chapter one

the demon ate my glass.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A sigh escaped Seulgi’s lips as she stared down at the bowl she had just filled with water in her hands. Thirsty, she longed for a drink, but her hopes were dashed when she realized every glass in her possession had vanished down the demon’s throat.

 

“Hey.” Irene suddenly jumped onto the kitchen counter behind Seulgi, carelessly knocking into items in her landing spot. “Oops!” She glanced at the resulting mess and then at Seulgi. “Anyway, hey, do you have any more of that tasteless thing? I’m hungry again.”

 

Seulgi flinched, shutting her eyes as the reality of her dwindling resources sunk in. She gritted her teeth, reminding herself to stay calm. Getting angry could prove deadly, especially when dealing with a demon. Irene wasn’t a mere human, and Seulgi knew it, having witnessed her transformation firsthand. She had no intention of becoming a demon’s meal anytime soon.

 

“Hey, do you hear me?” Irene hopped off the counter and approached Seulgi, tapping her on the shoulder. “Give me that tasteless thing.”

 

“It’s called a glass,” Seulgi replied through gritted teeth.

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Give it to me.”

 

Irene’s casual demand only heightened Seulgi’s frustration, but she resisted the urge to react, well aware of the dangerous territory she was navigating with a demon in her home.

 

Seulgi took a deep breath, downing the bowl of water to quench her thirst. She set the now-empty bowl aside and exhaled. “At least put on some clothes, you d-demon.”

 

Irene blinked. “Clothes?”

 

 

“GET OUT AND FIGHT ME, YOU EVIL DEMON!”

 

Seulgi rushed to her bedroom, alarmed by Irene’s screams. Panic gripped her as she pushed the door open, and her eyes widened at the sight of Irene glaring at her own reflection through the mirror. Clutching the doorknob, Seulgi watched as Irene, transformed like the previous night, exhibited a fierce intensity in her eyes, and her horns appeared larger than before.

 

“IRENE!” Seulgi yelled, witnessing Irene about to land a punch against the newly bought mirror she had always dreamt of having in her own room.

 

Irene turned her head to look at Seulgi, and the burning intensity in her red eyes subsided, gradually returning to normal.

 

“What the heck are you trying to do?” Seulgi bravely walked towards Irene, positioning herself between the demon and the mirror. “I told you to put on those clothes, not to fight your own damn self!” She pointed at the pair of oversized hoodie and sweatpants on the bed.

 

Irene frowned. “There is an evil demon there! She will kill you if I don’t kill her first!” She insisted, her concern evident in her eyes.

 

Seulgi, attempting to calm Irene, took a deep breath and turned around to face the mirror, planning to explain that it was simply their reflections. “See? It’s just our reflections.”

 

Irene, however, gasped and forcefully pushed Seulgi aside. In a burst of impulsiveness, she broke the mirror with her forehead. The distorted image of her own reflection standing behind Seulgi, resembling a demonic presence ready to ambush the unsuspecting human, triggered Irene’s obsessive instincts.

 

Seulgi landed on the floor with an audible thud, a frown etched on her face as pain shot through her. Her eyes widened in disbelief as she comprehended the consequences of Irene’s impulsive act. It felt as if Irene had just shattered her world into irreparable pieces.

 

“W-what have you done…”

 

Unaware of the gravity of her actions, Irene sighed in relief. “I saved you. Now you owe me lots of that tasteless thing.” She grinned and turned to look at Seulgi, who remained on the floor, staring at the broken mirror in sheer shock. “Do not fret. I got rid of the evil one.”

 

“YOU DAMN DEMON!”

 

Irene gasped, appearing genuinely alarmed. “Oh no! Are you possessed by the evil demon?”

 

“GET OUT OF MY DAMN HOUSE NOW!”

 

 

Seulgi, desperate and frightened, slammed the entrance door shut and dropped to her knees. Clasping her hands together, she looked up, her voice trembling with fear, “Dear God, please save me from the evil ones. I didn’t believe in you before, but now I know I need you more than ever. Please, dear God.”

 

“Tsk, tsk.”

 

At the sound of the voice, Seulgi whirled around, stumbling back against the closed door with wide-open eyes. Confusion and terror gripped her as she had been certain she had just kicked Irene out. So, why was the demon standing before her once again?

 

“Y-you demon! God, kill this demon right now!” Seulgi pleaded desperately, fearing Irene’s merciless retaliation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter