Epilogue

With Gentle Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait, didn’t you say blue?"

Wheein looks at the corsage she’s holding then at Yongsun’s and then pouts at the mismatching colors. She’s holding a red corsage while Yongsun has a blue one on hers. She pouts even more because she remembers telling Yongsun red.

“I said red, unnie.”

“No, you didn’t” Yongsun disagrees, certain.

“I said red.”

It’s not mandatory to have corsages but Yongsun wants them to wear something similar. She’s still wearing the bracelet and necklace that Yongsun gave her but if they match accessories, it’s not too visible for Yongsun. Yongsun wants something obvious so they agreed on wearing corsages over their graduation gowns.

“No. Blue.” Yongsun is exasperated already and Wheein can see it. Her voice has started to raise already, drawing their family’s attention inside the car.

Wheein pouts even more at Yongsun’s depleting patience. “I texted red the other day.”

Yongsun rolls her eyes and slumps on her seat while releasing a sigh. “I knew I should’ve bought for the two of us.”

“I clearly said it in our text to bring red, unnie.”

“No, you didn’t! You said blue. I bought blue. You didn’t even want me to buy for the two of us. It’ll be easier for us to match that way!”

“Because you won’t let me pay.”

“And now what? What’s the point of this if we don’t match!?”

“Yongsun, Wheein,” Yongsun’s mother intervenes, “I don’t think you should really argue on your graduation day.”

“We can drop by a store to buy you two matching corsages if you want,” Wheein’s mother suggests.

Wheein smiles at her Mom’s suggestion but hearing Yongsun’s mumble beside her makes her frown at her girlfriend.

“What was that, Yongsun?” her mother asks.

“It’s fine, auntie. Not in the mood to do it anymore. Thanks, anyway.”

“I thought you wanted us to match, unnie!”

“Well, I don’t anymore.” Yongsun shrugs and looks outside of the car, uninterested.

Wheein frowns at Yongsun. She really wants to hit her arm but Yongsun’s entire attitude is not helping calm her nerves right now. She still has to speak in front of their schoolmates during the ceremony and she was hoping Yongsun could help her calm down. Clearly, not anymore.

Wheein turns away from Yongsun and crosses her arms, “I’m not going to include you in my speech later.”

“I don’t care.”

Wheein glares at Yongsun but Yongsun still looks unbothered so she looks away and continues to pout for the entire ride.

Their parents and even Yongsun’s older sister draw their breaths, sighing heavily and seeking patience for the two. Arguing has been a common occurrence for Wheein and Yongsun but the two always make up. But right now, the two are just on their own.

When they get to their school, Wheein and Yongsun still aren’t talking. Their families let them be as they head for the venue, which is at the school’s auditorium. Parents will be sitting on the second and their levels while the students on the rows of seats in front of the stage.

Before they separate, the parents help Wheein and Yongsun put on their graduation gowns and caps.

“We’ll try to get the seats close to the stage so we’ll be close to you two,” Wheein’s mother says. She holds Wheein at an arm’s length and inspects for any mishaps. Then she smiles at Wheein, making Wheein smile back. “I’m proud of you, my Wheenie.”

“Thank you, Mom” she responds, stopping herself from tearing up.

Then she gets hugged by Yongsun’s family to congratulate her. They take a lot of pictures, which is a mess, before they fix themselves after all the moving and posing they did.

“Lift your cap for a second, Whee” Yongsun whispers beside her.

She does as asked and watches Yongsun tucking a strand of hair behind her ears. Yongsun also fixes her glasses before helping her wear her cap again.

She also tucks Yongsun’s hair. “You too, unnie.”

“All good?” Yongsun asks.

Wheein smiles at her and nods. “Me too?”

“Yes.”

Despite the earlier argument, they will and always will be sweet towards each other. Though Wheein can still see that Yongsun is disappointed at the missing matching corsages. There’s really nothing that she can do because Yongsun left hers in the van. Wheein too is sad about it but it’s really evident in Yongsun's eyes.

“We’ll leave you two now so we can find seats closer to yours, okay?” Yongsun’s father says.

The ceremony started not long after.

In pairs, students march in the center aisle of the auditorium before heading to their seats. Whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter