chapter two

the demon ate my glass.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning! cringe ahead!

 

It was a seemingly peaceful night, or so Seulgi thought. Irene hadn’t been seen for twenty-nine days, and Seulgi couldn’t help but wonder if her absence was somehow linked to the various objects with cross symbols that she had strategically scattered around the house.

 

Seulgi, not one to believe in God, found herself resorting to such symbols as a precautionary measure. She hoped it would bring some semblance of normalcy back into her life, as she wished to avoid any further encounters with Irene or any other demon.

 

Despite Irene’s disappearance, Seulgi still noticed no change in the additional part that Irene had cursed her with. The troublesome addition had been a constant presence, requiring Seulgi to adapt to its existence if she wanted to live in peace.

 

Seulgi sighed in relief as she surveyed her kitchen, now restored to its normal state. She had replaced the glasses Irene had consumed, eliminating the need for a bowl to have a drink. The fact that Irene had devoured everything served as a stark reminder of her demonic nature.

 

A demon’s presence, Seulgi realized, meant that true peace was a concept that might never be fully attained.

 

“M-Master…”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widened at the sound of the familiar voice, an unsettling recognition settling in her gut. Denial clawed at the edges of her thoughts, but deep down, she couldn’t dismiss the nagging truth. Swallowing hard, she turned around to face the source of the voice.

 

It was Irene.

 

The demon.

 

Yet, Irene’s appearance had undergone a not so subtle transformation. No longer fully bare, she now wore a white short nightdress that left her legs exposed. Her hair, usually wild, was tied in a messy bun, revealing her delicate neck. The thin straps of the nightdress seemed almost invisible, as if barely holding on to keep the garment from slipping away.

 

Irene, the demon, cast her gaze downward, an uncharacteristic shyness in her demeanor. Seulgi, though not mesmerized, stared intensely at the unexpected presence before her, overcome more by shock than any other emotion.

 

“W-what? H-how?” Seulgi stammered, her eyes darting around the room in search of any powerful objects that could serve as protection. Irene’s aura felt different this time, and Seulgi sensed the need for caution.

 

Slowly, Irene crossed her arms above her chest. However, realizing she was covering herself, she moved them downward, positioning them right beneath her feminine assets. Avoiding direct eye contact, Irene’s face flushed with embarrassment as she seemed to struggle with her own newfound modesty.

 

“H-how do I look, Master?” Irene asked rather shyly.

 

“Huh?” Seulgi frowned deeply, her search for a potential lifesaving object coming to an abrupt halt. Irene didn’t seem immediately harmful, but suspicion lingered. “What are you talking about?”

 

“S-should I call you S-Senpai?”

 

“HUH?”

 

“S-Senpai, h-how do I look? D-do I look y e-enough for y-you to p-put a b-baby in m-me?” Irene eventually raised her gaze to meet Seulgi’s eyes, an attempt to exude cute and y demeanor.

 

Seulgi blinked rapidly, struggling to comprehend the unexpected and abrupt shift in Irene’s demonic personality. Irene now resembled a desperate teenager seeking a good time, and the transformation was unsettling.

 

“Ah, Senpai!” Irene purposely fell back onto the kitchen floor. In a sitting position, she bit onto the tip of her index finger while gazing up at Seulgi with puppy-like eyes. “K-kimochi!”

 

“Perish!” Seulgi acted swiftly, launching the cross-shaped object hidden in her pocket. It hit Irene’s face with precision. Seulgi then raced toward her room, slamming the door and securing it from the inside.

 

“KAAAAARINAAAA!” Irene’s enraged scream reverberated through the room as she angrily tossed the object away from her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter