Childhood of Joonhae

Lifeless

I was 3 years old back then. I didn’t know how, but I was kidnapped by some men and they ran away. Fortunately, the police caught the men and took them to jail.

“Little girl, what’s your name?” the police asked me politely.

“Joonhae.” I said

“Do you remember where your house is?”

“Ani.”

The police sighed. “Sir, we can’t do anything. She’s only 3 years old. We don’t know her parents or her address.”

So they ended up by putting me in a foster home. I felt mad because I thought that my parents didn’t search for me. Several months later, I was adopted. The family only had a son which younger than me by 2 years. They had a big house and full of love. I felt warm there. I finally found my family. I spent 14 years in my life. Until, I had my birthday, my 17th birthday, they left me. It was my birthday, we celebrated it in my house. As I was going to blow the candle, my dongsaeng accidentally pushed the table. The birthday cake, which was quite tall was fell. The candle burnt the table cloth. Not only that, the bottle of wine fell also and made the fire bigger. Just like that, the fire already “ate” our house. Appa and umma were running to save themselves. But they remembered that my dongsaeng and I still trapped inside. Appa ran and calling our names. He found us hiding near the big safety box which won’t damaged even it’s burnt. My dongsaeng hardly breathe. I was crying. My appa carried my dongsaeng and he stared at me, “Save yourself, Joonhae-ah.” And left me just like that.

“Mwo?! Appa! Appa! I trust you!” I screamed and crying. And everything was blurred.

I woke up in the hospital. The nurse said I was collapsed because too much inhaling the smoke and told me I had asthma.

“Nurse, who brought me here?”

“Your neighbor. You were lucky, Joonhae-ssi. The fire in your house already died. Your neighbor saw you unconscious and immediately took you here. She already paid your treatment. You may leave the hospital tomorrow. Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Jakkaman. What’s her name?”

“Who?”

“The woman that saved me.”

“Jwesonghamnida. I can’t tell you.” and the nurse left me.

That day, I promised myself that I will live alone but I won’t trust anyone. I don’t care whether people see me that I don’t have a life to live.

 

Sorry for the late update. jeongmal mianhae. i promise i will update faster for the next chapter.