Chapter 8

Captivated by Yu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HOLD UP!!! MY STORY GOT PROMOTED?! WHOEVER YOU ARE THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I APPRECIATE IT A LOT!! :D  

 

Author's note: 

In the middle of this chapter, there will be a song lyrics written and I want to let you guys know that i kind of changed the lyrics from "love" to "like". That's all, Enjoy reading!@

 

 

 

 

"What would you like for lunch?" Jimin asked me as we walked towards our destination. Max had already been sent to the grooming salon. At first, I was worried he might cause a commotion when I saw other pets barking and scratching. You know that one annoying cry from a husky? 

 

 

Surprisingly, Max, being Max, remained calm. He was serene amidst the chaos around him, a very distinguished and nonchalant kitty. Tila para bang nasanay na siya o ganyan lang talaga siya na walang pakealam sa mga nangyayari sa paligid niya, sana ganyan din ako charot. 

 

 

Kung mag-aalaga man ako ng pusa in the near future, I want a cat like Max. I also want a dog, yung malteseeee. Ang cute cute siguro nila if they get along well.

 

 

When Jimin mentioned that the shop we were going to eat lunch was just a few blocks away, I suggested that we walk instead. Gusto kong maglakad-lakad. I love taking strolls, you get fresh air and a peace of mind that helps you forget the problems you're dealing with. Makakapagmasid masid ka din around the area. Fun fact, this is my coping mechanism.

 

 

So, she parked her car at the parking lot just in front of the grooming salon where Max was being groomed. 

 

 

"Something heavy? Depends on the food they serve. We'll see." I replied to Jimin's question. She looked at me and nodded in understanding.

 

 

And yeah, I wasn't wearing any disguise, people wouldn't recognize me anyway since most of the people we encountered were mostly in their 50's, may mga ilang kabataan din naman. Confident yarn? Yung bilin ng manager ko kinalimutan ko nalang. 

 

 

Jimin really knows how to find such places. It's helping me din, since I want to explore here during my stay. Learn about new places and tradition. Then updating my fans about what I've doing during the past days of my vacation here.

 

 

We were fortunate that today's temperature was slightly cool yet warm, just enough heat to not bring discomfort to my skin. Kasi kung mainit talaga, eh aba hindi ko pipiliing maglakad. 

 

 

If anything was HOT, it was Jimin right here, radiating light like the sun. People we passed by turned their heads to look at her. 

 

 

"You're really a head-turner, aren't you? I mean, look at you-- tall, pretty, and at the same time, handsome as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if people ended up breaking their necks just to look at you." I blurted out of nowhere as I turned my head left and right, finally looking at her, only to witness that she had already printed a big smile on her face. Is she blushing? Her ears turned red, and there was a hint of blush on her cheeks. I even heard her chuckle. I felt my cheeks growing hot by this.

 

 

"Silly. They were looking at you," Jimin said as she laughed shyly, humbly denying that people weren't looking at her but me.

 

 

"Hell no. I even heard them mumble about how tall you are!" I exclaimed, opposing her denials. 

 

 

Does she even realize how she looked in other people's eyes? Because to me, she is just incredibly pretty. I don't care about the others, but if they were in my shoes, I'd be just like the other people admiring her looks.

 

 

"You—stop it..." she said, covering with a hand. Did I go overboard? I hope I didn't.

 

 

"I'm sorr—" I began to apologize, but she cut me off.

 

 

"I'm not good with compliments, and I easily blush, so please, I don't want to look like a walking red tomato" she said shyly, scratching her cheeks and averting her gaze. She even almost fell when she stumbled upon a rock HAHAHAHAHAHA

 

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU ARE SOOOOO!" I laughed uncontrollably, finding it hilarious.

 

 

My antics made her blush even more! She was clearly embarrassed, she just groaned in response. It took me a few more minutes to calm down, wiping away the tears gathering at the corner of my eyes.

 

 

"Okay, okay, I understand. But does it bring any discomfort to you?" I asked. She shook her head, disagreeing with what I just asked.

 

 

"It's weird. I've been complimented all my life by people. I do get flustered and shy after I hear any. But it doesn't make me uncomfortable. It's just that I've been insecure about my looks, and I get a weird feeling every time they compliment me." she said with a serious tone in her deep voice.

 

 

"May I ask why you felt insecure?" I asked.

 

 

Before she could answer, we realized that we had just walked past the shop where we were supposed to eat. We looked at each other, slightly chuckling, realizing we had been lost in our own conversation and forgotten our purpose.

 

 

"A story for later, I guess?" she answered.

I chuckled at this and hummed in response. We then turned back and headed towards the restaurant, entering it together.

 

 

It turned out to be a Filipino cuisine restaurant, and I was surprised by how neat it was. It was quite expensive, but nothing I couldn't afford. As we were seated at our table, Jimin started to talk.

 

 

"I decided to bring you here since you're foreign to Filipino foods. I thought maybe you could try out some Filipino dishes" she said.

 

 

"Filo?" I asked.

 

 

"Short for Filipino. So, how do you like the menu so far? We can look for another restaurant if you don't want anything" she said with a concerned voice. 

 

 

I mean, look at her. How could you not possibly like this person? She's so thoughtful, and the fact that she wanted me to try new things was just to be specigic, the food here...wow oki po hehe sino ba naman ako para tumanggi.

 

 

"No, I want to try new dishes as well. That's one of the things on my list here. And thank you." I uttered, then smiled gently towards her, grateful for her thoughtfulness. She smiled back at me, her grin stretching from ear to ear.

 

 

She then called the waiter over to place our order. As we waited for our food, I noticed Jimin raise her brow while looking at something behind me. At first, I didn't pay it much attention, but when I turned around, I saw a guy seated at the other side of the table glancing at us. 

 

 

His face lit up, and he shyly bowed his head at me before looking away. . Does he recognize me???? I simply nodded at him and turned back to Jimin, who was now squinting her eyes at me. 

 

 

"What?" I asked. She made a "hmmmm" sound and said it was nothing. I just shrugged it off. I couldn't focus on it anyway because I was really hungry now, feeling drained of energy.

 

 

When the order came, I excused myself to Jimin to wash my hands, the washing area is customed for everyone. Suddenly, the guy I saw earlier is now standing beside me, washing his hands on the other side of the washing area. I was just minding my business when he started talking.

 

 

"Hey, uhm, I really find you attractive," he said, pausing to dry his hands. 

 

 

"Do you happen to have social media?" Oh? A sigh of relief left me. Good thing he didn't recognize me. I don't want anyone asking for my autograph when Jimin's around.

 

 

"I don't have social media" I bluntly lied.

 

 

"How about your number instead? I really want to talk to you." he insisted. 

 

 

"I don't have my phone" I lied again. You know if it's necessary to lie, do it. You can't always please everybody by the answer they want to hear. 

 

 

"That's—"

 

 

"Hey babe, are you done? Food's waiting for us, you know?" BABEEE??? JIMIN, WHAT THE HECK??? 

 

 

Ehe mesherep she tenga peke elet nge

 

 

She held me by the waist, pulling me closer to her, then leaned closer to my ear and whispered, "Play along" with her deep voice before turning to face the guy. THAT WAS HOT PO?????VQUSBWDJWJQISJQBSHWBWJS

 

 

"I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" she asked the guy.

 

 

The guy seemed not to register what just happened, while I felt the same but recovered right after. 

 

 

"Uhh I—" he stuttered, struggling to say something.

 

 

"Are you girlfriends?" he then asked. Echosera!!! Pero pwede din BASJSBSJSJAJSN WINTER BAYOT!

 

 

I felt Jimin move from my side then I felt her hugging me from BEHIND?? ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?? May pa backhug si ate ko???? Teka kinikilig akeeeeee! I could feel my heart beating wildly. I'm sure I'm turning red right now. I can't take all of this for heaven's sake!

 

 

"Do we not look like we're girlfriends at all?" she even pouted. Unbelievable!!! NAPAKA NIYA!

 

 

The guy was too stunned to speak and decided to leave.

 

 

"I'm sorry about that." She spoke as she removed her hands around me.

 

 

I calmly collected myself trying to compose myself after the unexpected happenings. Hindi ko kinayaaaaaaaaa

 

 

"It's fine. Thank you, Jimin. He was bothering me, I appreciate what you did. Thank you for being there." Oh kalma, baby kalma.

 

 

I smiled at her and thanked her for her earlier gesture, and she returned the smile.

 

 

It went silent all of a sudden. We found ourselves just staring at each other in the mirror in the washing area as I finished washing my hands.

 

 

"I didn't know bakudera ka pala, Jimin-sshi?" I started talking while smirking to break the silence.

 

 

"I did promise Miss Baek to protect you. And I just did." She said. 

 

 

I scoffed. 

 

 

"So the pambabakod is your way to protect me?" I asked. 

 

 

"Well..." I saw her scratching her head.

 

 

"If you want to know, your acting " I nonchalantly said and started walking back to our table. She whined at my remark.

 

 

"Heeeyyyy but it worked thoooo and you didn't even play alonggg" she whined again. Ang cute pisti!! May side pala tong ganto 'tong babaeng 'to?!

 

 

"I couldn't. It felt like I was in a grade school acting project." I said, and she muttered the word "grabe", not paying attention to her whining. 

 

 

Hindi niya lang alam na pinipigilan ko lang sarili ko na kiligin sa ginawa niya while maintaining a nonchalant demeanor pero sa totoo lng para ng uod na nilagyan ng asin yung kaloob-looban ko like? How about me? How about my heart? Yawa talagaaaaaaaa porket crush kita ganyan ka sakin?! Charot di niya alam. Pero binuking ako ni Ning diba? Did she buy that? Or tinukso niya lang talaga ako nun pero she didn't believe it? Wag. Emeeee bigaon jud!

 

 

I was trying to hide my blushing face from her. She was so clueless about what she had just done! 

 

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter