Chapter 9

Kingka Kiss!

 

                Seungri stared at the ground as he walked outside of the walls of the school. He focused on thinking of the squares of concrete, counting them, so that his mind didn’t wander and let him think of Youngbae.

                “Can I…talk to you?”

                He heard the voice, unusually small and meek and turned around to see Minji, standing there, her face burrowed in the collar of her coat, a scarf around her neck. He nodded with a sigh, knowing this moment would come eventually.

                “I just wanted to say…I’m over it,” she continued.

                Seungri didn’t know what to say as he put his hands in his pockets. He looked to the ground again. It was more than he could do. Youngbae wasn’t someone he could just get over.

                “I’m….over you. So you can move on,” Minji said, her eyes tearing up.

                “Over me?” Seungri said, a confused frown on his face. I’m over you. “What are you talking about?”

                Minji shook her head releasing a short breath, her voice quivering as if she couldn’t decide whether to sob or laugh. “I’m in love with you. Always have been. I’ve always been so stupidly in love. I couldn’t even see it.”

                Seungri found himself speechless as Minji walked towards him. Her steps were tentative, as if he might lash out and hurt her if she moved too quickly. This can’t be happening. “But the tutoring and running into you on the train. You’re always around Youngbae.”

                “You’re always around Youngbae. I wanted to be there too,” her face tried to hide a small pout, “I told Youngbae oppa how I felt. I tried to get him to see, how much I loved you, to get him to help me. I was so blind. I never realized that the way I looked at you…He looked at you the exact same way.”

                “I saw you with him Minji. At the movie theater, touching your face in his room…” Seungri refused to believe he could’ve possibly broken Minji’s heart. He thought of all the bad thoughts he had towards her, wanting to hit her or call her names. He felt his heart breaking all over again. You let your jealousy cloud your judgment, Youngbae had said after he burst into the room, kissing Youngbae in front of her. He couldn’t imagine the way she felt then, seeing the guy she had fallen for hurt her intentionally. He thought of the magazine she had sheepishly gave him, the way she said his name and it made his heart ache. He remembered pining for Seunghyun, how it felt, how it hurt him and he immediately felt bad for everything as he realized Minji had experienced the same thing.

                “He works there.”

                “Where?”

                “The movie theater. I just ran into him,” Minji said. She looked to the ground, before looking at Seungri again, laughing slightly. “Wow, you really didn’t know?”

                “But he promised me…” Seungri said, taking a deep breath. He felt numb. He didn’t know how to take in all this information. Youngbae had promised not to work two jobs anymore. Lying about where he had been, leaving quickly to run errands, lately Youngbae had driven him crazy. All this time he thought Youngbae was hiding his relationship with Minji…But instead he had been hiding a job.

                “You know, he told me that you’re no good for me. That you’ll never think of me, consider me. I thought that he meant you were selfish or mean. But I see it now…How could you think of me if you’re always thinking of him?” Minji said.

                “Minji…” Seungri started but he didn’t know what to say.

                “But it’s okay. There’s someone who thinks of me. Everyday…And every day, I think of you less and less. Soon, I’ll think of him every day too.” Minji nodded to affirm herself as she took a deep breath, determination set in her face.

                “Minji. I am sorry. “ Seungri said the words lowly, knowing they weren’t enough as she walked past him.

                “If you’re really sorry,” she said, stopping a moment without turning around, “Then you’ll go make things right with him.... Instead of hurting me for no reason.”  

                She walked away, leaving Seungri with his own regret.

 

******************

                Daesung felt himself grow depressed. Ever since Minji kissed him on the cheek, he really didn’t know what to do. He had tried to call her but she didn’t answer. Everything had gone well. At least that’s what he thought when he called his hyungs and told them it was a good date. (Seunghyun congratulated him and Jiyong told to try calling people after two o’clock in the afternoon when people are actually awake.) So now, he didn’t know what to do. He sat in front of the window in class, staring out the pane. From there he could clearly see where people usually beat chalk from the classroom erasers and he remembered asking Minji out, her shy laugh, her hesitant words. He really wished he didn’t embarrass himself in front of her so often. Of course she doesn’t like you. You’re an idiot. He was hoping it was just that stupid phantom Jiyong that stuck around his mind, giving him bad advice but this time that wasn’t a solace. It was just him, by himself. Even he could see he was a loser.

                He sighed before seeing a rock hit the window.

                “Kang Daesung!” the teacher yelled. Before he knew it he was out in the hallway, holding his arms up in the air as a punishment.

                “Don’t disrupt my class again! You can come back when you feel like you can handle being a good student,” The teacher shook her finger in his face before returning to the classroom, leaving him out in the hallway. Daesung sighed as he closed his eyes. This just wasn’t a good day.

                “Sorry, I just wanted to get your attention,” Minji said through an unsure smile.

                Daesung opened his eyes, instantly smiling after seeing her face. “Minji!” he tried to act nonchalant after realizing he was probably too excited.

                “...I’m not having a very good day,” Minji said, slowly.

                “Me neither,” Daesung sighed.

                “I guess I wanted to see you…You usually cheer me up,” Minji didn’t look at him as she spoke.

                Daesung felt his heart stop before beating at an alarmingly fast rate. “Oh…You cheer me up too,” he said before clearing his throat.

                Minji smiled widely, her white teeth showing, her eyes small. She grabbed his hand suddenly making him jump a bit.

                “What are you-“

                She started walking backwards leading him down the hallway, “C’mon.” She started picking up pace, turning around and dragging him behind her.

                “Where are we going?”

                “It doesn’t matter if I’m with you, does it?” She said, making Daesung blush, both of them knowing he’d follow her anywhere.

***************

                Youngbae sat on the bench outside of the university, holding a cigarette.

                “So you smoke now?” Jiyong asked, folding his arms as he stood behind him.

                “Thinking about it,” Youngbae said before Jiyong sat beside him, snatching it.

                “You better not. It’s a terrible habit.” He placed the cigarette between his lips before digging in his pocket for a lighter.

                “And you’re setting a great example.”

                Jiyong shrugged before lighting the cigarette and inhaling deeply. “I try,” he said before blowing out a puff of smoke. He stared at the laces on his own boots before looking over at Youngbae who wore a plaid button down shirt, his sleeves shoved up to his elbows. “You look like a lumberjack.”

                Youngbae ignored the comment, staring at the grass around them.

                “You know, you should just call him. Talk to him.”

                “I don’t want to talk about Seungri,” Youngbae said quickly.

                “You’re still mad at me…” Jiyong bit his lip. He put his feet up on the bench, hugging his knees.

                “No. Everything’s my fault. I don’t want to talk about it.” Youngbae said the words in his usual monotone, matter of fact way.

                “Did you really cheat on Seungri?” Jiyong asked.

                “No but I lied to him. Then I got mad because he got the wrong idea…But he only got the wrong idea because I lied to him in the first place. I only lied to him because he loves shoes. It’s all pretty moronic.” Youngbae, scratched his chin in thought.

                “I don’t know what that all means really.” Jiyong said before shivering a bit, a cold breeze blowing past them.

                “It means, Seunghyun was right.”

                “You must hate that,” Jiyong said, folding his arms.

                “Not really anymore. I don’t care about anything.” Youngbae put his elbows on his thighs, looking to the ground.

                “…Except Seungri…” Jiyong added.

                “Except Seungri,” Youngbae repeated, knowing it was the truth.

                “Good to finally hear you say it,” a deep voice said to Youngbae’s side.

                Seunghyun stood beside them, his phone in his hand, “Because I have a plan…”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay! It's short, I know. I haven't proofread anything, I know (As usual tsk-tsk) And I'm coming back out of nowhere and my writing is rusty because I haven't been writing fanfics but a book of my own :( BUT this story deserves an ending especially since I know exactly what happens in my head. I just need to write it down. I will update tonight or tomorrow and finish this thing! I PROMISE! Anyway, thanks for all the support while I was gone. I hope this isn't too bad.