Chapter 8

My Annoying Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Karina had the audacity to get annoyed with all the medical staff that’s hovering over her, touching her all over —meaning, checking for any further signs of injury. Pestering her with impudent queries —meaning, asking her about her well being. Glaring and blatantly rolling her eyes at anyone who speaks to her.

 

The pompous behavior had earned quite a conundrum to the the physician assigned to her. No visible injuries, no contusions, no signs of concussions at all and her tox-screen came back negative, she is surprisingly sober. Perplexed with the situation, Dr. Shin opted to page Dr. Moon to try and communicate with the unknown jumper.

 

And even the head of psychiatry could not read the woman’s odd behavior towards them. She had not seen such narcissistic behavior from someone who doesn’t speak at all. All while Karina feels more and more impatient and irritated with the humans around her.

 

She’s so close to knocking them unconscious when she catches a whiff of Winter’s scent, looking for the source, the demon hops off the gurney and and followed the familiar amber scent.

 

And there she is, her favorite human staring intently at her, “Winter!” She calls out.

 

The doctor on the otherhand looks away immediately, feigning ignorance to her name being called out loudly to the point that everyone in the ER momentarily stops what they were doing to look at the deranged jumper.

 

Uncomfortable with the attention, Winter runs away from Karina.

 

“Winter, wait!” Karina calls out again, Dr. Shin and Doctor Moon tried to get a hold of her but the demon was quick on her toes as she speeds her way through the busy hallway.

 

With the amount of patients and medical staff blocking her way, Karina summons her curse and stops the time for everyone and everything around her. Except for Winter.

 

The blonde doctor halts at the sudden phenomenon, she turns around and sees Karina just a few feet behind her, grinning from ear to ear.

 

“Greetings my lovely lady, did you like it?” The demon asks, voice full of anticipation.

 

Inhaling a deep breath in, Winter asks “Like, what exactly, Karina?” The feeling in Winter’s gut is getting much and much worse, she doesn’t know what it is, but she knows she’s not gonna like whatever it is that Karina is going to say next.

 

“This” Karina gestures around them, “I brought you patients to do surgeries for”

 

“You—… what?” Winter spat.

 

“I…” The demon blinks in confusion, she can sense the fury laced in Winter’s voice, “I brought in people for you do your surgery thing…do you not like it?”

 

“Jesusingchrist, Karina are you out of your mind?” The doctor yells, finally snapping.

 

Clearly taken aback with the shrill volume of Winter’s voice, Karina tries to speak up again, but was immediately cut off ,“B-but—…”

 

“Undo all this, now!” Winter commands, voice so firm that it begins to frighten Karina, an actual demon.

 

“I can’t…”

 

“That’s bull!” Winter curses that made Karina flinch a bit, “You can stop time but can’t undo it, huh?”

 

Karina shakes her head, “No…that’s beyond the  realm of any omnipotent being”

 

All Winter could do was just sigh loudly, clenching her sharp jaw and hands raking her blonde hair back in frustration, “Can you erase the memory of you jumping from everyone else here, that you can do right?”, she said recalling the sacrifice fiasco from a few nights ago.

 

“Y-yes” Karina says meekly.

 

“Then do it, resume the time and wait in my car” Winter pointedly looks at Karina as she tells her what to do, “We’ll talk later, I’m not yet done with you”

 

Karina nervously gulps at the instructions and nods vigorously, she sees Winter walking away from her and tries to call her back once again.

 

“Winter, I’m sorry…”

 

“Shut it Karina, I said we’ll talk later” Without even bothering to look at the demon, Winter quickly dismisses her.

 

Karina does her thing and erases her image from the minds of everyone in the hospital and from anyone involved in the accident, as Winter disappears to one of the rooms where her patient lies.

 

Winter tries to regain her composure before Karina resumes time again, she needs to deal with her patient first —or as what Karina calls it, her gift. An unconscious woman with a big piece of glass piercing through her head. She could not let this woman die just because a dumb demon was trying to impress her.

 

 

 

 

The whole day passes by quickly and Winter bids her goodbyes to the remaining hospital staff. Giselle had gone home earlier, after performing an operation and having the victims of the crash be in stable conditions, the Fellow Doctor didn’t stay in the hospital for a regular shift and went home to rest.

 

Thankfully, everyone involved with Karina’s stunt are all stable, including Winter’s patient. There were minor complications but she pushed through. No lives were lost, well atleast not from the car crash.

 

Winter approaches her car and sees Karina sitting in the boot with her legs crossed. The blonde actively ignores her and goes to the driver’s seat. She doesn’t utter a word as she begins to drive back home.

 

Karina could still feel the tension from the back, she dared not to speak, in fear of angering Winter further. The whole hour they drove in silence.

 

When they arrived at Winter’s house, the doctor didn’t even bother opening the boot for Karina as she immediately gets inside and makes a beeline towards her mini bar and downs bourbon straight from the bottle.

 

Karina just teleports to where Winter is, still fidgeting as she stands behind her.

 

Winter groans from the strong liquor and set the bottle loudly at the counter, “Explain yourself” she says monotonously.

 

“You said you love your job, so I thought you would like it if I give you patients” Karina says lowly.

 

Winter could only laugh sarcastically at that, “It’s saving lives that I love Karina, not opening people up and play with their internal organs” she says, voice still devoid of emotions. “All this for what? For me to finally accept the fact that i’m your goddamned mate?”

 

“I’m sorry, I thought giving you gifts would appease you” Karina looks down, feeling ashamed.

 

“Then gift me a peace of mind, how about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter