drop of tear evident at the tip of his eye.

“Why? You’re asking ME why? All this IS for you! All of ME is for YOU! Everything I do is all for YOU! I love you, JungSu oppa, since our high school days. Why did you leave me?”

“F…for me?” He croaked.

“Yes, come, a growing boy needs a mother”, she smiled at him and turned towards Seunghyun who was staring at the scene from the stroller, his little mouth agape.

“It’s alright, he… he has m…me” he stammered. How is the poor boy going to grow with his mom imprisoned, and a working father?

“And how are you going to support him?” she asked, her tome hinting of authority.

“I’ll have my own ways, now leave me alone,” he mustered up his strength and walked off, leaving Taeyeon with her arms crossed.

“He is mine, no matter what”, she whispered under her breath.

 

The following day, Jungsu went to work, bringing Seunghyun along. However, Jungsu’s boss could no longer bear with Seughyun’s persistent crying.

“How dare you bring a kid here? Make him shut up or I will kick the both of you out!” the boss shrieked at Jungsu who was cradling Seunghyun to stop him from crying.

“So...Sorry, I.. I don’t kn…know why... why he’s crying,” Jungsu replied, his eyes fixed on his crying boy as he his back slowly and soothingly.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? Pack your things and GET OUT!”  The boss yelled at Jungsu.

“Please don’t fire me please. Seunghyun, appa is here, shhh,”

“I’ll take care of him” a female voice was heard.

“Ah, you must be Mrs Kim. Please do, your husband can hardly focus on his work, my company will suffer a loss from that.”

“She’s not my…”

“Shut up, give it to her and continue your work. Or you will lose your job!” he seethed.

Jungsu unwillingly placed Seunghyun into Taeyeon’s welcoming arms. She smiled at the little one and sang lullabies while cradling him. He’s crying then stopped into sobs as he drifted off to sleep.

“Finally the kid’s shut up, Jungsu, get back to work.”

“I’ll stay at the pantry.”

“Good job Mr Lee, Thank you. Here is your reward,” she handed him an envelope filled with cash.

“My pleasure Ms Kim.”

Jungsu stared agape at Taeyeon’s success, Taeyeon’s words ‘a growing boy needs a mother’ was ringing in his ears. Yes, I know I cannot take care of him alone. He needs a motherly care and attention.

Jungsu proceeded work with apprehension until he got off work. But to his shock, Seunghyun is no longer there. Neither is Taeyeon. But then he saw a folded paper atop an envelope with his name written in red.

PARK JUNGSU-OPPA <3

IF YOU LOVE BABY SEUNGHYUN, SIGN BOTH DOCUMENTS. IF NOT, YOU WILL NEVER SEE SEUGHYUN AND CHAERIN AGAIN. AND YOU KNOW I’LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.

He fumbled with envelope and poured the contents out on the table top.

Two documents were found.

“OFFICIAL CHANGE OF IDENTITY”

And

“CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE”

“WHAT? NO!” Jungsu exclaimed. But my baby, my wife, my everything will hurt if I don’t.

He fished out a pen from his pocket as beads of perspiration started to form on his forehead.

‘Click’

I can’t do it.

‘Click’

Images of giggling baby Seunghyun in Chaerin’s arms mouthing “Appa” and “Umma” for the first time filled his clouded mind.

It is now clear what he has to do. He clicked the pen one last time. With quivering hands, he left his mark at the appropriate areas while mumbling.

I’m truly truly sorry Yeobo. This is for you and our son. I love you.

 

 


    

Hello! So here's our new second chappie :)

The 'click' is actually the clicking of a ballpoint pen like these. :)

You know, the part where Jungsu stammered before he scolded Taeyeon earlier in this story? "You..you... inhuman person!"

He should have said something worse. But you see, the little one may hear and its not good to use such words in their presence:)

So we made Jungsu a good Appa heheXD

COMMENTS ARE LOVED<3    

~Nureesha