Perfect Night

WINRINA one shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They had a mere five minutes left of class, yet the professor seemed like he was good for another hour. Most of the students had already tuned out, and Karina was no exception. Her focus was nowhere near the professor or the lesson.

While the professor droned on, Karina multitasked, checking her watch and unlocking her phone. A notification lit up the screen – a message from Winter.

 

Mindongiee 🤍

Hey Babe, have you finished?

Meet me at the usual spot.

05.02 PM

 

“That’s it for today. Remember to read chapter 12 for next week's discussion.” The professor finally wrapped up the class and as he left the room, Karina's attention immediately shifted back to her phone, a gleeful smile playing on her lips.

Quickly typing her response, Karina pocketed her phone, then gracefully exited the classroom. She strolled toward the park Winter had mentioned earlier, the excitement building within her. Upon arrival, she spotted Winter, the brunette-haired girl, sitting alone on the swing, playfully wriggling her shoes in the sand.

“Hey, Babe,” Karina greeted Winter, who was still engrossed in the sand.

Looking up with a childish smile, Winter proudly displayed her creation in the sand.  “Babe, look,”

Karina chuckled, appreciating the effort as Winter drew their initials name on the sand with a heart in the middle.

W 🤍 K

"That's so cute. Let me take a picture." Karina positioned herself in front of Winter, capturing their sneakers with the sand drawing in the background. She promptly uploaded the photo to her Instagram.

"What's the caption going to be?" Winter inquired, sneakily peering at Karina's screen.

"On the way to a fancy dinner date with W," Karina replied, her fingers swiftly typing away.

"You're taking me on a dinner date?" Winter's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Yup." Karina pocketed her phone before giving full attention back to her girlfriend and extended her hand to Winter. "Let's go."

 

* At the dinner *

Winter couldn't help but smile unconsciously as she observed Karina skilfully maneuvering through the chaotic scene inside McDonald's, attempting to dodge the energetic kids while balancing their food trays.

“Babe, they don’t have the pink one. All that’s left is green,” Karina lamented while setting the tray on the table.

“That’s okay. I don’t have the green one either,” Winter replied, unwrapping the toy from the plastic bag inside the Happy Meal box.

“The competition with the kids was tough.” Karina feigned exhaustion, mimicking a wipe of sweat from her forehead. “That’s really a war back there, hufft,” she added, amazed, pointing her thumb towards the order counter.

Winter chuckled at Karina’s antics. “You did a good job, babe. Thank you,” she said, rewarding Karina with a kiss on the cheek.

Grinning in surprise, Karina raised one hand, holding the cola cup like a grand prize trophy, the other hand cupping her chest proudly, all while quietly singing the ‘We Are the Champions’ anthem. The kiss from her girlfriend felt like the best reward after surviving the battlefield of the kids.

“Stop it, you’re embarrassing me,” Winter giggled, playfully hitting Karina’s arm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter