Picnic

Let it be summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ate Isa! Wake up! Let's go on a picnic!” Vivian bounced up and down Isabella's bed, waking her up in the process.

 

 

If you ever experienced living with Isabella or tried having her on your sleepovers, you probably should know one thing by now. And that is, to not wake her up. Waking Isabella is like summoning the most torturous creature out there, especially if you wake her up way too early than her waking body clock. And that's what Vivian did just now.

 

 

“WHAT THE ING HELL!? VI!” Isabella shouted, brows furrowed and hands gripping tightly at her comforters.

 

 

Vivian frowned as her energy drained with Isabella's sudden flipping out. She didn't expect it to be this bad, but yeah she did expected to be scolded at some point. But bro! This is a whole new level of scolding.

 

 

Isabella sat up, arms crossed, and she started scolding Vivian. That's for a whole whopping ten minutes of Isabella just scolding her cousin, Vivian.

 

 

“Now get out of here!” Vivian slowly stood up, walking with her head bowed down. Her tears are threatening to fall anytime now. While Isabella, she just went back to bed and let sleep eat her up once again.

 

 

Isabella woke up after getting another hour of sleep since she let Vivian out of her room. She woke like nothing actually happened, like it was just a normal day for her. But before going downstairs, she did her morning routine and rituals.

 

 

“Good morning, Isa. May pagkain na dyan sa lamesa, kumain ka na. Aalis din pala ako ha? May pupuntahan akong birthday ng pamangkin ko. Nakaluto na rin naman ako ng tanghalian niyo kaya wag na kayong magalala.”

 

 

Ate Hilda greeted and gave her a plate to use. She just smiled saka pumunta sa lamesa para kumain. She's eating until she notices something. It's unlikely to be peaceful. The house is too quiet, so she asks.

 

 

“Ate Hilda, where is Lola and Vi?” Ate Hilda who's now washing dishes looked at her.

 

 

“Si Lola mo umalis, may kikitain daw na mga amiga niya. Si Vi, alam ko umakyat yun kanina para gisingin ka. Aalis kayo ngayon diba? Nagpaalam pa nga yun sa Lola niyo kanina na magpipicnic kayo sa may tabing dagat.”

 

 

Isabella feels a twinge in her chest as she hears the reason behind Vivian waking her up earlier. Kahit naman kasi medyo.. oo medyo lang naman, na masama ang ugali ni Isabella, mahal niya pa rin naman yang kaisaisa niyang pinsan. 

 

 

“Bakit? Hindi na ba kayo tutuloy?” Ate Hilda added.

 

 

“No po, tuloy po kami.” Isabella finished eating and went up to Vivian's room. 

 

 

“Hey Vi, you here?” She knocked but no one answered. She also tried twisting the knob but it's locked.

 

 

“So she's inside..” She whispered.

 

 

“Okay, I think I know what to do.” Isabella went to her room, took a shower and started preparing to go out. Once done, she took her purse and her phone with her.

 

 

“Ate Hilda, is Kuya Tony here? I'm going to the palengke po kasi to buy our food for the picnic.” Hilda looked behind Isabella.

 

 

“Hindi mo kasama si Vi?” Isabella shook her head no.

 

 

“Wala si Kuya Tony, siya ang naghatid sa Lola mo. Baka mamaya pa yun umuwi o baka intayin na rin niya si Lola mo hanggang makauwi.”

 

 

Isabella's confidence shrinked. Paano siya makakabawi sa pinsan niya kung hindi siya makakapamili ng food nila pang picnic? Hindi naman siya maalam sa lugar kaya pag sinubukan niyang mamasahe na lang ay sure pa sa sure na maliligaw siya. To add, she's not very great with directions. Para kang nagpalipad ng lobo pag hinayaan mo siyang bumyahe magisa

 

 

“I can't commute.” Isabella whispered.

 

 

Ate Hilda saw Isabella's reaction. Mukha kasing susuko na siya agad, hindi pa man siya nakakapagumpisa. So Ate Hilda suggested her something.

 

 

“Kung gusto mo, kumontrata ka nalang ng tricycle na dadaan dyan sa harap. Mas mapapamahal ka lang pero hindi ka na mahihirapang maghanap ng sasakyan pauwi. Sabihin mo lang na ihatid ka uli dito.” 

 

 

Isabella wanted to say no, but she nodded anyway. Dala lang din talaga ng pangangailangan. Ayaw niya din naman kasing maging masama ang pakikitungo sa kanya ni Vi. Sila lang din naman halos ang magiging magkasama ngayong bakasyon, so making Vivian hate her is the least thing she'd want right now.

 

 

And now she's outside their house, waiting for a single tricycle to pass, but there are just none.. It must've been Isabella's unlucky day and all seems to be against her.

 

 

But not until she saw Uno taking her motorcycle out of the parking lot. Uno went back in to close the gates.

 

 

“Yun lang po ba? Wala na pong iba?” She heard Uno shout as she pulled the gates close.

 

 

“Oo, apo. Magiingat ka!” It's now Lola Aurora who's shouting back.

 

 

Uno was busy wearing her helmet when she noticed a figure standing next to her. Nagulat pa siya nang makita si Isabella na nakatingin sa kanya.

 

 

“Uhm.. Uhh Hi? Can I ask where you're headed?” Naiilang na bati ni Isabella kay Uno.

 

 

“The market?” Uno was a bit confused too so she answered back with a question.

 

 

“Can I make sabay? Wala kasing tricycle and our driver is currently out with lola so.. Can I?” Uno was holding her laugh behind her helmet. Buti nalang at naka baba ang shield ng helmet niya. Isabella sounds so conyo that Uno got reminded of her friend who usually talked the same way.

 

 

“Sure, wait for me here. I'll just get my tricycle.” Ipinasok uli ni Uno ang motor niya at inilabas naman ang tricycle na ginamit din nila noong araw ng liga.

 

 

Uno took her helmet off and Isabella thinks her world just took a pause for a second. Uno even waved her hair a bit para hindi sumabit sa helmet yung hair strands niya, but that move was fatal for Isabella.

 

 

“Sakay ka na so we can both go.” Isabella didn't even notice na kanina pa pala siya nakatitig kay Uno. Wala na rin yung helmet sa kamay ni Uno, nailagay niya na sa loob ng bahay nila. How did it happened? Naiwan lang naman siyang nakatulala.

 

 

“Ah, yeah sure.” Pumasok na sa loob si Isabella and as soon as she did, she started reprimanding herself for her actions.

 

 

“Isabella, get your act together! This isn't the time for daydreams!” 

 

 

And so, she just started searching for picnic menus and st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter