Cheater

WINRINA one shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Winter appeared restless in her sleep, awakening to check the clock on the wall. It was still 3 in the morning. Gazing at the person sleeping beside her, she inched closer.

Reaching out, her fingers skimmed Karina's cheek, a feather-light touch. "Babe?" she whispered, the sleep rasping her voice.

Karina stirred, a soft murmur escaping her lips as she turned. "Hmm?" she mumbled, eyes still clinging to sleep. "What's wrong, babe?"

"You're not close enough." Winter confessed, her voice barely above a whisper. "I... I need you closer,"

"Oh, I'm sorry." Karina whispered, her voice husky with sleep as she shifted, pulling Winter into her embrace. The familiar scent of floral washed over Winter, calming the storm within her. Her head nestled perfectly against Karina's chest, the rhythmic rise and fall of her breathing a lullaby that lulled her worries away.


*


Morning arrived swiftly. The insistent chirping of the alarm at 7:00 AM ripped through the peaceful silence of the bedroom. Winter reached over, gently nudging Karina's shoulder.

"Babe, wake up."

"Hmmm." A muffled groan was Karina's only response.

"We need to get ready." Winter prodded while stretching.

"5 more minutes." Karina mumbled, burrowing deeper into the covers.

Winter allowed Karina a bit more sleep, well aware that mornings were not Karina's forte. As Karina dozed, Winter got out of bed. After washing her face, she headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. The rhythmic clatter of coffee brewing a silent wake-up call.

Karina joined Winter at the dining table 15 minutes later. Groans, barely opening her eyes.

Karina slumps in her chair, hair messy, while Winter sips orange juice. "Hmm, why do you have toast while I have plain bread?"

Winter's face took on a sulky expression as she simply shrugged her shoulders.

"What's with the long face first thing in the morning?" Karina was unused to Winter's abrupt mood changes. Her eyes widened as she opened the slice of bread to find chocolate spread in the shape of a sad face.

"Why is my bread sad too?" Karina asked again.

"That bread is for the cheater," Winter declared.

"I'm sorry?" Karina was puzzled by the sudden accusation.

"I caught you cheating on me."

“Cheater? Me? With who?” Karina with confused look raising on of her brow.

“A tall girl, model-looking woman.” Winter said furiously.

Karina is confused as hell, but she keeps a calm demeanor.

“I would never cheat on you, Winter! I swear,” Karina still calm and reassured the sulky Winter while sipping her coffee.

“But you did!” Winter furrowed her forehead as she stuck her fork into the toast in front of her, making Karina startled.

Karina with a calm demeanor asked, “What did I do?”

“You were walking into a fancy boutique, hand casually resting on her waist...”

"Hand on her waist? Fancy boutique? Winter, I'm practically broke. The only thing I'm holding hands with these days is my monthly sales report.” Karina rolled her eyes.

Winter furrowed her brow, her tone sharp with frustration. "Your hand on her slim waist, Kar," she repeated, making sure her girlfriend understood just how angry she was. "I saw everything. Don't you dare try to deny it. And to make matters worse, you completely ignored me when we crossed paths outside the boutique."

Karina's lips curled into a knowing smirk. She had finally pieced together this situation's absurdity. "Oh, really?" she replied, her voice teasing. "Perhaps I was too focused on the girl who was with me. You know, she’s a model after all."

Winter pouted, her eyes filling with tears. “That’s hurt so much, Kar!” she murmured, “Ugh, you're making this so much worse! How could you just ignore me like that?”

Karina bit her lip, desperately trying to stifle her laughter. The sheer distress in Winter's puppy-dog eyes was enough to melt glaciers, and Karina knew the battle was already lost.

“I’m sorry, babe,” Karina whispered, her voice filled with tenderness, as she reached across the table. "I promise to make it up to you. You know you're the only one for me."

“But in my dream, you didn't seem sorry at all!” Winter's eyes were growing red, her adorable pout too irresistible for Karina to resist.

Karina chuckled softly, gently squeezing Winter's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter