Chapter 2

Forbidden Fruit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 
 

 

 

Chapter 2 

 

 

“Here take this to Mr. Lee. I need this signed by two, I don’t know how I forgot this document existed until now. And bring my coffee but add sugar this time.”  

Chanyeol ordered me without looking up.  

“Of course, sir.” I said and immediately left.  

First, I need to take this to Mr. Lee, whose assistant is Seol, my new friend.  

It's 12 p.m. and I have done it fast before he goes to lunch. Because that man, I mean Mr. Lee takes too much time to do a simple thing as signing a paper.  

I approached Seol and she smiled.   

“Hey.”  

“Hey, can you give this to your boss; I need this signed before two.”  

She took it and nodded before getting up.  

“Will you wait here?”  

“No, I have to get coffee to Mr. Park. It's third already.”  

She rolled her eyes. “Hopefully he won’t get heart attack or else we won’t have anything nice to look at when we are here.” I snorted at her words. “Anyways, go now and I’ll leave it on your desk when it’s done.”  

“Thanks.”   

I went to the coffee machine to make some for my boss. Like how he can drink so much coffee every day, but it makes him a huge ball of energy all day.   

But coffee never works on me, it doesn’t give me energy at all, but I still drink it, because of its taste.  

When I was done, I went back to my desk with cup in my hand. And there it was the signed documents on my desk. I smiled and grabbed it before knocking on the door.  

“Come in.” Chanyeol called with his deep voice, and I went inside.  

He still had his head in his documents but when he heard my heels clicking on the marble floor he looked up.  

I went near to his desk and put the cup down on only an empty spot in front of him. But before I could remove my fingers, he reached for it and our fingers touched.   

I felt zap of electricity run my body.  

“Thanks.” He said and immediately picked it before bringing his coffee to his mouth.  

I’m sure it’s boiling hot, but it doesn’t stop him from taking a sip.  

“Miss Son, you make the best coffee.” He said while looking in my eyes and I blushed.  

He did that a lot. He always looked me in the eyes while talking and it made me want to look away, but I thought it would be rude. So, I had to endure the awkwardness.  

I put the documents next to other papers and his eyes moved to them.  

“You had them signed?” Mr. Park raised his brow and I nodded. Then a small smirk appeared on his lips. “Great.”  

Probably he was surprised too, because he knew Mr. Lee always takes too long to do his tasks.  

“Now tell me what’s next in my schedule.”  

“Umm... Well.” I opened my notebook and started reading. “You have a lunch-”  

“You can sit down Ms. Son.” He interrupted me.  

I stared at him dumbly. “Excuse me?”  

He leaned back to his chair and opened his legs, like he always does when he tries to get comfortable. Then sighed.  

“I mean you can sit down when talking to me, it might take long, so take a sit.” He suggested.  

I looked at him, then armchair in front of his desk. Thinking should I sit or not.  

Overthinking makes my head hurt sometimes.  

I didn’t wait any further, nodded once and took a seat in front of him, before I continued reading.  

“You have lunch meeting with Japanese investors at 1 p.m. so we might have to leave in at least-” I looked down on my watch. It was 12.15 p.m. “In 15 minutes.”  

He nodded. Telling me to continue.  

“It might last 1 hour, so after that you have an online meeting with your partners from New York at 3. Today isn’t too packed with meetings, you don’t have another one until 5.30. it might last only 15 minutes no more. Also, your mother’s assistant called saying she couldn’t contact you so asked me to tell you she would like to meet you tomorrow for dinner.”  

“Okay I’ll call her. Thank you can go now and gather your things before we leave.” he said and turned to his work on his desk.  

“Of course, sir.” I said and left. Then closed the door behind my back.  

 

 

* * * 

 

I waited for Mr. Park in front sit of his car. The driver is next to me. When he appeared at the door.
Tall and broad and so handsome. He has this aura around him, screaming dominance.  

He opened the door and sat in the back seat.  

“Let’s go.” He said and the driver started the engine.  

Chanyeol was sitting there, reading the meeting details on his iPad. I sneaked glances through the rear-view mirror, only to find him staring back at me. I immediately looked away, scared because I got caught.  

What would he think? Why would his secretary stare at him through the mirror?   

Chanyeol cleared his throat. “Do you need something Ms. Son?” He asked.  

I gulped and looked at him again. “No sir.” He is smirking. He is freaking smirking.  

Is he trying to tease me? He knows I'm flustered, and he makes me flush even more.  

“Are you sure?” he asked again with his voice dropping lower.  

“I-umm” I stammered “I’m sure sir.” I said again.  

“By the way Ms. Son, I like how detailed this information is, good job.”  

He praised me for the second time this day and I think my heart is going to burst.   

“I’m happy to help.”  

Soon we were at this Japanese restaurant Mr. Park choose.  

Japanese investors come too, almost immediately and I followed them to their table. Before I could leave, I felt hot breath in my ear, and I froze on the spot.  

“You have to stay here Ms. Son.” Chanyeol was standing right behind me, so I slowly turned around. He wasn’t that close anymore; he was holding the back of the chair. His head cocked sideways, telling me to sit down.  

And of course, I was obliged and sat down. He took the seat right next to me.  

I felt my cheeks were hot, hopefully not red. I sat there as if there was fire right next to me.  

But I still tried to focus on the meeting.  

I didn’t know Japanese unlike Chanyeol, but I would mark whatever my boss would ask me too.   

I loved having experiences like this. Since we had to work with Japanese people a lot maybe I would learn some necessary words to in that language.  

The meeting was successfully done in an hour, and we headed back to the company.  

When I was getting out of the car, in front of the building I accidentally stepped on a rock and stumbled, the only thing that stopped me from falling on my face on asphalt was a huge palm that grabbed my arm.  

“Be careful.” The gruff voice called.   

My boss was keeping me from falling. Then he wrapped his arm around my waist so he could support my weight.  

“Ms. Son are you okay?” He asked and I looked up at him.  

It was the moment Just like in movies.  

“I-I’m okay, I just stepped on rock.” I said with a trembling voice, still affected by the situation before.  

He finally let me go. “Can you stand yourself?” He was looking down at my feet. He noticed my high heels and raised my brow. “With that shoe, I’m surprised your knees are not shattered yet.”  

I blushed again. God what is this man doing to me.  

“It’s fine sir. It was fine before. As I said I stepped on a rock. I’m okay I didn’t hurt anything.” I reassured him.  

“Good then.” He nodded. “Let’s go now, or else we’ll be late to the online meeting.”  

He said and walked towards the building.  

I tried not to limp. I didn’t hurt anything, but my heel broke. Great, now I have to spend the rest of the day like this.  

I wobbled towards the elevator but tried to walk normally when he looked at me.  

I can’t take this off, I can’t really walk bare feet around the office for the next three hours.  

I knew those wouldn’t last long, but I still wore them almost every day.  

Fortunately, I could stay the rest of the day at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter