Destiny

Love is Sweet

It was a down pour outside, despite the fact that it had been so bright and sunny mear minutes ago. Kyuhyun sighed heavily, dragging his feet along with an annoyed expression creasing his features as the rain pounded into him. None of the cabs seemed to want to stop for him, and the next buss wasn't for another hour at the least, so with his hands in his pockets... He attempted to walk the several miles home.

After the first two blocks, he ended up giving up and flopping down onto the dirty street to lean back against the brick wall of an abandoned build. What was the point of getting home anyways, if all that was going to happen when he got there was his landlord yelling and throwing things, demanding this months rent which Kyuhyun sure as hell didn't have. He was tired of it all, the only thing stopping him from truely giving up was the thought of his parents beign disappointed. With another sigh, Kyuhyun blew the rain water from his lips as it ran in rivits down his face and neck, soaking into his clothes. He rested his head back against the bricks and closed his eyes.

Something strangley dry brushed against his arm lightly, warmth spreading threw his whole right side as it shifted again, this time closer. It was strange, really. Kyuhyun could still hear the rain pattering around him, bouncing off the sidewalks and into the puddles in the street, but he defiantly didn't feel any falling on him.

He jerked into conciousness fully and almost instantly and looked around with wide eyes as someone coughed lightly next to him.

"O..oh, I'm sorry. I did not mean to wake you."

A light blush crept up Kyuhyun's cheeks. Surely this man had to have been the prettiest guy he had ever seen, even with his clothes slightly damp from sitting on the ground and his red hair half plastered to his face from the rain. The beautiful stranger shifted the umbrella to keep the rain from hitting Kyuhyun as the wind picked up, his radiant smile not leaving his face for a single second as the water splashed against his exposed body as he sheilded Kyuhyun.

"I... uh... Thanks?" Kyuhyun managed to stutter out. His mind felt boggled, just the sight of this man's smile seemed to wipe his mind clear and leave him incapable of stringing two coherent words together. The blush only grew deeper as the Chinese man giggled, the sound resonating in Kyuhyun's wet and chilled body with a strange warmth in it's wake.

"So cute!!" He said, pinching one of Kyuhyun's cheeks lightly, an action Kyuhyun normally would have never let someone do. But, somehow... he was different. His touch was different and Kyuhyun found himself longing more contact. But alas, the stranger looked out to the street as a car pulled up. "Oh..." He looked someone sad before pulling a pen out of his pocket, "Give me a call when you want to return it, okay?" He said quickly, scribbling his number down onto Kyuhyun's palm. He gave him a wink before jumping up from the ground and straightening out his clothes before taking a couple of strides with his long legs threw the downpour and getting into the taxi.

Kyuhyun sat there in a daze, watching as the yellow taxi disappeared around the corner, wondering what the stranger had been talking about.

It wasn't untill he looked down at the number scrawled on his hand that he realized the stranger had left him with the umbrella.

- - - - -

Kyuhyun sighed, pacing back and forth in front of the phone dock in his small, one bedroom appartment. It was now or never. He looked down at his hand, the marker had long since washed from his skin, but the number was seared into his brain. He couldn't forget it if he wanted to. Not that that was surprising, as he had spent several hours just staring at it, unable to bring himself to wash it off at first.

He grabbed the phone, punching down the numbers quickly and holding it up to his ear.

Riiiiing.

Riiiiiing.

Riii-

"Hello?"

He glumped at the sound of the voice in his ear, his stomach flipping over and his palms growing sweaty.

"Hello?"

Kyuhyun hung up quickly, unable to even answer back. He flopped back onto the couch and pressed a pillow into his face and let out a frustrated scream into the soft material.

He was brought out of his self hating by his phone ringing, and without giving it a second though, he answered it. "Hello?" He mummbled into the receiver.

"Ah... So you can talk."

Damnit. He had forgotten about the stupid callerID. Kyuhyun shot up straight, dropping the pillow to the floor, "I.. uhm.....uh..."

"I assume you would like to return my umbrella now?"

Kyuhyun nodded slowly, mentally smaking himself as he remembered he was having a phone conversation. "Uh... yeah... S..sorry it... uhm.. took so long..."

"Oh, no, I understand. Sitting in the streets must take up a lot of your time." The stranger on the phone chuckled softly, "How about coffee later?"

"W...What?"

"Coffee... I assume you wouldn't want me coming to your house, and, I don't even know your name, how do I know your not some sort of psychopath? So you are not coming to mine, and I still want my umbrella back."

Kyuhyun blushed softly. Of course, he was letting himself get over excited. This man didn't mean for it to sound like a date...He just wanted his umbrella back. "Y..yeah... true. So... uhm. Which coffee shop would you like to meet up at?"

Once they had decided on the place, Kyuhyun found himself unwanting to hang up, "Uhm... well.... I guess.. I'd better go."

"See you there... Oh, and don't be late."

There was a small chuckle before the line clicked in Kyuhyun's ear, the dial tone soon following. Kyuhyun pressed a palm to his cheek, he could feel the heat radiating from it. Why was he like this? He'd only just spoken to this stranger and he was already... what. Kyuhyun chewed on his bottom lip as he tried to pinpoint the strange new emotion fluttering in his chest.

Love?