Chapter 3

Purposely Left It There!

"What chu doing?" Taefung asked. Junka was shocked by Taefung sudden appearance in the kitchen. She stopped from continueing pouring melted chocolate into the molded container. She stopped making the chocolate and secretly put into his locker since Taefung stayed at her house and the next day was the last day. So, she planed to continue putting the chocolate secretly in Taefung's locker.

Taefung walked into the kitchen and went to the fridge. He took a box of milk and drank it. He jumped on the kitchen counter and sat on it beside the ingredients. "What are you doing?" he asked again while surping the milk using a straw.

"N..nothing" Junka startled. It was her first time to see Taefung half topless. He was wearing only a shirt and he didn't button it. It was Junka's first time to see his bare chest too although Taefung has stayed in her room. She was totally amazed by Taefung's perfect body.

Taefung looked into Junka's eyes and he realized that Junka was staring his body. He smirked, "You like what you are looking?" he winked while drinking the milk. Junka turned her sight away and started to blush. 

"It's not like what you are thinking" Junka answered. Her cheeks started to become red. 

"Oh really?" he smirked. "Anyway, what are you doing? It's already 3 in the morning"

"Nothing" Junka answered. To cover everything, Junka kept back the molder container into the cabinet. She then took the bowl of the melted chocolate and walked to the fridge. Before she could open the fridge door, Taefung jumped off from the kitchen counter and held Junka's arm. With his other hand, he wraps it around Junka's waist from her back. Junka was froze from continueing putting the chocolate into the fridge. 

"What are you doing?" Junka asked and started to blush again.

"I just want to taste that chocolate" he said with a very slow and romantic voice. He dipped his finger into the bowl and still not letting go Junka's waist. "This taste is familiar to me" he said.

"It is?" Junka gulped.

"Yes. I know what you are going to do with this chocolate. You want to put it in my locker secretly just like you always did before right?" Taefung smirked,

Junka gulped once again, "Why you think so? It might be someone else. Plus, I don't like you"

"You sure you don't like me?" he smirked. "If you don't like me, then why you want to keep this chocolate into the fridge before you pour it into the molded container. Aren't you nervous? That is why you can't do things right don't you?" he smirked again. He left a kiss on Junka's cheek and walked out the kitchen, leaving Junka alone.

Junka kneeled on the floor with the bowl on her lap. She let out a sigh. Slowly, she held her cheek where Taefung landed his kiss on. 'I could die if he continues doing this' she thought.

--------------------

"Thanks for letting our son staying at your house when we're not around" Taefung's mother thanked to our parents. 

The whole family were there in the living room except for the twins and Eunji. Junka sat opposite of Taefung and beside her mother. "It's not a big problem. If he wants, he still can stay here" Junka's mother explained. 

"Omma!" Junka called and lypsync to her mother No.

"Oh you sure? That is so sweet of you" Taefung's dad said.

"Of course he can stay here since we want our mission to be accomplished right?" Junka's mother answered and winked to Taefung's mother. Taefung's mother replied it by a wink back. 

Junka got up from the seat as she was annoyed with her mother. She was mad with her mother because she never told her about her plan with Taefung's mother. She took her jacket and walked out the house, heading to the park where the twins and Eunji were playing. Taefung got up and followed her from behind. 

Junka didn't realized that Taefung was following her until he called her name, "Junka-ah"

Junka stopped from walking and turned around. Taefung walked closer to her. "Yes?" Junka asked.

"Aren't your hands cold?" Taefung asked.

"What do you mean?" she asked back. 

"Your jacket don't have pockets and obviously you are not wearing gloves" Taefung said.

"I'm okay with it" Junka smiled. "Besides, the winter is almost over now. I don't feel cold at all"

"But still you need to take care of yourself. If you suddenly get sick, who will take care of the twins?" Taefung smiled.

