starfan24 first request

Calmbeforestorm Christmas Requests!
Please log in to read the full chapter

In the world where all colors are lost, music is the only thing that can bring them back.

 

As Chanyeol's fingers pressed the keys, he let out a long breath.

 

With his eyes closed, Chanyeol could get lost in a different world. One that wasn't desperate and full of lies.

 

The end that he dreaded came too soon for Chanyeol's liking. Letting the last note finish its monotonous melody.

 

Kind of sad, being the last one, all alone.

 

Lonely.

 

Chanyeol could relate to the note very well.

 

Two warm hands placed on top of Chanyeol's cold ones, smaller in size.

 

"What were you playing?" She whispered in his ear, the melodic voice sending tingles to his heart.

 

"Spring by Vivaldi." 

 

Her smile faded, turning into a pout.

 

"It is winter, you should play something to lift up your Christmas spirit!"

 

Her voice alone sent pleasurable tingles to Chanyeol's heart.

 

Their first Christmas together, he couldn’t wait to see her reaction for the special gift he had prepared.

 

The shine in her eyes, he wanted to keep it forever.

 

Visible confusion was unexpected, but he hoped it would soon change to excitement as his fingers pressed the keys.

 

Chanyeol couldn't see most of her expression, too indulged in the song.

 

It was a unique one, written by Chanyeol himself. 

 

Countless days spent putting up jumbles of notes to create a perfect melody.

 

Countless nights spent lying around in bed, imagining her reaction.

 

That smile, it kept Chanyeol going and his world moving.

 

Chanyeol hoped to see it again and again, only to narrow his eyes in confusion.

 

“Didn't you like it?” he asked carefully, moving his hand to grab her gentle one.

 

It felt colder than snow.

 

Her passionate eyes were burning with rage.

 

“How dare you!”

 

“Dare I what?” Chanyeol raised a brow.

 

He looked calm but inside everything was boiling in a mix of confusion and anger.

 

Not angry at her but himself.

 

His actions had unwillingly caused her pain.

 

When getting to know each other, Chanyeol noticed how little she told of her past.

 

Back then Chanyeol thought that she was just shy or at best very secretive.

 

Now he realized he had strung a chord that was better left alone.

 

“This Christmas was supposed to be special but you dare to make a stupid song! “

 

Now she had unleashed the chains that were holding Chanyeol's inner demons.

 

Chanyeol did something he would regret for a long time, possibly forever.

 

He snapped.

 

“Stupid song? Then it makes you stupid because I made it with you in mind!”

 

The hurt in her eyes was enough to make Chanyeol's inner demons hide in the darkest corner and never come out.

 

“I am sorry, I didn't mean it. You are the best thing that has happened to me!” Chanyeol begged, knowing very well that his apology wasn't a strong enough bandaid to keep the wound from hurting. 

 

She threw him a look as if he was nothing more than trash on her shoe. 

 

At that time Chanyeol felt exactly like that.

 

“You know what will be the

Please log in to read the full chapter