Our Time: Final part.

Many oneshots: 'Cause it's love ❤

 

How I miss you.

 

 

I’ve been so alone.

It’s been so hard without you.

 

At first, she just past by like a blurry vision as he wandered through the crowd. It wasn’t until he heard her angelic, sweet voice that it made him realized and turned to face her in amazement.

 

“You silly little dumpling,” she tutted as she cleaned up the dark stain that was rapidly sinking into the white material of the little girl’s dress. The small girl gave a tiny giggle before continuing to enjoy her triple-chocolate ice cream that was covered in rainbow sprinkles.

 

Her name rolled off his tongue in a question as if to make sure it was her. She looked up to who called her name and instantly her vision narrowed to the smart looking guy who took off his shades and was staring at her in disbelief. 

 

His name left her trembling lips in a whisper as she noticed who he was. Words were being loosely formed from but she had no idea what to say or where to start from. A small smile curved around his lips before he slides back on his shades, hoping no one around them noticed who he was.

 

“How...how are you? How have you been?” he asked nervously and waited anxiously for her reply. 

 

“I’ve been-erm, I’ve been good. Busy but good,” her voice rung through his ears like a chain of soft bells. How he missed her voice; her smile and her kisses. “Yourself? How’s the shows? I saw you in one of the Japanese dramas and you did a great job.”  Her pleased look still couldn’t hide the sadness that was shield behind that mask she was hiding behind. He could see right through her and it pained him even more, remembering that fateful day when he should have done something to stop her from leaving.

 

“Thanks, it’s...going well. We’re just giving ourselves a small break from it all,” he answered back. They could feel the small tension in the air but chose to ignore it.

 

“That’s great, breaks are needed in that type of...business,” she gave another one of her small smiles that he missed dearly and that just made him want to pull her into a tight embrace that he longed to do since the moment he saw her.   

 

I’ve regretted everything since that day.

It’s never been the same without you.

 

Just then the little girl who stood by her side quietly tugged at her jeans for attention. She looked down and discovered that the ice cream had now leaked down the cone, past the little girl’s arm and made a squiggly path down to the ground.

 

“Ah! Please remind me next time to bring a whole box of tissues for you,” she jokingly said to her as she again wiped the ice cream stains off her arm and most of what she could get out of the dress. The toddler giggled as she lightly tapped the tissue onto her little nose in a playful manner.

 

“She looks just like you,” he told her and instantly she was frozen on the spot. It took her a few seconds to compose herself again before turning back to face him and lifted the little girl into her arms snuggly. 

 

“Really? People usual say she looks like her father more,” She could see his body go tense when she mentioned the little girl’s father. He stood there, jealous of how happy the two were, laughing and squealing in front of him. 

 

Is this what I could have had? He wondered solemnly to himself. If he had reminded her back then that he would never leave her, never love anyone else but her, would they still be together? If he told her that nothing else mattered apart from her, would she still have distant herself away from him? If he held her instead of letting her walk away on that day, would she have the strength to still leave him?

 

Nothing pained him more than having her leave and now seeing the two in front of him, filled with complete happiness of being in each other’s arms. 

 

She still couldn’t believe that he was right in front of her. Was she imaging things? It just didn’t seem real seeing him in flesh rather than on a poster, in drama programs or on the music channels. Seeing him now just brings back all those memories, she tried to smile remembering them but also remembering that day just stopped her.

 

She was stupid for not trying and giving up on them when he didn’t want to but, they were still young and she didn’t think she could handle it. What would have happened if she stayed with him? Would she be losing her mind every time a group of screaming girls ran towards her boyfriend? Would she be able to restrain herself and stay calm through it all? Would they have a life together after he debuted? 

 

There was not a day that had past that she hasn’t thought about him. Thinking if he was doing fine for his training then when he debuted, if he was getting enough sleep and if he was overworking himself. And the other question she would always hate to think about; had he found another girl to replace her?

 

I’ve missed you so much.

Do you ever think about me?

 

The small toddler playfully squished her holder’s cheeks and spoke in the most cheerful voice,

 

“It’s daddy!” She lowered her arms as the toddler sprung out of her arms in deep joy. He turned around and saw a familiar guy holding his arms out as the little girl leaped into him. Another woman had appeared next to the father and spoke to the toddler,

 

“Did you behave today? Oh goodness! You’re covered in chocolate!” The lady gazed at girl’s dress in dismay.

 

“This is oppa and hyeongsu (sister-in-law),” she introduced her family to him as she stood beside him. He was completely bewildered but there was a sign of relief on his face as he heard those words.

 

“Nice to meet you,” he greeted the couple before they returned the favor. 

 

“Well, we better go and leave you two alone,” her hyeongsu gave a sly wink at her before pulling her husband away and told her daughter to say ‘bye’ before they strolled off passing the next set of traffic lights.

 

Awkward silence filled the air as she was embarrassed by what her hyeongsu just said and she prayed that he didn’t see her sly smile and wink.

 

“Let’s go somewhere I haven’t been in a while,” he suggested which had her puzzled as he pulled her along the streets, wondering where they were headed to. They escaped the busy streets and finally ended up in a quiet suburb area. It wasn’t long before she noticed it was the street where they both use to live. As they walked along the pavement, they finally ended up at the small park that they went to when they were in high school. 

 

Nothing had changed. The sand pit had a few buckets and spades left in it, there was still a big blue slide that had monkey bars joined to it. In the back corner of the park was an area partly shaded by the overgrown trees and under it was the two swings. Luckily the seats were still intact however the chains had already began to rust but still looked sturdy enough for them to sit on.

 

He sat down on his swing and she followed by sitting on hers. They sat there peacefully, hearing the birds chirping high above them in the trees and a few kids playing tag around the blue slide.

 

“Do you remember that night when we came here?” he finally broke the silence between them, waiting patiently for her to remember their conversation they had on that starry, beautiful night. 

 

“Yes, I do.” She gave a weak, broken smile as she reminisced about the conversation they had whilst sitting on the swings they were on.

 

“Do you remember my exact words?” she could feel the pain in his voice and looked over to see him utterly distraught looking deep into her eyes. She bit her bottom lip anxiously, knowing where he was going with the conversation.

 

“Yes, but-we...it wouldn’t have...” she stumbled around her words, trying to find the correct words that wouldn’t hurt him but even that might be a bit too late. They were both deeply hurt on that day and still are.

 

“What wouldn’t have? How would you know if we wouldn’t last when you never gave us a chance?” He was getting more upset and irritated by the minute and that just fueled on her anger because he failed to understand her reasons for letting go.

 

“Because I know it wouldn’t have worked! I would turn out to be the one holding you back! Once you debuted, you wouldn’t need me anymore, and you would find someone better! I would just rather have us end it then than later, because I know I wouldn’t be able to handle it if I fell deeper in love with you.” Tears had finally erupted from her eyes and she just couldn’t stop them from flowing out. Her hands covered her face as she cried softly to herself, she couldn’t hear him get off the swing and got in front of her.

 

Lightly, he peeled both of her hands away from her face and held her hands tightly. He whispered her name to get her attention since she turned her head to the side, trying to avoid his gaze.

 

“Please, just look at me,” he pleaded and she finally gave in and looked at him as another tear escaped and made its way down her cheek. “You have no idea how much it destroyed me seeing you with your oppa’s daughter. Thinking she was your own and that I was too late to find you. Too late to say how much I loved you and still do.” 

 

“You...you what?” She stared at him in confusion, wondering if she heard correctly. He reached into his collar and pulled his necklace out from under the shirt. Hanging on the necklace as accessories was two simply designed silver rings, one which was slightly smaller. A small gasp escaped her lips as she gazed back and forth between the rings and him. 

 

“I’ve had these two rings since that night we came to this park. I didn’t know when was the best time to give it to you since we were always so busy and there never seem to be a right time. I then planned to give it to you the day before I debuted so whoever saw me on that stage knew that I had that special someone already but...then that happened.” He reached behind his neck and unclasped the necklace. He then grabbed out one of her hands and rest the necklace, with the two rings, in her palm. 

 

“You’re the one for me. You’ve always been the only one for me and I promised to never leave you.” She looked deep into his eyes as he whispered those words so softly into the air between them. She gently picked up the smaller ring and examined it like it was the most precious jewel in the world. 

 

“I...You-” Her heart was racing at such a high speed, she thought it would just burst right out of her ribcage. Am I dreaming? She thought to herself. If it was a dream, she hoped it would never end.

 

“Marry me,” he whispered into her ear, feeling his soft fruity breath on her flushed cheeks. She jolted back with widened eyes as she realised what he had just said.

 

“You’re joking!” She half shouted in his face making him slightly jump in surprise. He then did something she hoped he’d never do in public. He got down on one knee and took the small ring from her with that stupid, cheeky grin he had plaster across his face.

 

“When do I ever joke about these things? Now, my beautiful girlfriend that I’ve met since-” he began but was quickly interrupted by her.

 

“ ‘Ex-girlfriend’, you left the ‘ex’ out,” she corrected him.

 

“No, I don’t need the ‘ex’ part because you just walked away from me when I didn’t even say or agree that it was over between us. So in my heart, you’ve always been my girlfriend,” he stated with that victory smile of his. All she could do was shake her head in dismay, even if deep in her heart she was beyond the word happy. “So! My beautiful girlfriend that I’ve met since the beginning of high school. I’ve loved you wholeheartedly from the moment I set my eyes on you and I never plan to stop. So will you do me the honor of marrying me and become my beautiful wife?” She was about to answer when he added in a few more words.

 

“...And provide me with two daughters and a son.” She gave him a questionable look and moments later, she took a breath and answered him.

 

“...Yes.” The look of delight spread across both of their faces as he slips the ring on her finger and she places the necklace back around his neck that contained his ring. Just when everything was perfect, out of nowhere there was a flash of light and a loud rustling sound coming from the side.

 

“Ready to make a run for it?” he whispered. A light tingle shot down her spine in excitement. He wrapped his hand tightly around hers and she gave him that loving smile that he waited for so long before planting a loving kiss on his lips.

 

“I love you,” they whispered to each other before making a run for it. 

 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

So this story is now finish! Yes I went completely overboard and made it overly dramatic and cheesy >.< but I couldn't help myself xD hope you readers enjoyed this story as much as I enjoed writing it :) please do leave a comment and tell me what you think! 

 

I'll upload the next short story poster in the weekend since I didn't think I would finish this story this soon! :)