What One Thinks

I Won't Take You For Granted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Snow plowing is a dangerous sport, Chaewon once said. There are so many occupational risks that are involved in the mix. You could get run over by the big truck, or somehow have massive snowballs get thrown at you by your workmates for no particular reason. Jimin loves the job nonetheless, who even is she to turn down the opportunity to play with snow all night?

 

Jimin luxuriates herself in risks that could actually cost so much, but the thrill that transcends in the process is what makes her feel so alive and free. Like throwing snowballs at her friends to break the ice (no pun intended) whenever they feel bored when plowing. The little things like the mischievous smiles of Aeri and Yeji and also aggressive catapults of snowballs from Chaewon makes her stomach go all warm despite the cold weather and she would feel so much better.

 

On the contrary, Minjeong dreads the detriments of life. She mostly hates surprises, even something as simple as unintentionally tripping over her own feet when walking to campus. She likes all things concise, practical, and correct. If life was a Lego building, Minjeong thinks that it should be built as per the booklet’s instructions, there shouldn’t be any bonus blocks from out of the blue.

 

Minjeong mostly hates surprises, but a certain recent flabbergast is one exception. Every time she comes over at Jimin’s and the apartment host greets her with searing kisses and firm grips on her thighs to yank her legs up around Jimin’s slim waist, carrying her to bed with only one objective to achieve, she feels her hatred for detrimental things in life dissipates little by little.

 

Minjeong doesn’t mind a little risk going on if it’s with Jimin.

 

 

Jimin unnie

sup

 

Mindoongz

i swear if you go on I will kick u in the shin

 

Jimin unnie

HAHAHAHAH DONT PLS

wya bby gurl

 

Mindoongz

home

and im so kicking u in the shin

why

 

Jimin unnie

nothing

 

Mindoongz

oh please

 

Jimin unnie

hahahaha sorry

come over?

aeri went home to her mom’s

 

Mindoongz

hmmm

aeri unnie went alone?

 

Jimin unnie

w yeji n chaewon

 

Mindoongz

wont they suspect anything bcus u stayed behind?

what was ur excuse?

 

Jimin unnie

uhhh

tutoring? hehe

 

Mindoongz

oh god

fine give me 30 mins

Jimin unnie

no worries ill pick u up instead

 

Mindoongz

mkay

be careful on ur way

 

Jimin unnie

yes maam ('-')7

 

Mindoongz

haha dork

 

 

They’ve been in this sort of arrangement for two years now, it seems.

 

Minjeong is already in the middle of her fifth semester, which means she’s in her third year already. On the other hand, Jimin, all in her seventh semester glory, is in the midst of wrapping up her thesis while juggling her substitute middle school math teacher job and snowplowing job in the winter time for the local residence. Busy woman.

 

Maybe this is Minjeong’s karma for always teasing Yizhuo and Aeri’s weird relationship.

 

Even in the days of those two years that sometimes stretch just a tad too long to be called 24 hours a day, not one of their friends know. Not even Minjeong’s circle, or even Jimin’s. They just assume Minjeong sleeps over at Jimin’s a lot because the latter assigned herself as a ‘tutor’ for the younger beauty. Though it’s not like they don’t study together to make use of that tutoring status, it’s just that they prefer to do something else rather than studying.

 

Maybe Jimin is more suited to be called Minjeong’s anatomy practicum tutor instead.

 

Their first few interactions were as messy as it can get, especially when Minjeong first slept at Jimin’s after the frat house party–screamed at the top of her lungs when she woke up to a very Yu Jimin spooning her from behind–and clumsily stumbled out in a jumble of super wrinkly clothes from the night befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter