[TW] Chapter 6

Captivated by Yu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina's POV



Napansin ko si Winter na naglalakad papunta ng restroom, sinundan ko ito ng tingin hanggang sa tuloyan na itong nawala sa paningin ko. Just then, I heard a ding in the glass door, nagpapahiwatig na may bagong customer na pumasok.


Tumingin ako sa gawi ng glass door and should I say, customers, marami sila and to be exact tatlo sila.


I saw familiar faces that I could still recognize from years ago. Namumukhaan ko pa ang mga mukhang 'yan. Before they proceeded to settle down at a table next to the glass window, ay sumulyap pa ang isa sa kanila sa gawi ko. She didn't even hide how shocked she was when she saw me.


I am not close to them nor they are close to me. But as far as I remember, sila yung mga taong mahilig magchismis sa school worse is spread it across the whole school.


I suppose you could count them as one of those people who brings nightmare to others, given how they spread rumors without considering the potential harm they may cause.


One of them glanced at my way then retreated murmuring something with her group. Sinasabi ko na nga ba.


I still remember her, she was trying to get close to me for a reason that I have no idea with.


But genuined question, do you really need a reason to be close to someone?


Anyway...


I expected them to place an order, but one of them opted to use the restroom, and eventually the two insisted to follow. Sumusulyap-sulyap parin ang mga ito sa akin on their way sa restroom.


Hays.


I know where this is going.


Suddenly remembering Winter was still there, I excused myself sa isang staff na kasama ko sa counter and followed the other girls.


I refrained from barging in and could already hear them gossiping inside as the door was not completely closed, allowing me to hear them clearly. Girls, if magchichismis man kayo about someone, at least be wary of your surroundings.


I heard everything.


Seriously? Are they really bringing that up again? It's been years already.


Once they were done, I anticipated for them to come out. When finally the door opened, they expressed surprise and shock at the unexpected sight of my face.


"H-hey Karina haha I didn't know you were t-there..." One of them awkwardly said. At yung isa naman na kanina pa sulyap na sulyap sakin was looking at me with an emotion that I cannot comprehend.


In my college days, I was known from my name Karina and most of the people who knows me call me that, even our profs. Some will call me Jimin as well. I didn't pay no mind naman, they can call me whatever they wish to call me.


I simply just....don't care.


I didn't say anything. I was merely staring at them with an empty gaze. They seemed aware of their actions and for me to overheard them so they awkwardly pass by me.


I wasn't surprised when, instead of ordering something, they simply left the establishment right after.


I left out a deep sigh.


I remained stood in leaning against the wall. Waiting for a certain someone's to come out the from the door.


I know she heard that.


When she got out, I saw her face with the same reaction as the girls from earlier. Multo ba yung nakikita nila?


I looked into her eyes but she avoided my stare.


"I heard them. And I bet you did too."


There was a moment of silence before she finally spoke.


"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."


"It's fine. No need to apologize."


She looked nervous and I saw her figetting with her fingers. She seemed intimidated.


"Were you wavered?" I asked her.


"What?"


"Were you having second thoughts about me?" 


"I-I don't know..."


Well...there was a hint of disappointment in my expression.


That's disappointing. But nothing new. I know this will happen.


I straightened up, no longer leaning against the wall and stood properly. Just as I was about to leave, the woman I had talked with moments ago uttered something.


"I can't just judge you from that. Especially when I heard it from a gossip. And..." she paused.


"I want to let you know that I want to know you in a way that I know how and not from the gossips or rumors other people are spreading around about you."


"So....I will....listen to whatever it is if only you are willing to talk about it."


With my back turned to her, I couldn't help but smile like an idiot from what I just heard.


Turning to face her again, I noticed Winter's gaze fixed firmly on the ground, her fingers nervously playing with each other.


"My eyes are up here, y'know?" I teased, a light chuckle escaping my lips. But despite my attempt to draw her attention, she remained still.


"11 o'clock before midnight. Meet me at the hotel's playground kung saan tayo naghintay kay Klare the other day. We'll talk there."


In an instant, Winter's gaze snapped up to meet mine, her expression likely startled by what I just said.


In that moment, she seemed so fragile, so delicate.


Offering her the warmest smile I could give. It's the only way I know to assure her while hoping to ease the slight tension between us.


I turned away for the last time to carry on with the work I left off. I sensed Winter trailing behind me that had me chuckling. She then rejoined her friends that she had left earlier.








Winter's POV



I didn't utter any word when I rejoined my friends in our table which they didn't fail to notice. Knowing me all too well, they respected my need for space, so they focused on their own conversations instead. However, when the time came to bid farewell to Jimin. I expressed my appreciation for the meal she had generously treated us to. My managers  and staff didn't let that pass so they extended their thanks as well, shaking Jimin's hand to convey their gratitude.


As Ning and Giselle chatted with Jimin, I felt overwhelmed by my own thoughts and quietly excused myself, needing a moment to gather my emotions. Nauna na din akong sumakay sa van.


I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but the word "bully" just struck a nerve. I refuse to acknowledge those gossips about Jimin. I don't want to judge her unfairly without knowing her side.


Hindi talaga ko yung tipong tao na when someone speaks ill about how much they hate the person and that person is someone I don't know, they will expect me to hate them as well for what that person did to them.


It just feels so wrong. Because that person they were talking about did nothing to me. Unless nalang siguro if grabe na talaga yung ginawa niya, something unforgivable.


But no. It was only a minor inconvenience between them. And it's a "them" problem.


This is also one of the reason why hindi ako masyado nakikipaghalobilo sa mga gantong tao. I don't like people who spread hate for a minor reason.


I prefer to remain open-minded and hear both sides of the story rather than jumping to conclusions or taking a one-sided stance.


That's why I want to hear it from Jimin herself.


To be honest, I know it shouldn't really concern me, but the thing is, Jimin and I have shared some meaningful interactions. We've had conversations that you wouldn't typically have with a stranger. We shared jokes and laugh at it. And I remember this adorable moment when her niece joined us. That night, where Jimin sneaked me from kuyang bodyguard and showed me the beautiful scenery of the beach. And...also the part where we both momentarily lost in each other's eyes because of THAT.


Talaga ba Winter?


Pero totoo, It's hard not to feel connected after experiencing things like that even with the person you barely know.


Or baka may unresolved attachment issue lang ako? Haha


But honestly, I became more interested about her. And I'm not gonna lie anymore. I want to know more about her.


At syimpre di ko yan sasabihin sa mga kaibigan ko kasi mga burara yun.


Speaking of which, My friends and our driver hopping into the van and closing the door snapped me out of my thoughts, bringing me back to the present moment.


"Pst hoi, ba't bigla ka wala sa mood? Umalis ka din kaagad. May nangyari ba?" Concerned na tanong ni Ning sakin.


"May bigla lang akong naalala that somehow triggered me. I'm sorry."


They quickly caught on to what I was feeling, exchanging concerned looks that reassured me they understood.


"Don't be sorry. Just remember we're always here for you, okay? If you wanna talk about it just tell us and we'll listen." Sabi ni giselle while patting my head.


I heaved a sigh.


"Thank you guys" and threw them a small smile.


Ning came closer and hugged me sideways which I happily obliged. Her actions speaking louder than any words could. She may not be great with comforting words, but her hugs are the best source of comfort she can offer.


The ride back to the hotel went smoothly.







"Minjeong unnie, may snacks ako. You want some?" Tawag ni ning sakin. Nag unnie pa nga tas kung normal days beh, teh, bakla lang tawag sakin jusko.


Kanina pa ako nakatulala dito simula nung nakabalik na kami sa hotel. Kaya ito si Ning di mapakali sa kalagayan ko ngayon. Kanina inaaya niya ako maglaro kami ng PUBG tapos umaway ako. Hay naku, alam kong annoying talaga to most of the time pero I can't really resist her when she acts like this towards me. My unnie heart.


Okay! I give up.


Before accepting the snack she offered me, I sighed deeply.


She then hugged me sweetly, and her smile warmed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter