chapter 3.

Homophobia.

 

 

 

 

“Sunshine, it is time to wake up!” Jiyeon pulled Jaebum’s blanket and smile toothily. “Come on, we are going to be late.”

 

“What the…” Jaebum gasped after he stole a glance at his clock. “It is just 8 in the morning, dear Jiyeon.”

 

“Come on sunshine!” Jiyeon pouted, shaking Jaebum’s body. “It is my birthday.”

 

Jaebum moved to the edge of his bed and dropped his feet on the floor before facing Jiyeon. As soon as he took a look at Jiyeon, his whole life collapsed right away.

 

“Who are you?” Jaebum cried, pointing at Jiyeon. She sighed heavily, this wasn’t the respond she was waiting for.

 

“You look like a clown, escaped clown from mental institution I guess.”

 

Jiyeon smiled at his remarks, she was used to it. However, she was fishing for compliment; she had been spending hours to make herself beautiful.

 

“Girl, have your aunty seen you and how about my mom? Did she see you? She will have a heart attack if she saw you.” Jaebum asked her, snatching few tissues and wipe Jiyeon’s face. “I don’t think you manage to distinguish between the cosmetic you used.”

 

“You look horrible.” Jaebum commented, still wiping off the make-up from Jiyeon’s face and sigh.

 

Jiyeon pushed his hand from her face and fake a crying voice. She had enough of his complained. “I’m trying to impress you and now you told me that I’m horrible.”

 

Jaebum rubbed the back of his neck, feeling helpless in front of the whining Jiyeon. He knew that she was trying to follow the trend nowadays; girls in their school were starting to get involve with all the cosmetic things and of course Jiyeon would feel left out.

 

“You know, you are beautiful without all these make up.” Jaebum told Jiyeon so that she will stop whining. Actually, what he had said was the truth; he truly admired Jiyeon’s bare face, she is perfect that way she is.

 

“I just want to learn about these things.” Jiyeon confessed. “There is no one that I could share with.”

 

It was true anyway; Jiyeon was pretty much a loner. She hanged around Jaebum all the time and he never felt sick of her because he liked it whenever Jiyeon was around him.

 

Jaebum patted Jiyeon’s hair and smiled. “Let’s learn it together.”

 

Jiyeon knew that boy wouldn’t interest in all these cosmetic things but she knew that Jaebum will give in to help her. She knew that Jaebum will always be there whenever she needs something or someone to count on.

 

“By the way, my mom didn’t see you, right?” Jaebum asked again.

 

 

The hall was unusual silence when she walked in, everyone was eyeing on her. Did they notice her make-up? Or did she look horrible?

 

A piece of flier fell upon her shoe and hesitantly she picked it up.

 

 

 

“Don’t touch me!” Jiyeon shouted as Jaebum tried to calm her down. “Don’t touch me!”

 

Tears trickled down Jaebum’s cheek as Jiyeon was trying to avoid his touch. News was spreading like fireworks that he was gay. He couldn’t deny the fact that he is. He thought that Jiyeon would understand him. What he scares of was really happening right now.

 

“Jiyeon, this secret wouldn’t be a hinder to our friendship, right?” Jaebum asked, secretly hoping that she will give the answer he yearned for.

 

Jiyeon could feel that her whole body was shivering uncontrollably. This wasn’t happening to her, she prayed silently. This was just a nightmare. Im Jaebum, her best friend was accused as a homoual and she declared that he was not! However, Im Jaebum … why did he have to tell her otherwise.

 

“One year … let’s erase our memories.” Jiyeon requested coldly, she had to choke back her tears so he wouldn’t see her crying face. “I’m lucky that it was just one year.”

 

What she said struck his heart like lightning, she told him to erase their memories like it is the easiest thing in the world.

 

“Can’t you accept me the way I am?” Jaebum questioned, frustrated. “Park Jiyeon, are you that perfect to judge me on my only mistake?”

 

“Too bad, your only mistake is my only allergic. It’s sickening.” Jiyeon replied weakly, walking past Jaebum. “We’re stranger now.”

 

His heart crushed into pieces. He took a deep breath to calm himself down, holding his hand to his chest. This unbearable pain was hurting him.

 

“Isn’t it better if you lie to me?” Jiyeon sobbed.

 

 

 

A/N : sorry for the late update (: feedback is welcomed.