"Why suddenly you care about the twins? They are not even your siblings" Junka rose her eyebrow, trying to figure out what Taefung actually wanted to say.

"What I mean is..." Taefung took off his right glove with his teeth. He then took Junka's right hand and wore the glove on her. After that he held Junka's left hand. He smiled to Junka as Junka looked weirdly to him, "Now we will reach our equilibrium"

Junka rose her eyebrow, "What are you doing?" Junka asked.

"Nothing much. Just sharing our body heat. Now let's go find our dongsaengs" he smiled and grabbed Junka to the park to meet their dongsaengs.

All the way from their house to the park, Junka was blushed and couldn't speak a word. She was so happy that she could walk with her crush whilde holding his hands. She couldn't stop smiling in their journey to the park.

Of course, Taefung realized that Junka was smiling all the way from their house to the park but he pretended not to see anything. He really liked it to get to hold Junka's hand. Her hand felt so soft. It was his first time to hold Junka's hand and he really enjoyed that moment. 

They sat at the nearest bench when they reached the park. Junka took off the glove that Taefung gave it to her. "Thanks but I think I don't need this anymore. I'm fine" Junka smiled.

Taefung took the glove. Soon after that Junka sneezed. And that made Taefung burst into laughter. "How is that supposed to be fun?" he took off the glove he was wearing and gave it to Junka. "Wear this"

"What about you?" Junka asked.

"It's okay. I'm good with this kind of weather" Taefung looked up at the sky and smiled. "Winter is going to be over in just few days"

Junka looked up at the sky too, "Yeah. I'm gonna miss this winter so much but I don't really like this season that much"

"Why? I love winter" Taefung responded.

"I don't know. It's not like I hate it so much it's just I don't really like cold weather. I like sunny" Junka explained.

Taefung ruffled her hair. Junka blushed. "Let's make this coming sunny weather a very meaningful memory to us okay?" Junka smiled and nodded.

Since then, they've become best friend. Although Junka had feelings towards Taefung but he treat Taefung just like her own bestfriend. Just like how she treat Kyuwan and Ghun. Same goes to Taefung. He felt like Junka is the bestest friend he ever had. Although they are best friend now, but Junka still have crush on him.

--------------------

"How is that supposed to happen?!" Junka asked, almost yell. She almost spilled the juice she was drinking. It was their routine that every Thursday, after school, Junka and Kyuwan would go to the cafe they always spent time together. Just sometimes with Ghun and sometimes without.

"How am I supposed to know? Ghun told me yesterday" Kyuwan explained.

"That's impossible. I mean he was really nice to me. We always spend our time together and he never said anything about his girlfriend" Junka asked. She still couldn't believe what Kyuwan said about Taefung already had a girlfriend before he stayed in her house. 

"I know right. I couldn't believe what Ghun said too. I think it's better for you to ask Taefung by yourself" Kyuwan explained.

"But why only now Ghun tell you this?" Junka asked.

"He wanted to tell you before this but he was afraid to tell you directly. So, since Ghun and I are now back together, only now he have guts to tell me this" Kyuwan explained.

"I'm happy that you two finally get back together but still..." Junka said while putting his glass on the table. "WHY GHUN ONLY TELL ME NOW?! WHY HE DIDN'T TELL ME EARLIER?!" she yelled.

"I guess this is why he didn't tell you earlier. Now, calm down. After this, you go home, meet him and ask him to be honest to you" Kyuwan said, trying to calm her bestfriend down.

"I hate you Ghun" Junka mumbled but Kyuwan heard her.

"I've told you not to put hope on Taefung but you are so damn stubborn not to listen to me" Kyuwan let out what she thought about Junka.

"Fine" Junka rolled her eyes and finished drinking her juice. She got up from her seat and took her bag. "I'm going now to find the answer" she said and walked leaving Kyuwan at the cafe.

 

Junka walked slowy to her house. She stopped right in front of the gate and looked at Taefung's house. She let out a sigh and looked up at the sky.

She really couldn't accept what Kyuwan told her at the cafe. Junka and Taefung have been bestfriends from  end of winter until now. And now, it's almost summer holiday. For Junka, their bestfriend relationship not just like an usual bestfriend relationship. For her, it was more than that. She assumed Taefung as her boyfriend although they were not official announced that and Taefung never said anything about it. Junka thought that Taefung would think the same too because the way he treated Junka were not like other bestfriends would do. It was more than that. But Junka was wrong until what Kyuwan told her. 

"Annyeong Junka" someone said. Junka turned her head to the left and she saw Taefung in his school uniform with Eunji and the twins.

"Noooonaaaaaa" "Unnniiiieeeee" the twins and Eunji called as they saw Junka standing in front of the house gate.

Junka kneeled and spread her arms wide to hug the kids. "Annyeong kiddos" Junka smiled as she hugged the kids. "Where have you been?" Junka asked.

"To the park" Nina answered. "Taefung oppa brought us there" Junka stood up and ruffled Eunji's hair. She then looked at Taefung. Taefung just smiled to her. 

"We need to talk. Private talk" Junka said to Taefung as she looked into his eyes.

"Okayy" Taefung looked at Junka weirdly while he asked the kids to get into the house. "So where we should talk?" Taefung asked.

"Let's talk while we walk" Junka said while pointing the way she wanted to walk too. She pointed to the way to the park.

"Okay but your bag looks heavy. Should I?" Taefung asked.

"No it's okay" Junka said and started walking. Taefung followed her and walked beside her. "Please answer my question honestly okay?"

"Okay. You are starting to scare me. What is it you wanna ask?" Taefung said, still putting a smile on his face.

"Answer this with yes or no okay? Is it true that you have a girlfriend?" Junka asked. Her heart beat fast as she was nervous what would be Taefung's answer. Her hands started to sweat. Her hands sweat a lot when she was nervous.

"What's up with that sudden question?" Taefung stopped walking and rose his eyebrow.

Junka stopped walking too. "Yes or no?"

"Why do I need to answer that question?" Taefung shished. He looked away.

Junka cupped his cheeks and turned his head to face her. She looked him into his eyes. "Yes or no?" 

It took a while for Taefung to answer that question. He let out a sigh and answered, 'Yes"

Junka let go his hands. Her eyes started to get watery. "Since when?"

"Since 2 weeks before I stayed at your house" he answered.

Junka looked away. Her heart was totally broken. Her heart was torn into pieces. It was like a glass that dropped on the floor. Taefung held her arms and grabbed her to the park. When they reached the park, they sat at the bench where they always seat whenever they have to babysit their dongsaeng. 

Taefung looked down while he was trying to explain everything to Junka. Junka just looked forward. "I didn't mean to lie to you" Taefung explained. Junka was remained silence. "But I didn't lie to you. I just keep it as a secret because I don't want to tell everyone about my current status"

"Did she knows that you stayed at my house?" Junka asked.

"Yes and she was okay with it" Taefung answered.

"Did she knows that you were staying in my room?" Junka asked.

Taefung took a deep breath and answered, "No. She didn't know about that"

"Do you know about our mothers' plan?"

"Yes, I know. My mum told me and I am okay with their plan" Taefung answered.

"Are you still in a relationship with her? I mean are you still a couple right now?" 

"Yes" Taefung turned his head to look at her face. He saw tears rolled on her cheeks. He wanted to wipe her tears but Junka pushed his hand away.

"This is not the right thing to do when you have a girlfriend" Junka said. Taefung was stunt by her words. Junka took a deep breath. "So all the things you did to me was just an act? It was fake?" Junka sighed. "What are you? I am not a toy that you can play with. I'm a human. A normal human who wants to love and to be loved. You know that I have crush on you right?" 

Taefung nodded his head.

"Is it your type that you like to give hope to your crush? You gave me hope, Taefung. You gave me hope. And now the hope has gone away" Junka said and stood up. She wiped her tears and left last words to Taefung, "Treat your girlfriend nicely. She's lucky to have you. Don't give her hope. Just like what you did to me. Appreciate her" she fixed her bag on her shoulder and walked alone to her house.

-------------------

Junka ignored every calls by Taefung since she heard the truth from Taefung's mouth. They were like back to stranger. First they were stranger to each other. Then, Junka started to have crush on him. The crush continued until they've become bestfriends. And now they are back to strangers. That's the cycle.

Junka's mum patted Taefung's shoulder and smiled, "So Taefung. You've to stay here for another 2 days. You know where's the room. Just assume this house just like yours okay? You can go to your room. You know where is it right?"

Taefung just smiled to her. Junka's mum entered the kitchen. Taefung took his bag and headed to Junka's room. When he reached upstairs, he looked at Junka's door and it was wide open. Suddenly Junka appeared at the frame door with a phone in her hand and earphone.

Junka saw Taefung at the end of the hallway of her room. She looked at him with hate in her eyes. As she saw him, she banged the door hard. Taefung let out a sigh and walked slowly to Junka's room. She tried to open the door but it was locked. Taefung knocked on the door but there was no answer from Junka as Junka puposely to turn the volume up to the highest volume.

Taefung knocked the door hard but there was still no respond from Junka. Suddenly Nina and Sulhu walked out from their room. "Hyung what are you doing here?" Sulhu asked.

"I have to stay here for another 2 days" Taefung said.

"You broke noona's heart and you still dare to come and stay in our house?" Sulhu asked, crossing his arm.

Taefung bent to look into Sulhu's eyes. "I promised you that I won't break noona's heart right?"

"I remember that promise but you don't even know how she suffers" Sulhu explained.

Nina just stood there, clueless. She had no idea what Sulhu and Taefung were talking about. So, she walked closer to Junka's room door and knocked the door hard while screaming, "UNNIIIEEEE!!! SULHU IS BULLYING ME AGAIN. HE TOOK MY DOLL! UNNIE HELP! OUCH! HE IS HITTING ME WITH HIS ROBOT" She then whispered to Taefung, "When she open this door, you quickly go inside okay oppa?" she winked. "YAH! SULHU IT'S HURT! UNNIE!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The door was slowly opened, "Yah! Sulhu stop bully your----" she was out of her words when Taefung quickly wrapped his arm around her waist and pushed her inside the room. He then close the door at the back. "YAH!" Junka yelled.

"Annyeong" Taefung smiled, innocently. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great now get out from my room!" she yelled.

Junka tried to go to the door but she was blocked by Taefung. She pushed Taefung to the door and held the door knob but Taefung was faster. He held Junka's hand while the other arm, he wrapped it around her waist. He then slowly pulled her closer and hugged her.

He rested his chin on her shoulder and whispered, "I miss you, Lee Junka" Junka eyes started to get watery. "I really miss you. I really am" he said in her ears.

Junka let Taefung to hug her. She miss Taefung too just like how Taefung miss her. But she doubted on Taefung since for her, he lied to her before when actually Taefung kept it as a secret. She didn't want to create any chaos between her and his girlfriend. She didn't want to be call as the boyfriend stealer. So for her, it's better to stay away from him.

Not to fell on him again, Junka pushed Taefung. She pointed her finger, "You, seriously? Just, erghhhh" she said. She pushed Taefung aside, turned the door knob and walked out from the room.

Taefung trailed her. He looked up, let out a sigh and looked back to Junka. Sulhu and Nina saw Junka walked out from the room while crying. Taefung looked at the twins and giggled. Sulhu looked at Taefung with angry face, "Hyung---" Before Sulhu could say anything, Taefung shut the door in front of them and locked it. Taefung leaned at the door and smirked. 

--------------------

To be continue...