Chapter 9

My Annoying Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Winter just got out of her parked car and pushes the door to open, she didn’t even bother taking her keys out as she knows there’s no point to it anymore since she’s housed creatures beyond the human realm in her home.

 

She just got off from a 12 hour shift, she’s relieved to say that everyone involved with the the stunt Karina pulled are all now recovering well, especially the patient she performed surgery on just woke up and felt brand new like nothing happened at all, they’ll still stay confined In the hospital for further medical inspections, but when Winter checked all their charts earlier, and can safely say that after a day or two they’ll be good to go. But the doctor feels a bit skeptical with how fast their recovery is, and she suspects Karina has something to do with it.

 

She’ll be fine with it regardless, ecstatic even. But she just needs to confirm it.

 

She hears a bustling in the kitchen and sees Ningning making dinner, checking her wrist watch for the time she frowns a bit, “Hey” she greets.

 

Ningning looks up from the steak she’s searing, “Hello Winter, just wait for a bit, i’m almost done”

 

“It’s already 10PM and you’re just making dinner? You don’t have to wait for me you know. You guys can go ahead and help yourselves” The doctor informs.

 

Ningning just shrugs, “It’s fine, we don’t mind waiting for you. We actually just consume food for the taste and the feeling satisfies us and it's not important for our survival so you don’t have to worry”

 

“That’s convenient” Winter comments to yet another demon knowledge she’s acquired, “but you really don’t have too, I already ate”

 

The gremlin finally plates their meal and faces Winter with a patronizing look, “You had a granola bar, that’s not dinner”

 

Winter gasps, “How did you know?”

 

“Clairvoyance” Ningning simply says.

 

The blonde just clicks her tongue, “Oh, that’s right you guys are super beings. But anyways, thanks for this” she gestures to the meal and helps Ningning set the plates at the dinner table.

 

“Her grace actually insisted on this, she was concerned with your lack of nutrition despite being a doctor that’s supposed to be a health connoisseur” the gremlin says.

 

Winter kept mum with the sweet implications of it and redirects the conversation, “Where is she anyways?” She asks, she hasn’t really seen her since she tucked the demon to bed last night and she was still asleep when she left this morning.

 

“She’s in the back”

 

Winter lets Ningning continue on setting the table and made her way to the back porch, it was already dark and a few lamps only illuminate the area. She scans around and sees no familiar figure, she peeks half of her body through the door and yells a “I can’t see her anywhere” to Ningning who’s still in the kitchen.

 

“She’s on the ground” Ningning yells back.

 

“What?” Winter only mumbles this time, confused at what Ningning meant. She pulls her body outside again and looks below this time.

 

Still no Karina in sight, however there’s a noticeable huge hole a few feet from the fire pit. Her confusion getting worse, she grabs a lamp and goes down the porch stairs.

 

As soon as she points her lamp at it, there’s no denying that it really is a hole in the ground. She carefully approaches it and is completely baffled to see Karina inside the roughly 10 feet deep hole. Crouched to the ground and her face too close to the wall made of dirt.

 

“Karina?” She calls out.

 

“Good Evening Winter” Karina responds shyly, her back still facing the human.

 

Winter treads close to the edge of the hole, careful not to fall in, “What are you doing in there?”

 

“I’m sorry for using my abilities again without asking you first” she says apologetically.

 

Winter quips an eyebrow at that, “So you’re the one who used clairvoyance to me today?” She asks.

 

“Yes”

 

Winter bites her lower lip, trying hard not to let out an audible laugh, “Karina, did you put yourself on time out?” She asks gently.

 

Karina can only shamefully nod in response.

 

“But why did you dig a hole in the ground?”

 

“The wall in the corner of your house doesn’t feel right, I feel like I belong in the dirt” Karina is beginning to sniff.

 

And before Winter could start to even feeling sorry for her, and to actually stop the demon from crying again she encourages her to get out from the hole, “Alright, come on up now, so we can eat dinner together”

 

Karina reluctantly turns her head around and looks up at her favorite human. Her dark eyes glimmering from the tears she’s holding back and her full lips pouting in guilt.

 

From the perspective of Winter and their current angle, Karina looks too adorable for Winter’s sake. She couldn’t believe this woman is actually a demon from the way she’s acting.

 

“Come on” she says and extend her free hand out for the demon to take.

 

Karina wipes the forming tears from her eyes and does a last sniff before pushing herself up and raises her hand up to take Winter’s. She really doesn’t need any help getting out of the hole as she can just easily jump up but she still gladly takes Winter’s hand. It feels warm, and Karina likes it.

 

Finally out from the hole, Winter watches as Karina dusts a few dirt from her shirt, “Just so you know i’m not mad at you for using your abilities to me today, but I just wanna ask why did you do it?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter