I was happy...

Promise

(A/N: Okay, I said that I will put up the next chapter if I get enough comments but I think I should put up another one just in case you guys need more to comment on my story. So here it is~ Remember Italic fonts = flashback, Normal fonts = the present time.)

======================================================================================================

 

 

It’s been almost a month now, since hyung left. Ever since I woke up that day, that morning, I was never myself again. I tried to keep my bubbly, cheerful self shown in front of everyone; to my parents and my friends. I laughed and smiled in front of everyone else like I normally would, hiding the fact that the laugh and the smile were no longer genuine or that I was crying silently in my heart whenever I realized that hyung was no longer with me and felt the emptiness he left in my heart.

My birthday was coming in a month time. I decided to forget about the soon-would-be broken promise hyung made with me because I knew he won’t be coming back. I decided that I would try to forget hyung, even if it took me a lifetime.

 

---------

 

“Minnie, how about we go to the beach tomorrow?” Appa suddenly suggested. I paused in the middle of my dinner and looked at him.

“The beach? Why all of the sudden, Appa?” I asked. We hardly went to any family vacations or trip since Appa was busy with his work as a social worker. Appa was always busy with work and hardly gets any time off his work but we lived happily like any other normal Korean family.

“Why? Can’t I spend time with my lovely wife and my cute son?” Appa asked back, trying to make a pouty face on his, umm- ‘aged’ face. I smiled faintly, seeing my dad behaving like a four-year-old instead of a forty-year-old. I then pouted when Appa said I was cute

“Appa, don’t call me cu-“ I started to whine.

“Yeobo, you know how Minnie hates to be called ‘cute’.” Omma interrupted, emerging from the kitchen with a bowl of freshly cut persimmons in her hands and put it on the dining table. My mom was a full-time housewife.

“Fine, fine… My ‘handsome’ son…” Appa emphasized on the word ‘handsome’. “So, how bout it, Minnie-ah?” Appa looked at me expectantly.

“Mmm… Alright. But! I’ll decide where we will be going!” I chirped like the bubbly child that I was.

I was a single child. I was lucky and blessed that my parents pampered me and showered me with much love.

 

I was happy, so happy till then… 

 

 

====================================================================================================

 

Okay, chapter 2 is a very short one.

Next chapter will be a little angsty, so prepare some tissue~ ^-^

Anyway, comment!~