Just like that...

Promise

 

(A/N: Still in the past)

====================================================================================================

 

On the day of the trip, my parents and I drove to Incheon, about an hour ride from Seoul. The beach was crowded but we managed to find an empty spot and set our stuffs there. Omma packed us a variety of delicious snacks; kimbab, sweet potatoes, and some sandwiches; to picnic with. I had a very great time with my parents. The time we spent made me forget about hyung for a while.

It was almost midnight when Appa decided that we should head back to Seoul. It was dangerous to drive at night, but Appa had to get to work the next day. So, we packed our things and headed for the car. I fell asleep half the time of the ride back, feeling exhausted from the day at the beach. Omma had decided to sit at the backseat with me and so I snuggled to my mom’s lap like a baby and slowly drifted to sleep with Omma caressing my hair gently and lovingly while humming a lullaby.

I was in dreamland when I rudely waken up by a loud honking sounds. The honking got louder and louder, it almost deafens me. The next moment happened too fast that I could only remembered the darkness that engulfed me after that.

I woke up again soon after that, eyes slowly fluttering, revealing the darkness of midnight dimly lit by the moonlight. I was still in the car. Or at least I think I am. I couldn’t make up whether I’m still inside the car that I was in just a couple of minutes ago or that I was inside a metal scrap junkyard. I tried to move but then wincing as sharp pain shot up all over my body. I tried to move my legs but I can barely feel my lower body. I felt arms wrapped around my body. I turned my head to the side only to tear up as my sight landed on a bloodied, lifeless body that was once my mom’s. From the looks of it, Omma had shielded and protect me with her body during the crash. Tears blurring my eyes, I held my mom’s cold, unmoving hand, giving it light squeezes, hoping that it will move again.  But I knew it was useless. Omma was gone. I hugged her lifeless body tightly, ignoring the pain that was caused by just moving my arms slowly, as I wept.

Not long after that, sirens broke the silence of the after crash. Lights flashing here and there. I heard voices getting closer and then lights flashed onto my face.

“Hey! Are you all right? Hang on, we’ll get you out of there.” I heard a man’s voice.

It took the firemen sometime to pull me and Omma out of the car. Once I’m out, they laid me on a stretcher with much difficulty as I refused to let go of my mom’s body. I never noticed how my dad’s car looked like after the crash. When I did, I realized that Appa didn’t survive the crash either. The front of the car was a wreck.

Just like that, I lost two people that I loved and treasured the most in the whole wide world.

 

====================================================================================================

 

Sorry if I keep on updating short chapters, like I said before this was suppose to be a short story but was unintentionally became long...

but I guess writing like this added maybe a little suspense?

I know this story don't really attract anyone but if anyone is reading it PLEASE COMMENT! I don't care if it's positive or negative, its the only thing that kept me writing T-T~