How It Started

I Won't Take You For Granted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started in the summer of first year.

 

Kim Minjeong, just your ordinary campus student dressed all casual in her fitted jeans and crop top, attends a big party a friend of a friend of hers hosted in some frat house (not sure what, probably the one her brother joined and still a proud member of  despite graduating five years earlier) with her gang of friends. 

 

Her first year of college has officially concluded, and what a huge plot twist her major had been. She did not expect the first two semesters of being an international business management student would render her almost senseless with the endless group projects and assignments, but she did finally reach the end of her maiden year. Now, she  would very much like to start having fun and end the night with a bang (not literally, but would not decline any interesting offer either) and a big bottle of vodka.

 

Minjeong and a couple of her gal pals—Yunjin, Ryujin, and Yizhuo—flaunted their way inside the frat house feeling a little flirty and risky. All four girlies are single and ready to mingle, with Minjeong freshly back in the market after an awkward breakup with her high school boyfriend who moved overseas for college. Jaeyun was a sweet guy who played football too much and taught her too many Australian slangs, but was honest and cute and kind to her and all of her friends and family (even her mom asks about him every now and then). 

 

But like every highschool romance that starts and ends with highschool, so does their relationship two weeks after graduation. Jaeyun went to Australia so he can be closer to his family, and Minjeong stayed behind and enrolled in the most prestigious university in the country. They were friends before they were lovers, so they stay in touch. 

 

Her friends didn’t like that, of course, they witnessed first hand how heartbroken Minjeong was the months before college because Jaeyun had to leave. Having Minjeong staying in touch with Jaeyun means that she’ll always have those tiny pieces of her broken heart, because of him, close to her. But Minjeong being the everkind person she is, paid little attention to feelings and texts Jaeyun once or twice every week. Speaking of the devil, her phone chimed a familiar tune.

 

Jaeyunie

heyy

i just got home from football prac

drained asf

 

Minjeong smiled a little as she hid the screen of her phone from her three nosy besties.

 

Minjeongie

hi to u too

im at a party

well in front of it anyways

 

Jaeyunie

omg

be careful

are u alone?

pls call a friend or pretend u know some1 there

 

Minjeongie

im fine silly

im w the three stooges

 

Jaeyunie

HAHAHA kayy

have fun

be careful and dont let strangers take u home!!

i mean it!!!

 

Minjeongie

okayy

 

Entering the frat house with all four girls interlinking their arms after Minjeong locked her phone again, they were greeted with sounds blaring from speakers and the reek of strong alcohol. Ryujin hollers at the sight of everyone holding red solo cups. Just as Yunjin turned around and was about to brief them with a game plan to not be separated and brought home by mediocre and uny men and/or women, Ryujin was already gone and Yizhuo had already downed her first cup and felt tipsy, whilst Minjeong was still trying to get used to the environment. 

 

“What the hell? Where’s Ryujin?” Yunjin screamed over the extremely loud noise of music. To be fair, it didn’t sound like music at all. Somebody was probably just tapping random buttons on a drum pad controller. 

 

“Don’t know!” Yizhuo and Minjeong screamed in unison, though one was smiling and giggling uncontrollably and the other was just a human crutch for her friend at this point. Guess who was who. 

 

Yunjin could feel a migraine coming up as she facepalmed herself, swearing at her friends for being such noobs at partying ‘cause like who on earth disappears not even ten seconds after entering or even is already wasted after their first intake of alcohol like???

 

To her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter