Divorce Petition??

In The Fall (Seulrene Verion)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here the first chapter of Book II

nice seeing you guy again, thanks for the subs, upvote and comment ^^

sorry if there is a mistake in my writing

enjoyy!!!

 

 

‘Joohyun leave the babies with the nanny and come with me for a second.’

Seulgi's tone is cold and stern, which Joohyun has never heard for a very long time.

Hearing it again after years makes the hair at the back of her neck raise. And Seulgi called her by her name… not baby.

 

‘Jagi, what is it?’ Joohyun asked, genuinely worried about Seulgi's abrupt mood change. The taller one stayed silent as she approached her.

Joohyun followed Seulgi's gaze, and that monolid eye was fixed on a piece of paper that was on her desk. Seulgi didn't even look at her.

‘Joohyun…’ Seulgi speaks; she sounds so tired. ‘Did I make mistake? Did I hurt you again?’ With a dejected expression on her face, she looked up to see Joohyun.

‘what…?’ Joohyun takes another step closer, and this time she's trying to hold Seulgi's hand, but the latter shoves that paper into her hand.

Joohyun doesn’t really want to take her eyes away from Seulgi when the younger one is shaking and tears all well up behind those monolid eyes.

However, she wasn’t given much choice but to take a look at the paper; this must be the sole reason why Seulgi is behaving unlike herself right now.

‘I'm sorry… if I ever make a mistake again b-but I’ Seulgi swallowed back her tears, she didn’t want to cry and look pathetic once again in front of Joohyun.

Joohyun's heart almost shuts down when she discovers that piece of paper is a divorce petition requested by her????

Her signature at the bottom?? Just when – Joohyun didn’t even remember the last time she ever signed any formal or legal paper.

And she never requested anything, nor did she talk to her lawyer recently, so how?!

Joohyun puts the paper away and wants to explain herself, but Seulgi doesn’t give her a chance.

‘I promise I'll be better; I’ll treat you better, hmm? baby’ Seulgi pleaded, and it broke Joohyun's heart when Seulgi almost went down on her knees, begging.

She held Seulgi in place, ‘jagi, jagi listen to –

‘I know, I know I made a lot of mistakes in the past but I – I never repeat any of those and’ Seulgi took a deep breath. ‘I am trying every day, Hyun’ she pressed her tone, desperately wanting Joohyun to see her sincere heart about changing into a better person.

Seulgi knows she still cannot fully get rid of her short temper, but she tried; she listened and solved things more calmly than before.

She's no longer hiding anything from Joohyun, so she's crying her heart out right now.

She can't handle getting divorced again. Killing her now would be preferable.

They have a twin now, a babies together and Seulgi couldn’t even fathom the pain of being away from them.

She cannot be separated from her family; it would give her more pain than death.

‘I promise I’ll be better, I –

Joohyun had enough of Seulgi's constant pleading and refused to let her talk.

She grabs the taller one shoulder and shakes the woman. ‘Seulgi we didn’t register our second marriage yet!!’

Finally, the taller one stopped with her rambling about treating Joohyun better; she just stood there. Eye wide staring back at Joohyun.

‘You didn’t submit our marriage registration letter yet, right?’ Joohyun calmly asked the monolid woman this time. Hands still holding Seulgi's shoulders.

‘I… yes I did… not…’ Seulgi can feel her face heating up, so she breaks free from Joohyun's grasp and bends over to open the bottom drawer of her desk.

Face flushed, feeling awkward as she takes out their marriage registration letter that is still in place.

Technically, she and Joohyun are not married yet by law, so how can….wait did Joohyun –

She is turning and facing Joohyun. ‘How can you prank me like this??’

Joohyun was flabbergasted by that accusation. Who in the right mine pranks their partner with a divorce letter?!

‘What?!!’ She shrieked and still didn’t believe what she just heard. ‘I didn’t send this!’ crossing her arms over her chest, irritated.

Eyes on one another, Joohyun can see the redness travel up, starting from Seulgi neck and spreading it all over the monolid face. The redness ended it travel to Seulgi ears.

‘Oh my god…’ Ashamed. Seulgi rubbed her face and walked around the table to throw her body on the couch. ‘I'm sorry, and please leave. I need to face my moment of embarrassment. Alone’ she emphasised that alone word.

‘jagi’ Joohyun called while stifling her laugh. She is no longer upset with how red Seulgi's ears are right now.

‘No, don’t’ closing her eyes and covering both of her ears.

‘jagi…’ Joohyun sits down on the couch; her laughing kekeke can be heard now. ‘Jagi, look at me... jagiyaaa’ she leaning down, both hands palming Seulgi's chest.

‘I know you're gonna make fun of me’ She refused to open her eyes, turning her body to lie on her left side.

She feels like her face will explode out of embarrassment any minute from now. More ever when she can feel Joohyun's body pressing against her, shaking because of laughter.

But soon a soft slap land on her shoulder. It doesn’t hurt, but Seulgi knows Joohyun must feel upset with how she called her fiancée to her study.

‘You unbelievable jagi’

Seulgi sighed, finally having the courage to face Joohyun. ‘I'm sorry baby’ she muttered while securing Joohyun in her arms.

‘Oh, wow baby’ Joohyun rolled her eyes. ‘I thought it would be I'm sorry, Joohyun.’ And another slap—no,  this time Joohyun threw a punch on Seulgi's stomach.

It's not a hard punch, but it does make Seulgi's body recoil, and the poor monolid woman ended up coughing because of the impact.

‘Baby…’ this time, its Seulgi turn to laugh. She herself finds the situation hilarious now that everything has been cleared up.

So much of her for calling Joohyun in a serious manner, while the truth is she can simply ask her fiancée nicely.

‘I'm sorry, hmm? I lost my cool and my rationality the second I saw it was a divorce petition.’

Joohyun tsked, throwing another weak punch at Seulgi's chest. ‘I'm gonna tease you about this for the rest of the month’

Seulgi can’t really argue with that; Joohyun has the right.

‘I don’t understand why he sent that letter, though.’

Joohyun quirked her eyebrow. ‘Who are you referring to?’

‘Dongmin’ Seulgi got up to fetch that letter, and she reread it once again. Half amused and half annoyed with how detailed it is.

‘It’s not like he can’t find out whether we're already married or not, so I wonder why he sent this’ Seulgi continued, deep in her thought.

‘jagi’ Joohyun get up. ‘We promise not to feel bother with him anymore’ she reminds Seulgi of their promise, a week after they had their twin.

‘I also promise to keep our family safe, to keep you safe, and to keep our Jiah and Seoah safe.’

‘jagi don’t mind this letter. He is probably doing this to mess around with you. We both know what kind of sick psycho he is.’

‘no’ Seulgi disagreed. ‘He might be fooling around, but I won’t sit quiet like before. This needs to be look up properly.’

‘It will be a waste of time, jagi… this is exactly how he wants you to respond—to look after the reason behind it. So, there is no need for you to take it seriously… It's just a fake divorce letter’

Seulgi shook her head, expressing her disagreement with Joohyun once more. ‘Last time I took things lightly, he took you away from me’ Seulgi stated firmly. ‘I will never let that happen again.’

Joohyun didn’t say anything anymore; she knew she wouldn’t be able to make Seulgi change her mind.

The monolid woman had already made her decision.

‘I won’t do anything that makes you worry’ Seulgi reassured her fiancée when the woman remained silent now. ‘I just want to figure out what he is trying to do. That’s it, and I’ll let you know everything, okay?’

Seulgi takes Joohyun's hand and squeezes it. ‘I promised to keep our family safe, baby, and I will keep my word.’

‘fine…’ Joohyun gave in, ‘but promise me, you wouldn’t do anything dangerous, hmm?’

‘I promise, baby’

‘and don’t stare at the letter all the time’ Joohyun warned the taller one.

‘I won’t stare at it all the time’ Seulgi protested.

Just as Joohyun turns to dispute back, their twin's cries can be heard from the baby monitor placed on Seulgi's desk.

 

….

 

‘Do you like it?’ Seulgi babied talked with Jiah. ‘Mama made this by herself, you know’ Seulgi is proudly wearing Jiah a woollen sweater knitted by Joohyun.

‘Mama is good at everything’

The baby is now smiling more often and reacts to almost everything whenever Seulgi does something or talks to her.

Jiah is lying calmly on the change table; that pair of eyes didn’t leave her mommy face at all, and Seulgi knows she will remember this for the rest of her life.

How Jiah is looking at her with so much love; the baby didn’t even understand a thing yet her eyes are filled with so much love.

Their babies are already 10 weeks old, so Seulgi, who used to detest it when parents counted their child in weeks, now understands the reason.

Every week, there is a huge and significant change in their babies growth, so to count it using the month is quite unfair.

Plus, using the week makes it feel longer. Seulgi just wishes her babies didn’t grow up fast, but these two little humans grew chubbier as the day passed.

She an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter