What The Other Thinks

I Won't Take You For Granted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaeyunie

hey, u up?

lmao that sounded so boi coded im sorry

are u still awake?

not better but u get my point

 

Minjeongie

lmao nerd

yes i am why

im outside tho

 

Jaeyunie

whatcha doin

 

Minjeongie

grabbing lunch

u still sound like a fboi btw

why u askkk

 

Jaeyunie

HAHA damn im rlly bad at this

was just wondering if our call is still up this tues?

just making sure so i could clear up plans

 

Minjeongie

u flatter me

but yes its still up

u sound so busy

 

Jaeyunie

i am lol

i got something to tell u

but later

when we call

 

Minjeongie

okay??? so mysterious

i’ll see u tues jae

 

Jaeyunie

see u tues hun

enjoy ur lunch!

 

 

It’s just another Tuesday for Kim Minjeong. She woke up at 8 this morning, had bagels as breakfast, commuted to campus and arrived fairly punctual at around 11. Finished class at a little over 3, then commuted back home in 20 minutes.

 

Except she didn’t commute back to her flat–she commuted back to Jimin’s instead–and supposedly she’s due for her 5pm class but skipped ‘cause statistics. She’d rather lay in bed and have someone on top of her to warm her in these cold days. Which is what she is doing right now.

 

Jimin, on top of Minjeong, spent the last half-hour in bed pampering what once was a white canvas of a neck with small kisses and teasing bites. 

 

“Don’t you have a shift in like,” Minjeong suppresses a moan, “ten minutes?”

 

“If you know I have a shift then why come here?” Jimin pauses her little mischief, propping an elbow to marvel at the girl beside her and the mess she made on her neck.

 

Minjeong copies her position, bringing her free hand to the slightly stinging constellation of hickeys on her neck, “because your place is closer to campus and traffic has been a real these days,” Minjeong tries her very best to suppress the shy smile threatening to hang on her lips, the effect that Jimin gives her these days is so electrifying and Minjeong just loves it.

 

She’s in love with it.

 

The taller laughs, pushing herself off the bed to get together her things for her evening snow plowing shift. She’ll be late of course, it takes her twenty minutes the fastest to get to her client’s residence, and she only got like seven minutes left until her shift. Oh well, good thing she’s plowing with Yeji today or else she’ll face the wrath of Aeri or Chaewon for arriving so late. 

 

Jimin packs her backpack and fetches a hoodie to pair with her coat hanging by the front door, all the while Minjeong sits up on bed and watches the older girl tidy her things. 

 

“Is it okay if I stay a while? I’ve a scheduled Zoom meeting soon,” Minjeong asks as she bundles the blankets to warm her cold feet. 

 

Jimin turns around and raises an eyebrow, a cheeky smile makes its way on her face, “How sophisticated.”

 

Minjeong rolls her eyes and Jimin laughs again, turning her attention back to loading her backpack with her plowing goggles and beanie. 

 

“What meeting?” Jimin asks this time, back still turned from Minjeong. 

 

“Just the usual call with Jaeyun.”

 

Jimin freezes a little, almost as if she’s mimicking the snowflakes on her bedroom window sticking to the outdoor panes. 

 

Of course, Minjeong has scheduled calls with her ex slash best friend when the holidays are coming. It’s a tradition, so they’d keep each other updated. Jimin had commented snarkily once weeks into their situationship, but Minjeong seemed to be taking these scheduled calls seriously so Jimin never about it again. 

 

“Okay,” Jimin smiles as she turns to Minjeong, waving a small goodbye then hastily exits the front door because she’s super late (totally not because she wants to escape the conversation that she is having at the moment).

 

After all, they’re just good friends with weird insatiable habits, right?

 

 

Yu Jimin is just one ordinary girl. Have always been, and always will be. 

 

She has been ordinary ever since she was a kid. Became a member of the taekwondo club when she was in primary school and made it all the way to black belt, joined the choir and basketball team during middle and highschool, and managed to maintain an average B+ score all through the schools she attended. 

 

Just the usual type of diligent student. Not as popular as the riches and preps, but is known enough as Jimin number 11 from the girls’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter