First meeting.

Homophobia.

 

Thirteen years old Jiyeon stared at the picture that framed beautifully ahead her. She sighed quietly; it had been quite some time. She missed her mother, her warmth and love. Eight years, it had been eight years yet her heart was still aching.

 

“Jiyeon, it’s time to go now!” her aunty shouted from downstairs. She was lucky to have her aunty in her life; she filled her life with beautiful flowers and lights yet her hatred from the past cannot be erased.

 

Jiyeon smiled at the picture and headed downstairs with a sigh. She was not ready to go to school; moreover it was her first day going to a new school. She disliked new environment and new faces. She needed time to fit in and it took quite long enough. She wondered if she could survive today.

 

They arrived at the school. The school was unexpectedly beautiful; its fees must be awfully pricey. Somehow, Jiyeon felt sorry for her aunty that she spent more money on her rather than herself.

 

“I told you that you don’t have to send me to such school.” Jiyeon spoke softly while looking out the window. It was obvious that only rich people can afford such privilege school. “Look at those rich kids; they thought they are some kind of special kids, don’t they?”

 

Her aunt smiled at her remarks and patted her head. “Jiyeon darling, I want the best for you and I believe that you will get use with this school and those rich kids. I am sure that they are not what you seen in television.”

 

“I have been growing up watching Disney Channel all day long until it invented my mind and opinions. Just hope my life is not a movie.” Jiyeon joked. She moved forward and kissed her aunt on the cheek. “I love you aunt.”

 

“I love you too darling.”

 

Jiyeon was surrounded by river of students whom had the same purpose as her. It was really sickening. She was trying to search for her class when she accidently bumped into someone.

 

“I’m sorry.” the person apologised. It surprised her that he apologised first instead of her as she was the one whom bumped into him and scattered his things over the black marble tiles.

 

“Actually, I should be the one who should apologise.” She replied, getting on her knees to help him with his stuff. “I’m sorry; I should have looked around me.”

 

“I wouldn’t want to make an enemy on the first day of school, would I?” the boy chuckled after finished picking his things. “I am Im Jaebum.”

 

“Is that the first step to be friends?” Jiyeon joked. She was trying to get along with him by cracking a cold joke. She knew that she will not have many friends as she only had few friends in elementary school but unfortunately, they didn’t attend the same school as her.

 

“I guess?” Jaebum replied, scratching his hair. “I guess bumping each other is the first step so this is the second step.”

 

Jiyeon laughed at his lame joke. He was quite interesting. Perhaps, he would be her first friend.  “I’m Park Jiyeon.”

 

“What a beautiful name,” he praised. “So which class are you in?”

 

Jiyeon suddenly snapped back into her original purpose before bumping him. She looked at the paper that was formerly neat but now had been crumpled by her.

 

“I’m in class 1B,” she replied, showing the piece of paper.

 

“I don’t know if this is a fate or anything but me too.” Jaebum said happily. “It would be fun!”

 

Jiyeon couldn’t help but feel happy that somehow, she managed to be friends with someone whom she only met for less than an hour. She hoped that their friendship would grow as times passed.

 

 

 

A/N : I’m sorry for making you guys waited for such a long time. It been seven months I guess. I’m such a bad person. Lol. Anyways, check out my one-shots.